16th July 2012, 08:10 PM
gokul.kumar

How to get a job in Indian Railways? I am studying B.E Mechanical 3rd year

how can i join in a job in indian raiway????i am studing b.e mech 3rd year ........now i am having only 70% of mark.........plz ans to my email [email protected]........

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Job in Railways being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in CSE?
  2. Procedure to apply for summer training in Indian Railways after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering) 3rd year?
  3. How to get a job in Indian Railways? What are the necessary steps? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I get a job after studying mechanical engineering 3rd year
  5. How to get a job in railways after doing mechanical 3rd year?
  6. Can I get a good job in Mechanical government department? I am studying mechanical 3rd year
  7. How may I find a job in Indian railways after completion of mechanical engineering course?
  8. How to become Loco Pilot or Section Engineer in Indian Railways after studying in first year of Mechanical Engineering? Is there any special training required to become Loco Pilot? What is the scope for job in section engineering?
  9. How to join Indian Army after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering 3rd year
  10. How to do summer training in Indian Railways?
  11. Jobs after B.Tech (mechanical engineering) with 76% marks upto 3rd year?
  12. Can I apply for a job after studying 3rd year mechanical engineering
  13. What should I do after joining in marine? I am studying mechanical 3rd year
  14. How to get jobs in Indian Railway while doing B.E ECE 3rd year?
  15. Short term training in Indian Railways around Mumbai? -- [New]
  16. Industrial Training in Indian Railways or Core companies for mechanical engineering student?
  17. How to join Indian railways after doing computer engineering
  18. How to get a job in Railways after studying B.Tech 1st year? Qualification necessary for the job?
30th July 2012, 04:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in Indian Railways? I am studying B.E Mechanical 3rd year

You can get in to jobs in Indian railways only after you successfully complete B.Tech course. You can apply for technical officer posts in railway department after B.Tech. You can log in to official site of RRB and apply on that basis. Some of the posts that you can apply in railway department are section engineer, divisional engineer, project engineer etc. If you qualify written exam, you need to attend personal interview.
19th August 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get a job in Indian Railways? I am studying B.E Mechanical 3rd year

How to get a job in Indian Railways? I am studying B.E Mechanical final year
12th January 2013, 06:50 PM
abhishek0123

You can choose any railroad at the location you wish to live at.
Go to work in the operating department. that will be as a brakeman or switchman, that is the pathway to engineer.
In time depending on manpower requirements, usually less than 5 years you will be offered a chance for promotion to engineer.
The training class is usually a bit less than a year, is quite intense but most people pass.
Railroad business is forecast to increase over the foreseeable future, if you are furloughed temporarily don't despair, you will be recalled.
It's not a prefect world, but it is a pretty good job, a bit stressful on family life but beats sitting in an office all day.
Good Luck!
12th January 2013, 09:45 PM
shelly1986

You can choose any railroad at the location you wish to live at.
Go to work in the operating department. that will be as a brakeman or switchman, that is the pathway to engineer.
In time depending on manpower requirements, usually less than 5 years you will be offered a chance for promotion to engineer.
Top ten classified website
23rd January 2013, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

How many marks should i score in mechanical engineering for railway jobs?
21st April 2013, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

railway exams for BE in mechanical engineering
9th August 2013, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

what i do prepration
10th August 2013, 01:35 AM
chikkykranthi619

QUE:How to get a job in Indian Railways? I am studying B.E Mechanical 3rd year

ANS:Since you are still in 3rd year try to complete it first then apply for the posts which you are eligible then you have good number of chances of getting the job in railway because you can apply for the posts which asks only 10+2 and also for the posts which asks for the degree .
So, by the time you complete your btech. be through with the preparation and so that it will be very easy for you to write the exam after completion of your studies.
Good luck.
10th August 2013, 08:11 AM
john215

Re: How to get a job in Indian Railways? I am studying B.E Mechanical 3rd year

Dear friend,

I think you can get in to jobs in Indian railways only after you successfully complete B.Tech course.
You can apply for technical officer posts in railway department after B.Tech.
You can log in to official site of RRB and apply on that basis. Some of the posts that you can apply in railway department are section engineer, divisional engineer, project engineer etc.
If you qualify written exam, you need to attend personal interview.
After you can get job in Railway

Thanks!!!
all the best...............
10th August 2013, 04:43 PM
manava4
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to get a job in Indian Railways? I am studying B.E Mechanical final year
Hello,

The Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME) is a cadre of the Indian Government .

The recruitment to this cadre is done through two ways :

1]The Indian Engineering Services exam (IES)

2]The Special Class Railway Apprentice exam (SCRA)

Both the exams are conducted by UPSC.

As you are the student of final year of B.E Mechanical Engineering , you can apply for IES .

Eligibility for IES :

1] A candidate should be the citizen of India .

2] Age : 21 to 30 years
Age relaxation for categories other than General is applicable as per the Government Rules.

So , my friend you can get a job in Indian Railways by appearing for IES exam after your Degree.
14th January 2014, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

What are the different types of exam conducted by railways fof selection of engineers?
29th March 2014, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am in B.tech final year in mechanical branch, so what is the easy way to get job of an engineer in indian railway
5th June 2014, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m in B.tech final year from mechanical branch, how can i get job in railway.
5th March 2015, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.E mechanical final year student i want to know how to get job in indian railway what all jobs are there .what all exams i want to write.
23rd June 2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

job for mechanical engineering in railway department and what are the exams are in railway for mechanical engineering
30th June 2015, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

I am doing B.E ECE final year... What book should I prepare to write group A xam in railway.. And how to prepare??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?