30th December 2009, 04:51 PM
parasardar

how to get in merchant navy after 12th? where to get its forms and when?

sir can you please tell,when i will get merchant navy(TMI) FORMS AND FROM WHERE?
I AM JUST NOW IN CLASS 12TH FROM CBSE BOARD

Related Questions:
  1. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  2. Date of publish of Merchant Navy forms?
  3. Eligibility for Merchant Navy after 12th standard? Forms to be filled for the same?
  4. Where to get forms for Merchant Navy after passing 12th standard?
  5. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  6. how to get in merchant navy after 12th? where to get its forms and when?
  7. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  8. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  9. How can I join merchant navy after 12th?
  10. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  11. Date of sale of filling of Merchant Navy forms? List of institutes offering the course?
  12. How to take admission for Merchant Navy after completion of 12th class? Last date to submit the forms for this?
  13. Procedure to apply for merchant navy entrance exam? Date of availability of forms?
  14. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  15. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  16. Am I eligible for merchant navy after passing 12th?
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th without Science? Which course should I do to join Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  18. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
22nd January 2010, 02:16 AM
sumitkumarinmit

Default Re: how to get in merchant navy after 12th? where to get its forms and when?

you can get merchant navy form in any head post office ts chanakya offers admission through iit jee rank...........or else in mumbai you can get direct form for some private institute
22nd January 2010, 09:05 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: how to get in merchant navy after 12th? where to get its forms and when?

Merchant Navy a career in the Shipping Industry offers the chance of a unique and adventurous lifestyle packed with exciting career prospects. With the ocean as your backdrop and the most advanced and sophisticated ships in the world as your workplace, there really is nothing to compare with a life at sea. This programme of IGNOU has been developed in collaboration with the DGS and is aimed at orienting the cadets for the equivalent life at sea by providing vocationally oriented education and training so as to help them become officers in the Merchant Navy.

The application form can be taken by sending a demand draft for Rs. 500/- towards cost of IMCAT Prospectus, drawn in favor of Block-12, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
The application also can be downloaded from the IGNOU OPENNET - Merchant Navy Entrance Test official website.

The Selection of the Candidate is based on Personal interview and written admission test. The Selection of the candidate is also based on the rules and regulation of the IGNOU OPENNET - Merchant Navy Entrance Test.

best of luck
22nd January 2010, 09:36 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

You can join merchant navy as a deck cadet.Contact private shipping companies like:Orient Ocean Ship Management,New Delhi.I advise you to read Marex Bulletin(Mumbai) to gain more knowledge;it carries advertisements for vaccancy of deck cadets,GP Ratings,etc.Feel free to contact me at:09754406016.My e-mail:[email protected]
Source(s):
www.google.com
Times of India
23rd January 2010, 01:19 AM
edward
Top Answerer

for getting into merchant navy you have to give some exam conducted by many companies ,even UPSE also conduct exams,you can also apply for namac course for merchant navy conducted by indian navy in mumbai.
there are some more companies like tolani,angloeasten ,etc..
apply for the best one

best of luck
25th January 2010, 03:12 AM
priya143

hi,

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck). To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping).

Govt training Institutes : There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard :

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

these institutes generally take candidates on the basis of IIT-JEE score card.
2nd February 2010, 10:36 PM
raya

because there are many courses in merchant navy , you should browse through for IMU :

Emails to: [email protected]

Phone: (044) 24530343, 24530345
3rd February 2010, 01:33 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

you can surely apply for merchant navy course if you have PCM subjects in class 12 and along wit hthat you must have scored marks in aggregate and then you can apply for it by collecting forms from the nearby headpostofffice or from syndicate bank branches wahich wil cost you around Rs300/- and then apply for T.S.Chynakya & MERI institutes so best of luck for your future and wish you a great career in merchant navy ..byeee
3rd February 2010, 10:37 AM
Aishwary

You can get merchant navy(TMI) form from Head Post Office of your city.....
And for more detail of this exam you can visit its website www.nipm.tn.nic.in
3rd February 2010, 12:48 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

for getting admission in merchant navy navy its self conducted an examination,you have to appear for that examination.
however some organization also conduct exam for it.
for application form you should be regular contact with employment news.
3rd February 2010, 08:21 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

There is a very bright future in Merchant nevy.The application form can be taken by sending a demand draft for Rs. 500/- towards cost of IMCAT Prospectus, drawn in favor of Block-12, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
4th February 2010, 12:55 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

after giving your 12th board you can appear for different merchant navy exam organized by different companies every year.if you pass the exam then you will be called for interview and then for medical test,just clear all this and get into any of the shipping company you feel to go.
15th February 2010, 08:31 PM
athul.v.s.123

sir, will u tell me how i can join naval academy?
nw i completed my 12th in 2007-08
28th February 2010, 07:35 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend...
yes you can go for merchant navy..after 12th..
and if you want latest information about it than follow the employment news paper daily..
so
best of luck..
20th March 2010, 04:36 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

You can read employnment news for every weeks to check for merchant navy forums so many details given for this paper
21st March 2010, 10:30 AM
Manjeet124

Wait for the vacancies and then you can get merchant navy form in any head post office
21st March 2010, 12:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend, I will provide u with two options to join merchant navy

1. Merchant navy - U can enroll and study marine engg. or other courses approved by director general of shipping after 10+2 with maths, physics and chemistry. U can expect a neat pay packet of 1 lac and above per month.

2. U can become a commercial pilot and earn high salary of 2 lacs per month or become a aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) and earn salary of 1 lac per month. U can enroll for both the courses after 10+2 with maths and physics. There is a boom in the aviation industry in india, and presently there is an acute shortage of trained and experienced staff.With the above jobs u can easily give 1 lac rupees watch to your brother every month.
23rd March 2010, 09:24 PM
bush

from which date forms will be available at the post office.
24th March 2010, 04:27 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

friend
you will get all the details regarding merchant navy from
http://www.webindia123.com/career/options/merchant/data/eligibility.htm
all the best
25th March 2010, 12:20 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
the application form for the merchant navy comes through the employment news,
so read regular employments news,
and submit it on time.
you can also visit to the websites
www.webindia123.com
ok
25th March 2010, 02:21 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend
you can get the details on how to join the merchant navy and more from
www.indiaedu.com/career-courses/merchant-navy-courses/
good luck
31st March 2010, 01:00 PM
rajeshingarhwa

Dear friend,
for joiniing merchant navy after 12th, you get the information
from the website
www.webindia123.com.
www.fresherworld.com
Best of luck.
7th April 2010, 11:05 AM
krishna kant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkumarinmit View Post
you can get merchant navy form in any head post office ts chanakya offers admission through iit jee rank...........or else in mumbai you can get direct form for some private institute
i want to know list of syndicate branch from where ican get ts chankya form
22nd April 2010, 12:28 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

I have attached the Advertisement of "Admisson T.S.Chanakya" there you will find the List of Different branches of Syndicate Bank (Zone wise ) from where you will be able to get the Information Brouchure.

Kindly found the Attachment below.

Best of Luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dmet.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	183  
22nd April 2010, 06:48 PM
azim sharif

Hi friend you can do it from this link

www.merchantnavy.com
best of luck
26th April 2010, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

only 12th pass student can also take part in imu or not
and my next que is commerce syudent also or not with hindi sudject
27th April 2010, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

i want to join merachant navy...... but i dont hav given the test of jee iit....how can i get in merachant navy
28th April 2010, 02:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i want to join merachant navy...... but i dont hav given the test of jee iit....how can i get in merachant navy
Nothing to worry if you dont appeared for IITJEE, it is onle required to get admission into T.S.Chanakya or MERI or IIT like institutes.

However, if you want to opt for B.tech (Marine Engineering) then you can do so if you had appeared for entrance like- AIEEE,WBJEE,MH-CET etc.

If you want to opt for B.sc (Nautical science) then institutes also offers direct admission based on aggregate in PCM.At least 60% in each is required for it.

If you want to join as a DECK CADET. You can have to undergo 12 months of pre-sean training the minimum requirement is you have passed your class 12 (PCM) if you have scored at least 60% aggregate.Appearing candidates can also go for it.

Check out the list of institutes in below given link,where you can get admission based on class 12 result or direct admission or by appearing an entrance of institute itself.That institutes offers wide range of courses for joining Merchant Navy.

Check out here- What is the procedure to join merchant navy?

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
28th April 2010, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

what is exam dates
28th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

FROM WHERE I CAN GET THE FORM AND THE LAST DATE of submission of bsc nautical science
29th April 2010, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

can some body guide me from where I can get information about getting admissions in Merchant navy engg colleges. and dates to collect formsfor admissions.

Thanks in advance.
30th April 2010, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i m twelth paas student i m join to merchant navy any jobs.pleas u r my help.my name is ramakanth. my phone no. 9312267877. email [email protected]
30th April 2010, 05:58 PM
quddus

Hi friend...........

You can get the form from any head post office of your area where you lived and for more information search the site for merchant navy. Try your best for it.
All the best and thank you!
3rd May 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i m not so intelligent ...i got marks is 50% in boards...so is there any scope for me in merchant navy....mail me at
[email protected]
4th May 2010, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am in 12 with PCM and i will be appearing the board exam at this year. i want to choose the merchant navy as my carrer option.
i have nill information about merchant navy so mail me the all details and all the course which i have to do after the 12. i have heared
rabout HND nautial course,what is it? mail me all the course as well as the about entrance exam for the preparation after my board e
exam
well my name is
sandeep
and my e-mail address: [email protected]
i am hoping that u will mail me In copule of days.
i am geting all information earlier because to get prepared for entrance exam of merchant navy.
THANK YOU.
6th May 2010, 12:50 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
I am in 12 with PCM and i will be appearing the board exam at this year. i want to choose the merchant navy as my carrer option.
i have nill information about merchant navy so mail me the all details and all the course which i have to do after the 12. i have heared
rabout HND nautial course,what is it? mail me all the course as well as the about entrance exam for the preparation after my board e
exam
well my name is
sandeep
and my e-mail address: [email protected]
i am hoping that u will mail me In copule of days.
i am geting all information earlier because to get prepared for entrance exam of merchant navy.
THANK YOU.
There are several modes of entries into Merchant Navy.

Deck Cadet: you can join merchant navy as a deck cadet, after persuing a 12 months long Pre-Sea training in Merchant Navy, which is offered by numbers of Institutes in India.

Eligibility: Candidate must have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% including PCM.And must not attend the age of 23 years before the commencement of Training.You can expect 12,00-20,000/month in statrting.

As an Officer:
you can also join Merchant Navy as fifth or Trainee or Cadet officer, after completeing B.sc (Nautical science), which is offered by Numerous Institutes in India (IGNOU,MERI,TS Chanakya etc.).This will lead you to become the Captain of Ship after 5-7 years of Experiance. You can expect 20,000-40,000 in starting. Once you become Captain of the Ship/cruise you can demand anything between 2.5-4 Lacs per month in India.

Eligibility: Candidate must have passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% including PCM.And must not attend the age of 23 years.Admission to Reputed Institutes like- IGNOU,MERI,TS Chanakya etc. is based on Entrance.

As an Engineer:
You can also join Merchant Navy as a fifth or Trainee Engineer, after completeing B.tech (Marine Engineering), which is offered by numerous Institutes in India (MERI,TS Chanakya, IIT's, NIT's etc.). This will lead you to become the Chief Engineer of the ship in Merchant Navy after 5-7 years of relevant experiance. You can expect 20,000-40,000 in starting.Once you become Chief Engineer then you can demand anything between- 1.5-2.5 Lacs per month in India.

Eligibility: as same as for becoming an engineer. Like cracking IITJEE,AIEEE etc.

Direct Entry: Candidates who had done B.tech/BE (Mechanical, Electronics & Communication, Naval Architech) can join Merchant Navy directly after Persuing a 10 months Pre-sea training in Marine Engineering, which is offered by various Institutes in India and sometimes by Recruiting Company itself.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
9th May 2010, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir
can join merchant navy through commerce stream???
11th May 2010, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

which is best, as a deck cadet or as a engineer
12th May 2010, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

how to aplly after 12th science and where to get the forms, or course available
12th May 2010, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: how to get in merchant navy after 12th? where to get its forms and when?

fellas merchant navy sucks please do not wate ur n ur families lives there are many other options in life
12th May 2010, 11:15 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
good to hear that you have interest in merchant navy
you can go for it after 12th by giving upsc exam conducted by gov.
and you can get its application form from head postoffice
good luck
13th May 2010, 12:41 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasardar View Post
sir can you please tell,when i will get merchant navy(TMI) FORMS AND FROM WHERE?
I AM JUST NOW IN CLASS 12TH FROM CBSE BOARD
MERCHABT NAVY FORMS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AFTER 12TH OK U HAVE TO CLEAR THE CUT OFF LIST OF IIT JEE TO GOTTHE ADMISSION IN t.s chankya & ur score in iit jee should be 160 ok then u can join merchant navy or
there will be more private institutes ok u can go throgh it yaar or if u have a more problem then collect the form to a head post office ok
or go to stalls of forms it will tell u wen the form will coming out ok ............
19th May 2010, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy i have passed 10 2exam from biology stream
26th May 2010, 05:48 PM
kamal jeet singh

Default im 10+2 paas and i am join the merchant navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward View Post
for getting into merchant navy you have to give some exam conducted by many companies ,even UPSE also conduct exams,you can also apply for namac course for merchant navy conducted by indian navy in mumbai.
there are some more companies like tolani,angloeasten ,etc..
apply for the best one

best of luck
sir,
i am paas 1+2 and diploma in software technoly and system management.
27th May 2010, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

this is jind
i have passed xii in hotel management stream with 87.4% markes, and i want to join merchant navy .
can i join or not , please reply on,
[email protected]
27th May 2010, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

how much %age wants in PCM by merchant navy
30th May 2010, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

please give me full information about UPSC exam processure. And give me the list of private companies which helps the student.
30th May 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

i am passing 12th standard getting 66% in PCM and i am not qualify IIT-JEE examination, AIEEE examination & VITEEE examination. then please suggest me that now what i do? for join merchant navy. and please givew me details of reputed institues for doing any course for join merchent navy.
31st May 2010, 07:46 PM
Haresh V Nakum

Re:- How to get form Of Merchant Navy After 12th Commerce
my self Haresh Nakum , i have passed out my 12th currently and i am inteested in navy thats why what sholud i do for admission.
4th June 2010, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
after giving your 12th board you can appear for different merchant navy exam organized by different companies every year.if you pass the exam then you will be called for interview and then for medical test,just clear all this and get into any of the shipping company you feel to go.
i am 12 pass student.my subject is P.C.M how to apper in examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?