17th August 2013, 11:37 PM
johngadi

How to get through MBA after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering with 60%

Hi admin,

i'm john and i pursued b tech computer science engineering 60+ % , and i am interested in getting through MBA but i wanna do some new course which is not similar to others and which is new and worth for long please guide me
and i'm having interest in Finance and Hotel Management
hoping for best response as soon as possible ..

thanking you .

18th August 2013, 09:10 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get through MBA after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering with 60%

As far as I can understand, you want to do Master of Business Administration as the post graduation course perhaps in place of traditional recommendation after B.Tech which generally is Master of Technology.

Just like Bachelor of Technology, Master of Business Administration can also be pursued in various branches. Although I will not recommend Hotel Management to you. There are some other good specialization that you should consider.

Economics

Human Resources

Finance

Marketing

Information Technology

In between Hotel Management and Finance, I will recommend you to go with Finance stream. It has great scope in various sectors. Besides Finance is one of the courses offered by Indian Institutes of Management while Hotel Management is not.

Since you have completed B.Tech with 60 percent marks, there should be no issue regarding taking admission for the Master of Business Administration.

You can apply for the Common Admission Test. It is your ticket to admission in various reputed colleges. Most notable is Indian Institutes of Management, that also conducts this exam under a rotation policy.

CAT Eligibility

1. You should have a Bachelor's degree.

2. Minimum of 50 percent marks in it.

3. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST.

In addition to Common Admission Test, there are several other entrance exams that you can also consider. But I will recommend you to keep CAT as your first priority.

MAT

GMAT

XAT

JMET

KMAT

SNAP
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?