4th July 2010, 04:53 AM
AKSHAY THAKUR

How good is the placement in NIT Jamshedpur in production and industrial engineering?

please tell me that how good placement in nit jamshedpur in Production & Industrial Engineering or it is better to me to change the branch

Related Questions:
  1. Are IITs and NITs the same?
  2. Cutoff list of NIT colleges in department of production and industrial engineering?
  3. What is the scope for industrial production engineering? Which companies will come for placement
  4. In which NIT should i apply for M.Tech so as to get admission after scoring 534 in Production and Industrial Engineering?
  5. Which branch should I get in KIIT with a rank of 7706?
  6. Which are the AIEEE colleges that I can get after scoring greater than 3000 rank in AIEEE?
  7. Admission to NITs after rank of 3233 and score of 454? Suitable institutes?
  8. Can I pursue any marine courses after engineering? Can Industrial Production Engineering Students get into Marine Courses?
  9. What is the difference between Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering? Which one is better? -- [New]
  10. Rank required in AIEEE for seat in NITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I get admission in various NITs in production and industrial after scoring a GATE score of 381 and 33.81? What is the last year cutoff for production and industrial in NITs? I have scored 9838 rank in mechanical
  12. How can I get admission in NIT Jamshedpur?
  13. Correct rankings of colleges from AIEEE?
  14. Information about PSU's that accept GATE production score? I am a B.Tech production and industrial engineering student at DTU
  15. When the off-campus interview is scheduled by Accenture and Wipro for B.Tech(Industrial & Production Engineering) last semester student? List of companies offering job?
  16. How many seats are available in IIT for M.Tech in Industrial and Production engineering
  17. After BE in Industrial Production, M.Tech or MBA, what's more beneficial for career?
  18. Which NIT is good for production, chemical, biomedical?
16th January 2012, 12:08 AM
Sharma sujeet

Default Re: How good is the placement in NIT Jamshedpur in production and industrial engineering?

It is so good is the placement in NIT jamshedpur.and it has bright future

It is so good is the placement in NIT jamshedpur.and it has bright future
16th January 2012, 12:38 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How good is the placement in NIT Jamshedpur in production and industrial engineering?

The T&P department of the institute provides facilities to different companiesto conduct campus recruitment interview and written test for the final year students
The campus recruitment process typically starts from july and continues till may of the next year

The campus selection teams from various companies & organizations , which visited the campus , expressed their appreciation for teamwork and dedication of students

Placement details : 2010 (NIT Jamshedpur)

students
ECE(62)
CSE(60)
Machanical engg (71)
CE(48)
PE(18)
MCA(38)

Company Posts

IOCL -7

TATA STEEL -6

Ashok Leyland -4

Telcon -4

Mahindra -11

TRF Ltd -4

JUSCO-6

ISPAT industries-113

NTPC -88

TATA motors-5

Mu sigma -3

KEC-3

soma enterprise -2

JSL-4

Vedanta-203

Gammon India -3

Gati Infra -43

TCS-50

Samsung (SEL)-41

Arcelor Mittal -4

IBM -8

Tata tinplate -4

Jal-27

VISA ATEEL-23

TCE-33

L&T Limited -54

TVS motors-24

total no of students placed by any one company
16th January 2012, 12:53 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

See the NIT Jamshedpur is one of the best colleges among other NITs in India. A student passed from this institute must have a bright future.

It is good in all department and have approx 100% placement in every batch.

good luck.
16th January 2012, 08:14 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSHAY THAKUR View Post
please tell me that how good placement in nit jamshedpur in Production & Industrial Engineering or it is better to me to change the branch
NIT'S Provides always good placement as compared to others
so no need to worry

yes!!
scope of industrial production is less in even the NIT'S

So better to change branch
As compared to other branches this branch has still less scope in INDIA.

also,if you are having a good rank then there is no need to take this branch.better to either change your branch or take some other colleges of JHARKHAND

Hope you understand my point.......
16th January 2012, 04:08 PM
charanjot singh

dear,
NIT jamshedpur is among the best NIT's in INDIA and it gives 100% placement gaurantee

further the placement depends on your ranking in the college.
10th June 2012, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

production in nit jamshedpur or bit mesra?
28th June 2012, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Well, It dosent really matter what branch you takeup,what matters is the CGPA and ur luck during placements,Production is equivalent to Mech and i dont see any difference as i did my PE from NIT JSR,i would give a thumps up for placements but not for the infrastructure,Dont know anything about BIT Mesra,see recent placements to decide and compare,it is the opening break that matter
9th July 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

how is metallurgy and materials engineering branch in nit jamshedpur?please tell me which are the companies that hire metallurgy students with avg package offered?I have got 22000 air in aieee and state rank 748(jharkhand).can i get civil deptt or better branches in nit jamshedpur?
14th July 2012, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of production engineering in future?? what are the placements in this branch??
are the packages high or low??????
18th July 2012, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

My question iz my answer
28th July 2012, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I want 2 know about the scope in Metallurgy in Nit jsr
25th April 2013, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

How good is nit jamshedpur in mechanical engineering compared to bit mesra?
25th April 2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

How good is nit jamshedpur in mechanical engineering compared to bit mesra?
5th August 2013, 09:15 PM
shivam2k6

Quote:
Hi,

Production and Industrial Engineering Branch in NIT Jamshedpur has very good scope and several job opportunities.

The strength of this branch in NIT Jamshedpur is half of all other branches and hence overall placement is good.

All Mechanical related companies offers job to Production and Industrial Engineering students also and thus most of them get nice job offers.

Thank you.
7th August 2013, 05:32 PM
adityamm1990

Quote:
NIT jamshedpur is good for mechanical dept including production and industrial engg

jamshedpur has many industries such as
1.TATA steel
2.hindustan these companies prefer for taking NIT students
8th August 2013, 10:23 PM
john215

Re: How good is the placement in NIT Jamshedpur in production and industrial engineering?

Hi friend,

so no need to worry
yes
also,if you are having a good rank then there is no need to take this branch.

Thanks!!!
all the best................
8th August 2013, 10:24 PM
john215

Re: How good is the placement in NIT Jamshedpur in production and industrial engineering?

Hi friend,

so no need to worry
yes
also,if you are having a good rank then there is no need to take this branch.

Thanks!!!
all the best................
26th April 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

for my gate score 563 in 2014 which nit is better, when i want to join EC fields??
10th May 2014, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 156 and will get about 95% in board.i want to take electrical branch,which nit i would get????? Please help me
25th July 2014, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

what is the highest package in production and metallurgical enginering ?How good are these brances in nit jamshedpur?
9th June 2017, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

My age is 33 and I have done electrical ITI and now am a electrician, working in Saudi Arabia and am not getting a good salary,so that's why am thinking to Study again, I mean to get a higher education, to get a higher salary,so which is right One ,and what to do, please give me a good solution, thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?