1st September 2012, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

How to join Chennai Mathematical Institute? What should I do to prepare for it? Study material for it?

I want to join Chennai mathematical institute.

what should i do to prepare for it?

is there any study materials for it?

I know the examination is tough and all but i think that it will be a beautiful start for my career.

thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for Bank Exams? Names of recognized institutes for preparation for Banking course? From where to get the study material?
  2. Institutes for Phd in Applied Mathematics through GATE exam?
  3. Pattern and study material for preparation of UGC-NET(Mathematical Sciences)? -- [New]
  4. Which institute is preferable, either Chennai mathematical Institute, Institute of Mathematical sciences(Chennai), Mehta research institute or Tata institute of fundamental research(Mumbai)?
  5. Study materials and tutorials in Jaipur for NET in Mathematical Sciences?
  6. How to get the study material for GATE exam?
  7. What to do after 12th?
  8. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Where can I get the study material?
  9. Is it possible to do ph.d after MCA ?
  10. Is Aerospace Engineering branch available in JNTU Kakinada? What is the fee structure per year? Can I get a seat with 97%?
  11. How much percentage is needed to join in institute of advanced study in education, Saidapat Chennai?
  12. Where to get the Study material for botany and zoology
  13. Where to get the Bank PO study material? Is it compulsory to join a coaching institute?
  14. Books and study material to prepare for IIMC?
  15. Study material and faculties of Akash IIT JEE? Can I crack IIT JEE using their study material?
  16. How to start preparation for CAT Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam? Where to get study material for this Exam? Which is the best Coaching Institute for this Exam?
  17. From where to get GATE study material? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Universities offering Ph.D in Mathematics? Contact details of it?
6th April 2017, 10:12 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join Chennai Mathematical Institute? What should I do to prepare for it? Study material for it?

Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) is the excellence centre for teaching and research in mathematical science. Here, Syllabus of entrance exam and preparation material is given below for B.Sc and M.Sc courses.

CMI Offer Courses
- B.Sc In Maths
- M.Sc In Maths
- M.Sc In Computer Science
- M.Sc In Application of Maths
- Ph.D In Maths
- Ph.D In Computer Science
- Ph.D In Physics

For B.Sc (Maths) Admission

Prepare Topics For Entrance
Algorithms, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Algebra

Preparation Material
- Algebra by H.S.Hall, S.R.Knight
- Mathematical Circles by D.Formin, S.Gelkin and I.Itenberg
- Mathematics by M.R.Modak, S.A.Katre and V.V.Acharya

For M.Sc/Ph.D (Maths) Admission

Prepare Topics For Entrance
Discrete Mathematics, Probability, Automata Theory, Algorithms, Data Structure, Graph, Algorithmic Techniques, Logic

Preparation Material
- Graph Theory by Frank Harary
- Algorithm Design by John Kleinberg & Eva Tardos
- Introduction to Automata, Language and Computation by John Hopcroft, Jeffrey D.Ullman
- Elements of Discrete Maths by C.Liu

CMI Important Dates
- Start Date of Online Application : 08/03/2017
- Last Date of Application : 07/04/2017
- Admit Card Availability : 01/05/2017
- Entrance Exam : 18/05/2017
- Result Declaration : 20/06/2017
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?