24th April 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

How to start preparation for CAT Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam? Where to get study material for this Exam? Which is the best Coaching Institute for this Exam?

I want to know what should be the strategy to crack CAT-common admission test.
I want some tips and how to start the preparation.
How and from where to collect the study material?
And my last question is how to know which coaching is best and which should I
join in allahabad.If u could search and inform me.
Thanks a lot.

26th April 2012, 11:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for CAT Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam? Where to get study material for this Exam? Which is the best Coaching Institute for this Exam?

Better time management is essential to clear CAT exam. Try to attend maximum number of questions with in the stipulated time frame. However, you must ensure that you have attended minimum number of questions correctly in each section to cross cut off limit. It is better to start your preparation from basic topics in each section, so that you may find it easy to learn. Reference books on CAT preparation can be collected from the nearby bookstores. You can also collect study materials and previous year’s questions from various education web portals. Some of the best coaching institutes where you can join are TIME, IMS, Career Launcher, Professional Tutorials etc.
1st May 2012, 03:04 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to start preparation for CAT Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam? Where to get study material for this Exam? Which is the best Coaching Institute for this Exam?

i m a house wife but completed my B.tech in 2012.I have lot of interest to write CATexam,can this
be possible for me to get into it by preparing for it from home.
10th June 2012, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

which books one should follow for the preparation of CAT?
list of institutes from where one could collect study materials?
13th June 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

CAT EXAM IS USEFUL FOR CSE STUDENTS?????????????
22nd June 2012, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

yes it is useful for anyone from any backgroung.
29th June 2012, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i want to know can i apply for CAT exam after passing graduation 2nd year on entering in final year
15th July 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

which one is better time or career launcher?
11th August 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Iam b.tech 3rd year .how to start my preparation?
7th September 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I am BBM 1st year How to prepare for CAT exam? How may I get study materials online?
15th September 2012, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a house wife but completed my B.tech in 2012.I have lot of interest to write CATexam,can this
Yes its possible just start and continue...
20th September 2012, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

I am working professional and did btech in 2004,Now I want to prepare for CAT.Can this will give growth in my professional career and will this is recommended
20th September 2012, 08:02 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

CAT:
common admission test

eligibility for cat:

--you must hold bachelor's degree with at least 50 % aggregate

--if you belong to sc/st/obc /ph or any other reserved category then
you have to score at least 45 % aggregate

--if you are in final year then also you can apply

RESERVATION:

SC:15%

ST:7AND 1/2%

non-obc:27 %

DA:3%

FOR CAT PREPARATION DETAILS VISIT:

http://http://www.minglebox.com/onli...n/cat-mba-exam

good luck
20th September 2012, 11:55 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Thanks a lot.
Top CAT Coaching Institutes In India:-
  • IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
  • Career Launcher
  • Ascent Education
  • Career Forum
  • Engineers Study Circle
  • Expert Educare Pvt. Ltd.
  • Future Propel
  • PRIME Tutor
  • Roots Education
  • T.I.M.E.

List Of Books To Follow:-

CAT Common Admission Test: Mastering the Verbal Ability
by Ajay Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Face 2 Face CAT Common Admission Test: 19 Years' (1993-2011) Topic-wise Authentic and Complete Solutions
by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
Publisher: Arihant Publications

How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

Study package for the CAT Online
by Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.

Target New CAT - Past Papers (2005 - 2010) + 5 Mock Tests
by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

Study Package for the CAT Online (With CD)
by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

An Introduction To The CAT: Tips From An IIM Alumnus
by Sidharth Balakrishana
Publisher: Pearson

To score well it is important to know the exam pattern properly. So i am attaching some question papers for you over here. Download them and go through them properly to know more about the areas to stress on. Hopefully you will do well.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2005.pdf(365.2 KB, 226 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2006.pdf(345.0 KB, 402 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2007.pdf(372.6 KB, 193 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2004.pdf(457.0 KB, 574 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-PreviousPaper-2003.pdf(640.0 KB, 231 views)
10th October 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

i am a average student pursuing btech in computers.presently i am in 3rd year and want to do mba. am i late to start my prepration for cat.kindly help me and me the exact idea for how to start.also tell the books so that i can start from the very basic.thank you
30th October 2012, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

sir iam intrested to coaching for CAT but i don`t know good coaching centers at hyderabad sir please tell me where is good coaching centre and how can i prepare for CAT longterm or shortterm?
my mail id : [email protected]
31st October 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed my engineering from mechanical branch in 2010 batch.now i am working in bhushan steel .TILL now i having 2.3 year experience and i want to do executive m.b.a on regular basis from some of good colleges where placement is defiantly confirmed .so plz suggest me how i will prepare for executive m.b.a and from today its self i will start preparing for m.b.a & according to u how much time i will need ,for getting some one of good college for executive m.b.a. and tell me also its is good or not doing executive m.b.a after having some experience .
6th November 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi...
I am an ECE 2009 graduate and have 3.5 yrs of exp. in Telecom, want to prepare for CAT devotedly, which is the best institute for preparation in Lucknow... TIME, Career Launcher or IMS??????? please revert me soon... [email protected]
12th January 2013, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

re: how to start preperation for CAT exam?

hai....
sir i am average student. but interest for study in IIM. so how to i preper the exam.
2nd February 2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

I am bba student in 4th sem.... I want to prepare a cat exam... how to prepare a exam........
8th February 2013, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Ya mam you can prepare for this being in home. What i suggest u is :
1) Join a good postal coaching.
2) Finish the study material in a span of 3 months if possible.
3) Attend online classes offered by the coaching institute being in home.
4) Than later practice questions from model CAT papers to improve ur Percentile
8th February 2013, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to start preparation for CAT Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam? Where to get study material for this Exam? Which is the best Coaching Institute for this Exam?

Quote:

Ya mam you can prepare for this being in home. What i suggest u is :

All the best
5th June 2013, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR ,i have a query. i am currently doing a part time job and don't have enough time to join some institute for proper preparation of CAT. so i need some good online tutor's for studies. i have found this online course during my online search " http://www.wiziq.com/course/9277-lr-vr-di-ds-speed-calculations-quant-general-awareness".
kindly guide me about the above tutorials . are they good enough??? or if you have any other online tutorial link then kindly post it in the thread.
thank you
12th June 2013, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

i want to know can i apply for CAT exam after passing graduation 2nd year on entering in final year ?
15th July 2013, 10:07 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

FORMAT OF CAT

Q.1) I hear that CAT will be held online. Is that correct?

Ans. CAT is a computer-based test (CBT) and not an Internet-based test (IBT) i.e. a candidate does not take the test on an Internet site. Instead of reading the questions in a paper booklet and darkening the ovals on the answer-sheet, a candidate will read the questions on a computer terminal and choose an answer by clicking on the correct option.

Q.2) How is the computer-based format different from the paper-based format?

Ans. The format of the test is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.

Q.3) Can I take the test from any computer?

Ans. No. A candidate will have to test on a pre-assigned workstation and will not have a choice to choose his or her workstation, in the testing venue chosen by him/her during the time of registration.

Q.4) What does a CBT test looks like?

Ans. A CAT practice test is available on the website www.catiim.in for candidates to get familiarised with the functionality and navigation of the actual test.

TEST DURATION & PATTERN

Q.1) How many sections are there in the test?

Ans. There will be two separately timed sections in the test. The sections are (a) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (b) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

Q.2) How many questions are there in each of these sections?

Ans. There will be 30 questions in each section.

Q.3) Can I move back and forth between the two sections?

Ans. No, each section will be timed separately. Once a section ends, candidates can no longer go back to it.

Q.4) Can I choose which section to attempt first?

Ans. No, candidates will be presented with the section on Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation first, followed by Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

Q.5) How will the separately timed sections work?

Ans. There will be an on-screen timer counting down from 1 hour 10 mins (i.e. 70 minutes) once a section begins. When the time is up, that section will end and you will not be able to go back to it. The second section will then begin and the on-screen timer will start counting down from 1 hour 10 minutes again. Once the second section ends, the test will end.

Q.6) Can I start on the second section if I finish the first section before the 70 minutes are up?

Ans. No, you will not have the ability to end the first section before the first 70 minutes are up. However, you will be given an option to end the second section, and therefore your test, before the second 70 minutes are up. If you choose to end your test before the full duration is up, you will be required to wait at your testing station until everyone is dismissed by the test administrator.

Q.7) What is the duration of the test?

Ans. Each of the sections will be 1 hour and 10 minutes (i.e. 70 minutes). Including a 15-minute tutorial before the start of the test which candidates are advised to go through, the total duration of the test will be 2 hours and 35 minutes.

Q.8) What is the tutorial?

Ans. The tutorial provides a series of screens that will orient you to the computer-based CAT. This will give you an opportunity to try the various features, including how to navigate between questions in a section, review questions, etc. The tutorial has a total duration of 15 minutes and candidates are advised to go through it entirely before starting the actual exam sections. For a similar preview, candidates can take a tour of the CAT 2012 Practice Test which will be available on www.catiim.in

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
16th July 2013, 01:04 AM
tapuda

you can prepare for this being in home. What i suggest u is :
19th July 2013, 01:28 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

CAT - Common Admission Test.

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
27th July 2013, 02:04 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

CAT preparation takes about 1 year.
The best way to prepare is to join any good coaching institute in your area

If you want to start your preparation on your own you can follow the following books

- R S Agarwal
- ARun Sharma
- Arihant Publication

you should join any good coaching to cover all the syllabus on time.
Coaching will help you with all kind of your doubts.

Once you have done your preparation or all your concepts are ready, you should try to solve as many mock papers as possible to increase your timing and confidence.

All the best
12th May 2014, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to prepare for CAT but i want to know basic knowledge about study materials sir pls give me some book names which give me basic knowledge
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?