13th July 2011, 08:51 AM
Rajdp007

How to join merchant navy after 10+2?

Sir, I am pusuing my b.tech in electronics and communicatio. Now i am in 2nd year and i want to join merchant navy. Kindly can you tell me how can i join merchant navy navy now or after completion of my b.tech?

13th July 2011, 04:54 PM
sumit 1989

Default Re: How to join merchant navy after 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajdp007 View Post
Sir, I am pusuing my b.tech in electronics and communicatio. Now i am in 2nd year and i want to join merchant navy. Kindly can you tell me how can i join merchant navy navy now or after completion of my b.tech?
Hi, you can join merchant navy if you have passed BSc nautical science or BTech in nautical science which is also called marine engineering. So if you are so keen on joining it, go for those courses.
You can join the Indian Navy if you wish to, but you have to appear for CDS for that.
Best of luck. Feel free to ask if doubts remain.
13th July 2011, 05:21 PM
top1

Smile Re: How to join merchant navy after 10+2?

you can join navy by university entry scheme in prefinal year
and also you can give test now on 12th basis also
thank you
13th July 2011, 06:56 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Merchant Navy !!!

Quote:
Age Limits :- Unmarried Male and Female and age should not be More than 20 years but for SC/ST it has been relaxed to 5 Years.

Academic Qualifications :-
10+2 Class or Equivalent with Chemistry , Maths and Physics as Subjects.

Equivalent Examination includes CBSE , ICSE , State Boards

As you have Completed 12 and if your Subjects were PCM then you are Eligible for joining Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadets.

More Information :-

Selection is based on JEE Examination conducted by IIT a merit list is prepared after the written test and interview are completed and the Director General of Shipping has the authority to chose which of the 2 training programmes the candidate is best suited for (students can let their preference be known) Both the T.S. Chanakya and MERI institutions do help (under no Government obligations) in recruiting their graduates in suitable Indian Shipping Companies.

Physical Requirements

Candidates who apply for Merchant Navy should be physically and mentally fit. The Navigators are required to have a perfect eyesight, though marine engineers can wear spectacles for eyesight up to plus/ minus 2.5.

Colour blind people need not apply. The candidate must be immune to sea sickness.& Candidate must have height not less than 150cm, weight should be according to the height.
13th July 2011, 07:56 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Hello sir
yes you can join merchant navy easily after completing your b.tech in tShiksha Counselors a year ago Hi, The Merchant navy comprise s Engineers, Radio Officers an d Navigators with specialized marine training. Placement can be through private companies or Government. Normally studen ts join merchant navy after 10 +2 , but you can also join afte r engineering by doing one yea r Mariner Course. There are fo ur Government Training Institu tes providing Pre-Sea and Post -Sea training of international standard: Training Ship Chana kya, Navi Mumbai, Marine Engin eering & Research Institute (M ERI), Kolkata, Marine Engineer ing & Research Institute (MERI ), Mumbai, Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai. The nodal agency for the marit ime studies in India is Indian Institute of Maritime Studies http://iims.dgshipping.com/. You can get more details on i ts website. Another option is applying directly to private c ompanies like Great Eastern Sh ipping, Essar Shipping, Pelica n Marine, G.N.P. Cruise Servic es, SESA Goa, Five Star Shippi ng, Barbers etc. They advertis e regularly on newspapers and also on their websites. You ca n also apply directly to compa nies through the Careers secti on of their official websites. All the Best!
13th July 2011, 09:13 PM
Uttam Nandi

Dear friend,
You are now persuing B.Tech in electronics & communication. Keeping this in mind I would like to suggest that you should not think much about joining merchant navy. You should concentrate on what options you have after persuing B.Tech in ECE. If you want govt. Job you can start preparing for IES exam conducted by upsc.
Why am I saying this..?? Let me clear. There is no direct way to get into merchant navy. You must take pre sea courses. To join navy you were required to choose either marine engineering or mechanical engineering for your b.tech degree. After mechanical engineering, you could take 1 year pre sea course offered by different training institutes like MERI (Mumbai & Kolkata), Training ship chanakya, Mumbai.
So, if you choose to join merchant navy you either have to switch to marine or mechanical engineering or you can leave engineering and join 3 years course in Nautical science. Another option which is open to you is to do a 3 months course for deck cadet with 10+2 qualification.
All the Best
14th July 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join merchant navy after 10 2?

how can i joint indian navy
15th July 2011, 01:24 AM
sumit 1989

Quote:
Hi, you should have better applied after 10+2 for joining merchant navy course i.e. Bachelor in Nautical sciences. Offered by T.S CHANAKYA and other private institutes like Tolani maritime institute.

now i am afraid you have exceeded age limit to join.

Best of luck. Feel free to ask if doubts remain.
19th July 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Hey, i am in class 12th currently and intend to join Merchant Navy after 10 2.
Can you please help me with the procedure? I want to join it directly after 2?
What are my options?

Priyansh
12th November 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

hello,i just want to know that i am studying in 2 final year with physics,chemistry,mathematics,biology and english as my main subjects.so what should i do to join merchant navy?
15th November 2011, 11:34 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
You are now persuing B.Tech in electronics & communication. Keeping this in mind I would like to suggest that you should not think much about joining merchant navy. You should concentrate on what options you have after persuing B.Tech in ECE. If you want govt. Job you can start preparing for IES exam conducted by upsc.
Why am I saying this..?? Let me clear. There is no direct way to get into merchant navy. You must take pre sea courses. To join navy you were required to choose either marine engineering or mechanical engineering for your b.tech degree. After mechanical engineering, you could take 1 year pre sea course offered by different training institutes like MERI (Mumbai & Kolkata), Training ship chanakya, Mumbai.
So, if you choose to join merchant navy you either have to switch to marine or mechanical engineering or you can leave engineering and join 3 years course in Nautical science. Another option which is open to you is to do a 3 months course for deck cadet with 10+2 qualification.
All the Best
28th November 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to join merchant navy after 10+2?

Quote:
Yes you can join merchant navy right after 10th from Siroi Maritime Academy of Merchant Navy. Myself Faiz Jafri from Lucknow. I did training from Siroi and now i am sailing in Bosmar Shippind Ltd in turkey. My Vessal Name is M/V Barbunya.My salary is 565 US dollar as a starting. I joined the Ship on 19 November 2011. I am sailing successfully. YOu can visit the website www.merchantnavyssm.com and fill the online form or call on the number 8954240529
28th November 2011, 10:37 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can join in NAVY after completion of 12th through NDA exam.
The exam is conducted by UPSC twice in every year.

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For NAVY wing:-
1.Candidate must have complete the 12th in science stream with 60% aggregate.

2.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

3.Candidate must be physically fit.

4.Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill..

All the best.
27th December 2011, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

sir,Iam student of B.Tech first year in E.C.E. stream ,now i want to join Merchant Navy how can i go for it
27th December 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

sir, Iam student of E.C.E.first year but now i want to join Merchant Navy ,how can i go for it
9th February 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

(1) how meny mark should be get in (pcm)? (2)any problem from gogles off eyes ?
11th March 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi.... my name is rohit singh. i am doing b.tech in marine engg from merchant navy college.
so i\it is bettr for u to join merchant navy after doing b.tech u can joine GME (GRAJUATE MARINE ENGG)
15th March 2012, 10:04 PM
Dexter_Morgan

hello,
Eligibility criteria to join merchat navy is
1) have done 12th
2) have socred not less than 60% (it can't be 59.8 or any other percentage)
3) have PCM in 12th
4) age limit should be between 18 to 23
so sorry you are not eligible for this as you have not scored 60% in PCM as
well as 12th
so go ahead with indian navy by doing CSD
all the best for your future
24th March 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone leave after 5-6 years? If there is some problems or any other miss happening?
24th March 2012, 11:32 PM
Denny_Crane

dear friend ,you should have mentioned the type of entry through which you want to join navy. There are mainly two types of entries, officer entry and sailor entry.
So whatever is your choice ,you can find the details of that from the official website of Indian Navy . Just follow the link given and check http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in/
thank you. best wishes.
31st March 2012, 11:21 PM
poole

Eligibility

-->One can also join as the Deck Cadet by completing 10+2 with physics,chemistry and Mathematic and Train on the Job for Three years

Institute Offering Merchant Navy Courses in India

-->Training Ship Chanakya(T.K Chanakya) karaus,Navi Mumbai

-->Marian Engineering Research Institute ,Kolkata

-->Marian Engineering and Research Institute Mumbai

-->Director General of Shipping Mumbai

All the Best
1st April 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Is qualifying iit jee compulsory to take admission in maritime university? then for what imu cet is held ? please give me this information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?