10th December 2011, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?

I have done B.Tech in computer science,, now i want to spend rest of my life in merchant navy.. please help me and kindly tell me how to join merchant navy..

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  2. How to join navy after passing B.Tech in computer science? Information regarding the jobs in Indian/Merchant Navy?
  3. How can I join Merchant Navy after doing B.E in computer science
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  7. What are the ways to join Merchant navy after completion of degree? I am a BSc final year student of computer science
  8. How to join Merchant Navy after completing BSc in computer science
  9. Is it possible to join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?
  10. Procedure to Get Into Merchant Navy after BTech?
  11. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  12. Can I join Merchant Navy directly after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Procedure to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech with CSE?
  14. Can a Btech ECE join Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after passing computer science and engineering? Procedure to take admission?
  16. Can I join merchant navy after completing BSc computer science?
  17. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  18. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
12th December 2011, 05:49 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done B.Tech in computer science,, now i want to spend rest of my life in merchant navy.. please help me and kindly tell me how to join merchant navy..
There are two possible ways to get into merchant navy for candidates belonging to science/engineering background.
You can either join merchant navy as an fifth engineer or you may join as deck cadet. Most of the companies, for their merchant ship, like to recruit candidates who have done their engineering in civil, mechanical. electrical or information technology however, to join as an deck cadet, qualifying +2 with physics, chemistry and maths is enough.
Apart from having these academic qualification, you have to go through pre-sea courses applicable for both deck cadets and engineers. The pre-sea training for deck cadets is usually sponsored by the recruiting company wheras, the pre-sea course for engineers is not.
12th December 2011, 08:10 PM
sandeep cullen

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?

you cant join merchant navy without any course in marine engineering, so you can do your post graduation in marine engineering and join the merchant navy,
There are numerous colleges in our country that provide students with postgraduate programs in marine engineering. Some of the courses are:
M.E Marine Engineering
Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering
M.Sc Marine Engineering
M.Sc Coastal and Marine Engineering and Management
M.Sc Marine Studies and Costal Resource Management and Higher National Diploma in Marine Engineering
After finishing the PG course in marine engineering, a candidate can find jobs with many leading firms. Primarily they can get employed with The Indian Merchant Navy. The Merchant Navy mainly includes passenger vehicles, tankers, oil carriers and liners in addition to other kinds of specialized ships. These Navy ships are operated either by the government or the Private sector. The candidates can choose and join a ship of their choice. At the initial stage, a candidate can join as a Junior Engineer with a salary of Rs.25, 000 - Rs.30, 000 a month. Following graduation, the candidate can be employed in a naval ship as a third assistant engineer or a fourth engineer. They will have a salary of Rs. 40,000-Rs.60, 000 each month. Furthermore, it is possible for marine engineers to find employment in diverse fields like consulting, designing, education, research as well as training in the allied field.
10th July 2012, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after doing btech in cse as an engineer....please reply fast at [email protected]
9th October 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after doing b.tech in computer science............please reply me at [email protected]
9th January 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

whats the procedure 4 joining d merchant navy after completing b-tech
18th February 2013, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

may i join merchnt navy after b.tech in electronics & communication.
2nd July 2013, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

what kind of work do computer engineer in navy...................................??????????? ??????????? & ho
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?