11th June 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

How to make a career in NDA? I am studying diploma in engineering

dear sir, i am studying in diploma in engg.i have need to career in nda so,sir please give me all information about nda thanks please fast answer sir

13th June 2012, 07:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to make a career in NDA? I am studying diploma in engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir, i am studying in diploma in engg.i have need to career in nda so,sir please give me all information about nda thanks please fast answer sir
Hey friend,

You can make a career in NDA by studying diploma as you satisfy the education qualification needed for the exam.

The education qualification needed for the NDA exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education.

As you have said that you are a diploma student which has the same value of that of a +2 so you are eligible for the exam as regarding that.

There are certain other qualification which you need to possess in order to apply for the NDA Exam to join in defence.

The NDA exam is conducted for candidates to join in defence forces of India such as:

> Indian Army
> Indian Navy
> Indian Air Force

To join in Indian Navy and Air Force you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subject but that is not a issue for you as you are doing Diploma in Engineering which obtains those subjects needed.

Apart from that you need to be a citizen of India.There is Martial status which is needed to be satisfied by the candidate who is wishing to apply for the exam and it is that the candidate must be a unmarried male candidate.

The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years.

Apart from all this the main thing which is needed is that the candidate must be physically fit while appearing for the NDA Exam.

If you are satisfying all these criteria's needed along with the education qualification,then you can apply for the NDA Exam.

You can apply for the exam by:

> Online
> Offline

For more information regarding the exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
13th June 2012, 09:58 PM
guruvana244

Default Re: How to make a career in NDA? I am studying diploma in engineering

National Defence Academy Examination - Eligibility

Marital Status and gender: Unmarried male candidates

Educational Qualification:
(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Nationality - A candidate must be either
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India).
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. However, the certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Physical Fitness:
Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards.

For more details, please refer to
www.upsc.gov.in
13th June 2012, 10:15 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

It is very good to take interest to make NDA as your career which can be made as your career being a student of Diploma Engineering.

UPSC conducts NDA(National Defence Academy) exam twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

To be eligible for NDA you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate having either appear for the final 12th or equivalent exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The Diploma in Engineering is equivalent to 12th standard hence you will be eligible for NDA after completion of the same.

The candidate wishing to join Indian Navy or Air Force wing of NDA should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th or equivalent standard.

The NDA can only be applied through on line bu paying Rs.50.00 as exam fee for General candidate which is exempted for SC/ST category candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th June 2012, 10:19 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

It is very good to take interest to make NDA as your career which can be made as your career being a student of Diploma Engineering.

UPSC conducts NDA(National Defence Academy) exam twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

To be eligible for NDA you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate having either appear for the final 12th or equivalent exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The Diploma in Engineering is equivalent to 12th standard hence you will be eligible for NDA after completion of the same.

The candidate wishing to join Indian Navy or Air Force wing of NDA should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th or equivalent standard.

The NDA can only be applied through on line bu paying Rs.50.00 as exam fee for General candidate which is exempted for SC/ST category candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th June 2012, 02:23 AM
mnbgvs

Thumbs up Re: How to make a career in NDA? I am studying diploma in engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

After 12th standard you are eligible for NDA exam .But you have to fulfill the below criteria.

Educational Qualification:

(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years

PHYSICAL STANDARD FOR NDA EXAM

IMPORTANT DATES

LAST DATE OF APLICATION; JUNE 4TH 2012

EXAMINATION DATE; AUGUST 19th 2012.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
14th June 2012, 10:42 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Yes you cannot sit for the NDA entrance exam as the main eligibility criteria is that you need to be a 12 pass out and your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

Exam pattern:-
paper i is mathematics of 300 marks
paper ii is the general ability divided into two parts:-
part A is english of 200 marks
part B is general knowledge of 400 marks
so total 900 marks

Then there is the interview session which will yield you more marks

For more information you can log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
28th December 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is srinivas and iam studying civil diploma second year in ICE (institute of civil engineers) board. it is an technical education. Iam interest to join NDA. can i eligible to join in NDA after my diploma and my age is 16 1/2 now means 17 running . And can i change my branch in engineering in NDA ....please answer sir...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?