31st May 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

How to make my career in CA after scoring 68% in 12th class?

I have got 68% in 12th class n want to know to make a career in C
A but I am little bit confuse so plz suggest me a best profession??

Related Questions:
31st May 2013, 08:46 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to make my career in CA after scoring 68% in 12th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 68% in 12th class n want to know to make a career in C
A but I am little bit confuse so plz suggest me a best profession??
Those candidates who have passed in Class 10th will be eligible to Register for CA Course but they will not be eligible to write the CA-CPT Exam.Only those candidates who has passed the class 12th Exam will only be eligible to write CA-CPT Exam.

As you have completed your 12th Exam you should register yourself for CA-CPT Exam for completing First Phase of CA Course.

Total fee structure of this course is as follows :-
  • Cost of CPT Prospectus - Rs 100.
  • Cost of Registration Fee - Rs 6000.
  • CPT Exam Fee - Rs 400.
  • Subscription for Students Journal - Rs 200.
  • Subscription for Members Journal - Rs 400.
There are three level of courses which you will have to complete for getting final degree of CA(Charted Accountant) :-
  • Entry Level Test :- Common Proficiency Test(CPT).
  • First stage of Theoretical Education :- Professional Competence Course.
  • Final stage of Theoretical Education :- Final Course.
For Admission Registration -->> Click-Here .

31st May 2013, 09:07 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Hello,

It is good to hear that you want to do CA or chartered accountancy. Let me tell you that for CA you will have to clear an entrance examination called the CPT. CPT is also known as the common proficiency test.
This is held by the organization of ICAI. Now if you are from 12th standard(which you are) then there is no restriction for marks as such. You just need to pass out your 12th and opt for the CPT examination.
The entire test is of 200 marks and is divided into four parts, the first part having Mercantile Law and Accounting. The second part has the rest of the two subjects constituting the CPT test, which are Quantitative Aptitude and general economics. The question pattern is of objective type and it will not be good if you depend on a lot of answers by guess work. This will negate your marks back. You need to clear this CPT test with more than 50% marks to be eligible for the CA course. Remember the CA course is a very tough one. This has a total time limit of 5 years. Within that you must definitely clear it to be a chartered accountant.
31st May 2013, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Hi!
No Matter How many marks u have in 12th . U can choose CA to make ur career Its very good Option But requires very hard work and regularity in study...

U have to clear CPT(Entrance test) first of all. Thenafter u can proceed ahead For IPCC level..
31st May 2013, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Plase tell me about after complete graduation ,..what is the procedure of taking admission in law .top law government college in India...
31st May 2013, 01:49 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Chartered Accountancy is a good course and since you have completed 12th, it is possible to pursue it. However its a long course which would easily take 4 years to complete.

If you are interested in Chartered Accountancy then please go ahead with the course. However if you are not and only want to study course which is secure your future then there are other options to consider as well.

Since you haven't mentioned the subjects in 12th, it would be little difficult to point out good courses for you. If you have completed 12th with PCM then Engineering is a good course. Bio students can pursue MBBS or BDS as well.

In case you want to do Chartered Accountancy then firstly you will have to clear Common Proficiency Test. It is often regarded as the first stage of the Chartered Accountancy course.

It is mandatory for the 12th pass students to clear this test. However graduates are given exemption if they meets the criteria. You must score 30 percent marks in each of two groups of Common Proficiency Test. There are two subjects in each group.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Unable to clear this exam would mean that you can't take admission for the second stage known as Integrated Professional Competancy Course. Therefore it is important to be able to clear Common Proficiency Test.

This test is conducted in June and December. Anyone who has completed 10th can register however only those who have passed 12th can appear for the exam.

After clearing you must take admission for IPCC. Following the 9 months of course you can give the first group exam. After which you will apply for the 3 years long articleship during which second group of IPCC has to be cleared.

When the articleship of only 6 months is left, you can appear for final examination to clear the Chartered Accountancy course.
31st May 2013, 03:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Chartered Accountancy is one of the best career options if you are interested in it.

You can apply for CPT if you are 12th pass and after qualifying CPT you will be eligible for registration into CA IPCC.

CPT is Common Proficiency Test and you have to score atleast 50% marks in it to qualify it.

CPT will have Objective Type questions related to following subjects:

-Accounting

-Mercantile Law

-General Economics

-Quantitative Aptitude

The examination will have two sessions and you have to appear for two papers.

If you are a Commerce students then you will be familiar with these subjects but if you are non commerce student then you have to study a lot to get use to these subjects.

After CPT you have to pass CA IPCC and CA Final to become a registered Chartered Accountant.

There are other options also for your other than CA which are as follows:

-B.Com.

-BBA

-BA LLB

-Fashion Designing

-Hotel Management

In every course you have to appear for entrance examination for admission into top colleges.
31st May 2013, 04:40 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

career in CA is highly challenging and rewarding. Aspirants should have excellent analytical skill . There is maximum career growth in this field and one will get utmost level of job satisfaction and remuneration in this field.

CAs also perform functions under special positions such as directorships of companies, arbitrators for settling disputes, handling work related to insolvency, bankruptcy, etc.

To Become CA you have to apply for CPT exam. CPT is the entrance exam for CA. Institute of Chartered Accountants of India conducts CPT exam.

Eligibility Criteria for CPT exam :

All those candidates who have passed their 10th class can registered with a ICAI institute .After passing class 12th you can appear for the CPT exam.

Syllabus of the CPT examination :

Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
Section B: Mercantile Law (40 Marks)
Section C: General Economics (50 Marks)
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)

For more information visit official website-
www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?