21st August 2012, 10:57 AM
suraj chopda

Career scope for me in Defence Services being a candidate having completed 12th Class with Commerce?

sir, I am 12th passed commerce student and I want make my career in deffece, so what are the scopes for me in deffece or NDA

21st August 2012, 03:05 PM
manjira...

Thumbs up Re: Career scope for me in Defence Services being a candidate having completed 12th Class with Commerce?

You have a career scope in NDA but only in the Indian Army wing only since you are a student of commerce in 10+2 examination. You can also apply for CDS examination but after completing your graduation but only in Military and Officer's Training academy.

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy.The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year NDA I and NDA II. Through this examination candidates are admitted into the 3 major defense wing

1)Indian Army;
2)Indian Air Force;
3)Indian Navy.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for NDA:

1)AGE: The age of the candidate must be between 16.5 and 19 years.

2)NATIONALITY: The candidate should be Indian.

3)MARTIAL STATUS & SEX: The candidates should be unmarried Male.

4)EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidate must pass the 10+2 from any recognized board.
For Army: Passed 10+2 in any stream;
For Navy/Air Force: Passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects.

5)PHYSICAL STANDARDS: the candidate need to satisfy the physical standards of height, weight, sight and hearing.
Height: not less than 157cms
Weight:standard with the height. not less than 50kgs.
Sight:Better eye sight 6/6 and worse eye sight 6/9.
Hearing: good hearing sense.
For more detail check http://www.upsc.gov.in

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service. It gives admission into 4 wings of defense:
1)Indian Military Academy(IMA)
2)Naval Academy
3)Air Force Academy
4)Officer's Training Acade
my.

ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS:

1)AGE:The age of the candidate must be between 19-25 years.

2)NATIONALITY:The candidate should be Indian.

3)SEX & MARTIAL STATUS:Both unmarried male and female candidates are eligible.

4)EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidates need to have a bachelor degree from a recognized university.
For IMA and Officer's Training Academy: A bachelor degree in any stream.
For Naval/Air Force: A bachelor degree and should have PCM in 10+2.

5)PHYSICAL STANDARD:Should satisfy the physical standard of height, weight, sight and hearing.
15th May 2014, 03:28 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career scope for me in Defence Services being a candidate having completed 12th Class with Commerce?

You can always opt for the Tri-Services after clearing the NDA entrance exam. After or during the +2 tenure, interested candidates need to write NDA Exam for the Army wing of National Defense Academy. Candidates willing to join Indian Army through NDA Exam do not need to have studied Mathematics in the higher secondary level. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 23 years of age. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
13th October 2014, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career scope for me in Defence Services being a candidate having completed 12th Class with Commerce?

Sir I have passed my 10th and 10 2 in an open university in which it has clearly that
Equivalent so can I get job in any of them 3
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?