12th August 2012, 05:52 AM
Unregistered

How many times can we give NET exam after doing M.A in History

how many times can we give NET exam after doing MA in history

12th August 2012, 09:43 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times can we give NET exam after doing M.A in History

NET is a entrance exam for candidates who either wants to pursue PhD or wish to apply for lecturer job in central government college. To appear in National Eligibility Test, you must meet certain criteria like a post graduate degree etc.

National Eligibility Test is a very competitive exam. There are thousands of people out there who inspire to become lecturer in a government college. Which is why every year lakhs of students apply for the National Eligibility Test in India.

While NET is conducted by central government, each state also conducts its own entrance exam for candidates who wish to apply for lecturer jobs in state government collegs. This exam is called SET. Those who want lecturer job in a particular state should appear in SET exam instead of NET. The requirements of both exams are almost same which I would be explaining in details below. Please read carefully.

Eligibility Criteria:-

1. Only Indian Citizens can apply for NET exam.

2. Candidates from Bhutan, Nepal and Tibet who came to India before 1 January 1962 are also eligible to appear in NET exam.

3. Candidates from Bhutan and Nepal would require a special certificate from the central government.

4. The minimum educational criteria for NET exam is post graduate degree in any stream from a recognised university.

5. You will also have to score at least 55 percent marks in the PG course.

6. Candidates belonging to reserve category are given 5 percent relaxation.

7. You can only appear in NET exam for the same subject in which you completed post graduation studies.

8. Final year students of PG course can also apply for NET however they need to submit the degree within 2 years of passing the exam else they would be disqualified.

9. There is no age limit for lecturer job.

10. Age limit for JRF is 28 years.

11. There is no limit on number of attempts.
12th August 2012, 01:08 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how many times can we give NET exam after doing MA in history

UGC or University Grants Commission takes the National Eligibility Test to select candidates for the Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and for lectureship post.

To sit for this examination you need to secure minimum 55 percent of marks at post graduation level. For the SC/ST candidates the percentage to secure is 50 percent of marks.

Even final year students are also eligible to give this exam. In that case provisional admission will be granted to those students and will be considered eligible only after they show their marksheet.

However it is to remember that such students should get their post graduation degree before two years otherwise you will be considered ineligible.

If you are a PhD degree holder then you will get a relaxation of upto five percent for appearing in the NET exam.

For the junior research fellowship your age should not be more than 28 years.

SC/ST and OBC candidates however will get a relaxation of upto 5 years.

Candidates with enough research experience are also entitled to get a maximum of 5 years age relaxation.

Relaxation is also provided to students who have completed their LLM degree. Relaxation never really exceeds that 5 years' marks.

For the post of lectureship there is no such age relaxation.

You can give this examination as many times you want.

The exam paper is basically objective type and there will be three papers all in all. In the first paper there will be 60 questions out of which 50 needs to be answered. The second paper has 50 compulsory questions and third paper has 75 compulsory questions.

Minimum 40 percent of marks needs to be secured as qualifying marks in the first two papers and 50 percent of marks in the third paper. This criteria is for the general category only. For the reserved category there is percentage relaxation.

Official website: http://www.ugcnetonline.in
12th August 2012, 03:42 PM
manjira...

NET stands for the National Educational Testing Bureau. the NET examination is conducted every year by the University Grant Commission(UGC).

those who wants a job of lectureship in colleges or wants to go for PhD take this examination of NET. for the PhD aspirants the clearing of this examination gives them several scholarship opportunities which would help them during the PhD course.

Eligibility Criteria are

1)the candidate should be a citizen of India;

2)the candidates of Nepal and Bhutan are also eligible if they have a special certificate from the central government;

3)the candidates must have a post graduate degree certificate from a recognized university;

4)the minimum marks in post graduate degree is 55% for the general and 50% for the SC/ST/PH candidates.

5)age limitation:
for junior research fellowship- the age must not be more than28 years
for lectureship-there is no upper limit

6) there is NO LIMITATION on the number of attempts to clear the NET exam.

you can get more detail in http://ugcnetonline.in
12th August 2012, 04:10 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UGC two times a year for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF)

There is no restriction to number of attempts to NET which means one can appear NET as many as times he wishes to.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree exam with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for the candidate applying for Lectureship but candidate applying for FRF should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.sc.in
12th August 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

how to prepere for net exam in economics???
12th August 2012, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Hai, there are no limit for apply Net exam. u should prepare for Net and try for Positive achievement. All the best....
13th August 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I AM A MBA FINANCE SPECIALIZED STUDENT , I OPT TO TAKE THE NET(MANAGEMENT) IN DEC 2012, IS THERE ANY ELECTIVES INVOLVED IN THE PARTICULAR BRANCH OF FINANCE IN THIS STREAM?
14th August 2012, 09:30 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

* NET Stands for "National Eligibility Test".

* This exam is conducted every year by the central and state governments for those who want to pursue Ph.D or apply for a lecturer job in Governmental colleges.

The Eligibility Criteria for the exam are :

* You must have completed your Post graduation in any stream from any recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks.

* Your age must be in between 21-28 years (for JRF) and there is no limit for lecturer job.

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* There is no limit on the number of attempts of the exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
15th August 2012, 10:55 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->NET is an entrance exam that you can give for Phd.

-->this exam can be given twice in a year.

-->one exam is held in month of june whose result is declared in month of october.

-->other exam is held in month of december whose result is declared in month of april.

-->for more information you can visit:-

www.ugc.ac.in

all the best...go ahead and work hard!!

Regards

guri kaur
18th December 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

i want the list of papers for net examafter doping m.com in Economics.
4th May 2013, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Hey, actually i want to know about the net exam and also asking i done my bba from punjab university and now i m doing mba from deemed university so please let me know i am eligible for give the net exam or not plz reply fast as soon as possible.............
11th August 2013, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

mera subject political science h es subject se bhi question aaenge?
1st May 2014, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

M.A in history student can opt for subject indian culture in ugc net exam?
4th June 2014, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

M. A.in ancient Indian history or history can opt for subject Indian culture or archeology?
18th July 2014, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my post graduate in 2001 .how can i start preperation of set exam.
23rd February 2016, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I choose any subject for NET exam? Irrespective of any subject specialization I took in MBA.
17th March 2017, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Can we get study materials to prepare set examination for subject papers online ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?