9th August 2015, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

How many chances will be left if I don't appear in JEE 2016?

I will pass my 12th in 2016 and if i don't appear for jee mains and advance in 2016 .then how many chance do i have to appear again.

9th August 2015, 09:44 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many chances will be left if I don't appear in JEE 2016?

The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard and the maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Advanced examination is two times that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. You will be left with two chances for appearing in JEE Main examination and one chance for appearing in JEE Advanced examination if you don't appear for JEE Main and Advanced examination in 2016.
9th August 2015, 10:11 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

If you not appear JEE 2016, then you have only one chance left to apply JEE exam.

You can apply JEE exam in 2017.

Any candidates can apply JEE exam into consecutive years.

However, being a top 150000 in JEE Mains is the prime eligibility applicable to all irrespective of the attempt number.
9th August 2015, 10:42 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

You will pass your 12th Exam in the year 2016 , then you can appear in JEE Main three times in the year 2016 , 2017 & 2018.You can appear JEE advance in the year 2016 & 2017.

Eligibility

JEE Main 2016
- You should have passed your 12th Class exam in the year 2014 , 2015 OR 2016 to appear in JEE Main 2016.
- Age Limit : Your age should be below 25 years on 1st October of the examination year for Gen/OBC.5 Years Relaxation applicable for SC/ST.
- Maximum Attemps : 3 times

JEE Advance 2016
- You should have passed JEE Main & Should be among top 1,50,000 candidates.
- You should have passed your 12th Class in the year of 2015 OR 2016 to appear in JEE Advance 2016.
- Your age should be not more than 25 years if you belongs to General/OBC.5 Years Relaxation applicable to SC/ST.
- You should not have taken your admission/Cancelled admission in IITs OR ISM in past.
9th August 2015, 11:38 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination and the same examination is an engineering entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for the selection of deserving students for their bachelor degree course in technical field from top government engineering colleges like IIT, IIIT, NIT and ISM.

The JEE examination is held in two stage which are JEE Mains and JEE Advance held in mentioned order.

The minimum eligibility required for appearing in JEE Main examination are as here under :-

--> You must have a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects and having secured at least 50% aggregate in each. Students pursuing their Class 12th are also eligible.

--> Your age must be within 17 years to 25 years by the last date of the year in which you are appearing for the same examination.

For JEE Advance you need to first qualify JEE Mains as well as that much marks in your board examination that keeps you within the top 20 percentile student of your respective board.

The maximum attempt provided for qualifying the JEE examination is three consecutive attempts and that too from the same year in which you are passing your 12th board examination. So if you do not appearing in JEE 2016 being going to pass your 12th in 2016 then it would be considered as one of the unsuccessful attempt and you will be left with two more attempts for qualifying the same examination.

For more details regarding the pattern, syllabus and the other necessary information you can log on to the official link of JEE i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
9th August 2015, 01:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE stand for the Joint Entrance Examination conducted every year by the CBSE for the admission of the candidates in the B.tech and B.E courses in the government and the private institutions.

As there is only three attempts to appear for the JEE Mains examination and two for the JEE Advance. Candidates can appear in the Advance examination only after qualifying in the Mains paper. There is separate cut off for the different category candidates in the Mains examination.

So if you will not appear in the JEE 2016 still you have only two chances to appear for the Mains in the 2017 and 2018. So the best will be to attempt for the examination in the year of appearing in the board examination.
9th August 2015, 01:50 PM
Career advisor

JEE(Joint Entrance Examinations) is the exam conducted every year for admissions in the prestigious colleges of India( IIT'S,IIIT'S,NIT'S etc).
As you will not going to appear in
2016,it means you will appear from 2017,then you have 2 chances are left for jee mains and jee advance.
There will no effect on the attemptation of jee advance,as there are only two chances for jee advance,but you will lost your one chance of jee main.
Jee main:
No. Of attempts-3
Jee advance:
No of attempts-2
These 2 attempts are in consecutive years.
The candidate who appeared in 2013-2014 can apply only if his/her result declared after june 2014.
9th August 2015, 02:06 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> For everyone only 3 chances will be there to appear in Jee- mains and Jee- advanced .
-> Why you wish to waste your time
appear in 1st attempt and crack it if possible .
-> Actually its not a big matter to crack both jee- mains and jee- advanced if you are aggressive about your target and fed up with dedication and commitment .
9th August 2015, 05:35 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Examination. Central Board of Secondary Education conducts this examination for undergraduate courses in technology.

Some of the top institutes which accepts JEE score for admission are:

Indian Institute of Technology.

National Institute of Technology.

IIITs

Government Engineering colleges.

Private and Self Financed colleges.

To appear for this exam, a candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

If you will pass your 10+2 in 2016, then you will be eligible for the JEE Mains in 2016, 2017 and 2018. But for JEE Advanced, you will have only two attempts in 2016 and 2017. If you do not appear, you will lose your attempts.

First you need to clear JEE Mains to become eligible for advanced stage. Even if you clear JEE Mains in 2018, you can not appear for advanced stage.
9th August 2015, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

How many time will be appear in jee main and advance exam those who has going to pass 2018 in 12th
9th August 2015, 10:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you do not appear for the Joint Entrance Examination mains in 2016 then your one attempt will be gone. You can only appear for the JEE advanced when you clear the mains stage.

For advanced stage, a candidate can only appear for two times one in the 10+2 board exam year and other in the next year. So you will have two chances for JEE Mains left in 2017 and 2018 but for advanced only in 2017.

Hence it is better to appear for the mains exam in 2016 to utilize your one attempt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?