15th March 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

Sir,I wanted to know how many hours should I study In order to crack IIT . I know its not About Hours to Study But the cincentration and intelligence ,what is the average hours I should study per day. I will be greatly thankful to you

10th June 2011, 05:29 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

Hello friend,
There is no universal rule for the preparation of IIT and it completely depends upon the individual, however, to be successful in the IIT-JEE, you must follow all the steps mentioned below.
1. Read text books thoroughly.
2. Try to understand the formulas instead of memorizing it and getting confused.
3. You must fix a time limit for each subjects.
4. Do not ignore the difficult problems. Try to solve it with the help of experts or teachers.
5. Try to learn analytical skills for questions.
6. Prepare as per the syllabus.

If you could follow these steps, acing the exam won't be a problem at all.
12th June 2011, 06:04 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,I wanted to know how many hours should I study In order to crack IIT . I know its not About Hours to Study But the cincentration and intelligence ,what is the average hours I should study per day. I will be greatly thankful to you
Regarding No. Of hours

There are no specific measurements for this you have to decide the no. of hours according to your IQ ,Memory power and concentration power.

Ok coming to practical world you know you have to work hard for the entrance like JEE you have to be very clear with your goal and also you need to be very sincere in your preparation

The preparation with full efforts can bring you success very easily. The hours spent by you should be used effectively

According to my view its necessary for an average student to prepare for atleast 5 hours a day for four months before the exam.

keep your days graceful with full concentration all the day the plans made by you has to lead to your desired heights.

To keep the healthy concentration all you need to do is love your subjects and plan accordingly that you'll never end up with boredom

for this spare some time for listening music and reading books other than your studies

keep your body fit with breathing excercises these will increase your confidence levels too.

Keep all the negative attractions away from you. Maintain good habits with good friends, Combined studies will really help if you perfectly utilize them.

with the blend mix of all these if you prepare correctly then its not a tough task to crack the examination.

Regards

~A~
12th June 2011, 06:20 PM
miiky

According to my view its necessary for an average student to prepare at least 8 hours a day. The hours spent by you should be used effectively. Read text books thoroughly and try to learn analytical skills for questions. Do not ignore difficult problems and try to solve it with the help of experts or teachers. You should keep your body fit with breathing exercises. These will increase your confidence levels too.
12th June 2011, 07:52 PM
ajinkyachowdhury

Many posts are already there so I don't think there is need to elaborate more on that. Attached here is the SUBJECT TOPICWISE MISSION PLAN so that all topic are covered in TWO years for TARGET IITJEE 2013.
12th June 2011, 07:53 PM
ajinkyachowdhury

Attached here is IITJEE MISSION PLAN for JEE 2013, to cover all topics.
Attached Files
File Type: docx IITJEE 2013 Mission Plan.docx(12.5 KB, 916 views)
12th June 2011, 07:55 PM
ajinkyachowdhury

Dear Friends
Much has been posted here in this topic, but we need to cover all the subjects and topics for proper preparation of IITJEE.
Attached here is IITJEE 2013 mission plan timetable for all subjects & topics.
12th June 2011, 08:03 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The average hours to study per day is 8 hrs.

To calculate it You can find-
No: of hours to sleep-8
No: of hours for your daily routine in which you can play & watch the T.V too-8
So For a student who has no other tension to earn & HIS only task is to study,so definitely HE must concentrate at least 8 hours daily.
It depends upon you not to sit 8 hrs continuously.You can further break it according to your convenience like 4 hrs in morning & 4 hrs in night.
12th June 2011, 08:21 PM
Niva Lakra

well to begin with i would like to say that one needs to have determintion and confidence to get through any exam...as we know that competition has increased tremendously so one has to work according to it...as far as the no. of hours is concerned it varies from one student to the other...it mostly depends on how much one can give for it...well i would suggest some serious studies of atleast 5-6 hours daily...and remember one thing very important to revise the topics on a regular basis, this would help you get stronger with the topic...and just be sincere with your work.
12th June 2011, 09:20 PM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

Dear Friend,

There is no magic wand to clear IIT JEE, dedicated and sincere effort will help you a lot.

Even if you study for 18 hours a day without any interest or dedication you are not going to make it.

The main thing is get your concept as clear as possible, got to the root of the things.
Have a planned schedule, work for 6-7 hours a day with concentration and productivity.Read NCERT books thoroughly.

You should also have a healthy relation with your Tutor, in case of doubts get it cleared as fast as possible. Remember A stich in time save nine.

The smarter you work the better results you will get.
12th June 2011, 10:10 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Every mind has different capacity of understanding.

It doesn't matter that he become topper because he spent a lot of his time in study.

If your maind is sharp you can take advantage in less time.

The only one matter for cracking IITJEE is that correct topic and revesion time.

Right book and right notes plays a important role.

But yes, spent a fixed time daily in your study and specially in maths.
12th June 2011, 10:51 PM
tiwari ayush

There are no specific measurements for this you have to decide the no. of hours according to your IQ ,Memory power and concentration power.

Ok coming to practical world you know you have to work hard for the entrance like JEE you have to be very clear with your goal and also you need to be very sincere in your preparation

The preparation with full efforts can bring you success very easily. The hours spent by you should be used effectively

According to my view its necessary for an average student to prepare for atleast 5 hours a day for four months before the exam.

keep your days graceful with full concentration all the day the plans made by you has to lead to your desired heights.

To keep the healthy concentration all you need to do is love your subjects and plan accordingly that you'll never end up with boredom

for this spare some time for listening music and reading books other than your studies

keep your body fit with breathing excercises these will increase your confidence levels too.

Keep all the negative attractions away from you. Maintain good habits with good friends, Combined studies will really help if you perfectly utilize them.

with the blend mix of all these if you prepare correctly then its not a tough task to crack the examination.

best of luck
12th June 2011, 11:32 PM
Rekha_smilingflower

Smile Re: How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

Quote:
hi.... you are right that's not the matter of hours. Reading the material/textbook for hours is not the best way to get perfection in the subject. Its a matter of remembering the concept and applying that where ever needed. So I can suggest you to do your preparation in three steps:
1) Reading the concept
2)Understanding the concept
3)Rechecking the concept that how much you remember.
Do the 3rd step frequently to remember the concept perfectly. So......all the best!!! do rocking!!!!
13th June 2011, 01:12 AM
Soni Gitesh

it don't depend how many hours to study but it depends how u study. it depends what u study and also your understandablity.
13th June 2011, 01:40 AM
sourindra

Its totally depends on you how much time you will take to complete your study. Minimum 6 hours you have to study daily.
13th June 2011, 10:35 AM
stranger351

Below are some useful things to crack IIT-JEE.
Firstly you have to study NCERT books.
Total paper of IIT-JEE, AIEEE and other exams are based on NCERT Books.
None of question is not out of 11th and 12th standard Books.
So firstly concentrate on CBSE issued NCERT books.
and then you can go for HC verma and ARIHANT books are very good to study to understand concepts easily.
IIT-JEE exam is very tough exam so be ready and be prepare for it.
13th June 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You should study nearly about 8 to 10 hours to crack IIT.
All three subjects not only 1 subject for 9 hours.
13th June 2011, 08:13 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
Cracking IIT JEE exam is not a matter of joke. You really need to put extra hard effort for getting into IIT jee exam. You have to be really good at physics , chemistry and maths.
you will have to study these subject at least for 4hours a day. But put smart work with hard work.
all the best.
26th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO SOLVE CONSTRAINT MOTION RELATED PROBLEMS EASILY
27th June 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

damn iit jee.....its not the be all and end all of this world....theres more to life than being a brain drain to this country after getting a degree from iit.... so all u iit nerdos ...me being an iitian and looking at my peers who have all migrated.....jus stop preparing for iit and plan constructively
21st August 2011, 11:47 PM
Sachinpatilalone

According to me and my friend a IIT ian In kanpur one has to study atleast 8 hours wit full interest and not wasting a single minute. The ground work for IIT s to prepare notes time saving results collecting previous years question papers clearing the concepts by searching different books. If u hve studied CBSE syllabus then it s easy and it s enough of 6 hours for a sharp student. Any how best of luck from myself
26th August 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

sir i am not able to understand chemistry i am in class 11 how to study chemistry ... and trigonomerty in maths ..
26th August 2011, 08:07 PM
dhruv007

FOR CRACK IN THE EXAMINATION OF IIT
a candidate must hace to read at least 6 hours thoroughly, 2 hours for each PHYSIC , MATHS CHEMISTRY . one hour for 11th class syllabus and 2nd hour for 12th syllabus.
So I can suggest you to do your preparation in three steps:
1) Reading the concept
2)Understanding the concept
3)Rechecking the concept that how much you remember.
Do the 3rd step frequently to remember the concept perfectly. So......all the best!!! do rocks!!!!!!!!!!
12th October 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

coaching is not necessary jst believe in urself
15th October 2011, 08:32 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Hello friend,
There is no universal rule for the preparation of IIT and it completely depends upon the individual, however, to be successful in the IIT-JEE, you must follow all the steps mentioned below.
2. Try to understand the formulas instead of memorizing it and getting confused.
4. Do not ignore the difficult problems. Try to solve it with the help of experts or teachers.

15th October 2011, 08:34 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Hello friend,

19th October 2011, 01:56 AM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

If you are serious about IIT examination follow the given points.

Some Important Tips:

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day for the IIT.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.

side by side you can try on-line mock test:-

1.>http://www.askiitians.com/mock-test/

2.>http://www.iitscholars.com/IIT-JEE.html

best of luck.
23rd October 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

which field should i choose mpc or bipc? i am in class 10 and not able to decide. i have no special interest in any of these i like them both equally and i dont want to pursue other branches like mec or cec, so pl tell me out of these two only
23rd October 2011, 07:40 PM
silent nancy

Hello friend,
There is no such thing that if one study's the whole day,it is sure that he will pass.The thing is that you should study thorougly even if you study only 1 hour.
The average hours you should study per day should be atleast 4hours to crack IIT.
23rd October 2011, 08:25 PM
sanjibdebnath33

Thumbs up Re: How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

TO crack IIT you should contribute minimam 10-12 hours per day for long 5-6 months. Start from today. All the best.
23rd October 2011, 08:38 PM
sanjibdebnath33

You should study for 10-12 hours per day to crack IIT.
23rd October 2011, 09:32 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to crack the IIT-JEE exam..

Now, it is totally depends on your personal capability..

Its not about how many hours one spend for taking preparation of IIT..
It's all about your talent, capability..

One can crack the exam without spending much time by the talent ,smart work..

One can crack the exam with the hard work by spending lots of hours.

So, it depends person to person..

What you need is study hard, clear your concept..

All the best..
24th October 2011, 04:59 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

We are no one to decide for you haw many hours you should study to crack IIT JEE examination.I think you know your capabilities better than us so should decide haw many hours you should study.
I can give you some tips that you can follow.
  • Study as much as you need to understand.
  • All the subjects are important.Give equal priorities to all the subjects.
  • Before solving difficult questions make your concept clear.
  • Give more time to the topics which creates complexcities.
  • Study with determination.
  • Time management is very important for any of the examination.
Try these tips you will definitely be able to crack the examination.

Best Wishes...
24th October 2011, 08:38 PM
jeo-rocks

hi dear,

thanks
24th October 2011, 08:45 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
IIT conducts the JEE exam for the aspirants who wish to do their engineering course in the IIT institutions in India.
The subjects from which the questions will be asked are physics, chemistry and mathematics. One need to prepare on all these in order to crack the exam. The exam is based on the CBSE syllabus. Few tips to crack the paper are
1. Understand the concepts do not memorize the theory
2. Put more efforts for those which you didn't grasp quickly
3. Listen to the class as reading after listen makes studies easier by 50%.
4. Study early morning
5. Practice mathematical sums and try to rote them in less time
6. Refer more books and try to know all the possible questions
7. Go through previous years questions paper
24th October 2011, 08:50 PM
leo-rocks

HI DEAR,

IIT-JEE, you must follow all the steps mentioned below.

- Read text books thoroughly.
-Try to understand the formulas instead of memorizing it and getting confused.
- You must fix a time limit for each subjects.
- Do not ignore the difficult problems. Try to solve it with the help of experts or teachers.
- Try to learn analytical skills for questions.
- Prepare as per the syllabus.

THANKS
24th October 2011, 09:16 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,
“So How many hours should I study“, is one of the classic question that has been asked ... In my counselling session with IIT aspirants this question is one of the most ... finally challenging you (Vikram) with a question which you have to crack…
24th October 2011, 11:20 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

Quote:

How To Prepare For IIT-JEE

The main thing is not the number of hours you study..but the output that you are able to produce in those hours..

Even if study for 12 hours and are able to read only 4 pages then it would be totally useless..

So,set a routine for yourself and assign adequate time for studying each subject every day..

Keep your weekends reserved for studying those topics in which you are comparatively weaker and think that you need to give them more time than normal to clear your concepts..practice questions on those topics..

Books For Preparation :-

First of all..be completely thorough with your NCERT books and then for higher preparations yo can refer to the following books :-

M.L.Khanna for Maths
P.Bahadur for Physical Chemistry
O.P.Tandon for Organic Chemistry
Concepts of Physics
Past Papers for IIT-JEE by TMH

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
25th October 2011, 10:47 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

Quote:
How many hours should one study to crack IIT?

It is not only the number of hours of study that decide your success but it is the conceptual study that decides the rate of your success. Just a 4 hours study with concept is better than An endless study without concept . So if you are studying with concept then 6 to 7 hours study is enough to crack IIT-JEE.
Follow the steps to get better result in IIT-JEE:
  • Complete NCERT first as it is the best book as recommended by most of experts.
  • Try to gain the concept .don't try to just memorise the things.
  • Solve Previous year papers and new sample papers for better result.
  • Give proper time on time management.
  • Take part in online preparation test conducted by different website to check your preparation.
  • Solve HC Verma and Erodov physics .
  • You should know the Shortcut Tricks and formulae to manage time during exam.

With Regards
rchauhan294
25th October 2011, 12:41 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hii friend...here i can help you.........the number of hours depend on you talent and intelligence...........on an average you should study 12-14 hours a day...............
29th October 2011, 06:09 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hii dear
Regarding No. Of hours[/B]

Regards

thank you
30th October 2011, 06:24 PM
leo-rocks

IIT-JEE, you must follow all the steps mentioned below.

*you must have to learn at least 6-8 hour daily.
*Read text books thoroughly.
*Try to understand the formulas instead of memorizing it and getting confused.
*You must fix a time limit for each subjects.
*Do not ignore the difficult problems. Try to solve it with the help of experts or teachers.
*Try to learn analytical skills for questions.
*Prepare as per the syllabus.

thanks
8th November 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

sir...i wan to knw if our base iz weak @ some topics of 1 then hw to prepare for that..whether i concentrate on running syllabus or do that topics....??? plzz help me how to manage tym...???
5th December 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Which book i should follow in physics for iit jee
6th December 2011, 02:03 PM
nida shakeel

PHYSICS FOR IIT JEE

•MECHANICS

Physics by H.C. Verma
Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
Resnick and Halliday

•ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

Resnick and HallidayCircuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

•OPTICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

•MODERN PHYSICS

Physics by H.C. Verma
Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

•HEAT AND WAVES

Physics by H.C. Verma
Resnick and Halliday

All The Best
6th December 2011, 08:46 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
Selection in IIT will not depend upon how many hours you study. It depend upon how clearly you understand the concept.
Not read thousand books one time but Read one books thousand times.

You have to practice allot. Read and understand each and every concept of physics and chemistry.
Solve the tough numerical from books like H.C VERMA. So that you get practice
and your concept will more clear.

good luck!
24th January 2012, 03:49 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear
Regarding No. Of hours

thank you
11th May 2012, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Which books we needed for the preperatition of IIT
21st May 2012, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 12 in isc and started my iit course in class 11.i wanted to know how much i have to study each day with a timetable and learning skills
contact me on my email id [email protected]
8th June 2012, 08:20 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear Aspirant,
As I have heard about Kota Students, they study at least 8-10 hours regularly.
They study there with full dedication and devotion.
Then only they are able to such a tough exam called IIT-JEE.
As I had heard from the IIT-JEE experts, "If a student study regularly 5 hours a day for 5 months before IIT-JEE exam. He can surely crack IIT-JEE exam very easily."

But that needs 100% determination and dedication towards studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?