27th June 2012, 05:33 PM
abhiishekk7

How to study for IITJEE after dropping 1 year?

[Im joinning fiitjee coaching centre to study for iit jee.

Pls tell me how to study for iit ,since i've now dropped it'll be diffenrent,right?

I am ready to study any no of hours and want to crack it and get good rank at any cost.

Im ready to do hardword.......but i dont know how to work hard, pls help!

19th August 2012, 04:05 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to study for IITJEE after dropping 1 year?

Hi dear..

Now that you have joined a coaching center, first try to study what teachers taught you same day, then refer to FIIT JEE's study material , and practice numericals everyday.

You should also buy Arihats IIT JEE book for practise.

Finally make it a habit to study Physics , Chemistry and Maths Everyday.

Don't think that you studied Maths and Chemistry today , so you will study physics tomorrow, you have to keep all subjects at the same track if you want to crack JEE and get a good rank in it.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
19th August 2012, 05:26 PM
dudebuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiishekk7 View Post

Pls tell me how to study for iit ,since i've now dropped it'll be diffenrent,right?

I am ready to study any no of hours and want to crack it and get good rank at any cost.

since you have dropped 1 year of your life so its very crucial time for your career
you should start your preparation in the following manner

FOR PHYSICS
1.THROUGH WITH CLASS 11 AND CLASS 12 NCERT BOOKS
2.HC VERMA PART 1 and PART 2
3.CONCEPTS OF PHYSICS BY RESNICK AND HALLIDAY

FOR CHEMISTRY
1.THROUGH WITH CLASS 11 AND CLASS 12 NCERT BOOKS
2.inORGANIC CHEMISTRY BY SOLOMONS
3.PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY BY P.BAHADUR

FOR MATHS
1.THROUGH WITH CLASS 11 AND 12 NECRT BOOKS
2.OBJECTIVE MATHEMATICS BY RD SHARMA

while preparing more stress should be laid on concepts and not derivations
you must also PRACTISE with pen and paper objective questions as it would also increase your speed

and you must also join test series of any institute such as fiit-jee,or resonance or career launcher and any other institute as it would test your all india rank and your concepts too

to get top rank in iit-jee you should first top each and every exam of any coaching institute
19th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiishekk7 View Post

~As you must be knowing it that in IIT JEE you have to answer two papers in which equal weightage is given to physics, chemistry and mathematics. Questions are generally objective types and you have to answer each paper in just three hours. Unlike the descriptive questions where there is still some scope for you to try and attempt the answer with prior knowledge you have about the question asked, in case of objective questions either you know the answer or you do not. There is no scope of wild guessing.

~What i am trying to hint at is the pressure is immense in this case since questions can be asked from every nook and corner of the chapter. Apparently what you thought is not that important can come in the examination paper and totally surprise you to say the least. So superficially if you go through chapters and focus on getting an overall idea then it wont work.

~Even after attending coaching centres you should have ample time at hand for yourself. Unless and until you go through the chapters repeatedly and solve the exercise on your own without taking any help from others, all the efforts will go in vain and you wont be able to evaluate your performance too.

~So make sure even if you sit to study only for a couple of hours you should try and make the most of it. Each and every session should be productive. Take small gaps in between and its good to see that you are ready to work till the wee hours but in the process do not over stress yourself. Take this as a healthy challenge.

~Since you are not too sure from where to start so let me tell you that it is always better to start anything from the beginning itself. As in focus on the basics first. Since questions are going to be conceptual therefore if the fundamental knowledge about any subject is clear to you then you will be able to think from different angles.

~Do not try to mug up patterns. Instead with the formula try to understand the derivative of the formula too and then solve sums. In that way things will become more easier. So just go to the root cause of all problems. Then you will be able to solve all problems of that given type.

~After finishing one chapter sit down with the model question papers and solve all the exercises from that chapter. Just understanding a chapter means only half the work is done. It is only when you solve the exercise that you will be able to understand the chapter more deeply.

~I have seen this that many good students fails to attain good marks just because they do not know how to manage time. Since you have already enrolled yourself in a coaching centre, to a whole lot of extent they will be able to help you on this by talking weekly test and all. But you should also on your own sit down with a stop watch and try and solve papers within the time limit mentioned. This will help you to gain more confidence and you wont feel nervous on the main day.

~On the final day if you do not know any answer do not get stuck over there. Instead try and solve the easy questions first and then give yourself some time to think about the unknown answers. Read the paper well before answering any question and check your paper properly before submitting. This will do.

Coaching centres will provide you with lots of study materials which you can use to prepare for this exam. Apart from that you can also buy some books on your own and prepare hard. For your convenience here i have mentioned the name of some books you can use for preparing for this exam. You may find this list useful.

List of IIT JEE Books:

Concepts Of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)
by H C Verma
Publisher: Bharati Bhavan

Mathematics For IIT-JEE: Algebra (Volume - I)
by Dr. U M Swamy Dr. G S N Murti
Publisher: Wiley India Pvt Ltd

Mathematics for IIT-JEE: Calculus (Volume - 3)
by G S N Murti, K P R Sastry
Publisher: Wiley India Pvt Ltd

New Pattern IIT JEE Physics
by D C Pandey
Publisher: Arihant Publications

A Textbook of Organic Chemistry for IIT JEE
by R. K. Gupta

NCERT Solutions Chemistry (Class-12th)
by Expert Compilations

Hope this helps :-> :->
4th January 2014, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for IIT JEE when I have only 1year in hand as in 11 I wasnt serious .
I am unable to concentrate during my studies. Help me so that I can utilitise the time left.
Please help me......
2nd May 2014, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir I dropped one year,and I had not done preparation ccording to exam due havin overconfidence. and I got bad rank in iit 2013
but now I want to do study really hard and I am good at my studies , so please suggest me to drop one year again or not ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?