22nd July 2011, 07:14 PM
Honey shukla

How many months are required for preparation for Bank exam? Books to be referred?

How many months are required for bank preparation.....and which author book referred for bank exams.........

23rd July 2011, 10:19 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many months are required for preparation for Bank exam? Books to be referred?

The required preparation time to prepare for Bank PO Exams might vary from one individual to others depending upon the grip the candidate has previously on various areas like
-Reasoning
-Quantitative Aptitude
-General Awareness and Computer Knowledge
-General English

If the candidate is already good enough in the above mentioned aspects, then he need very less time to prepare for the exam.

If the candidate is freshly starting preparation without having any knowledge on above aspects, it will take minimum of 6 months to be strong enough in the above aspects.

As far as the books are concerned,
For Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude you can prepare R.S.Agarwal
For General English you can follow any book which is full of Grammatical concepts, Comprehensions and Vocabulary.
For General Awareness, you can use
-BSC Magazine
-Mahindra Publications Magazine etc.
23rd July 2011, 11:26 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: How many months are required for preparation for Bank exam? Books to be referred?

Hi,

Time of preparation depende upon you how you study.study 3 hours with full concentration is equal to study 8 hours without concetration.

For better success in Bank exam study with planning is very important.you have to study with a planning.

In Banks exam these type of question are asked-
Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness and Computer Knowledge
General English

Your preparation of these question should be very good.It is very important to refferr best book for success.you have to choose best book preparation of exam.

You have to reffer different books because with one sigle book you can't prepare very well.

Interview is very important for get into Banks.you can get into banks with good intreview.you have to improve your interview skills.
23rd July 2011, 12:43 PM
rana2011
Banned

It depands on the quality of student , but genarally 5 to 6 months have need to be strong.

To apper this exam as first you must be strong in theese subjects:

General English & mathamatics.
General Awareness.
Quantitative Aptitude.
Reasoning. and have good knowledge and avaluable sartificate on computer.

For english and math you have to practice huge grammer , writting ... and sort type of maths.

For general Awarenees you follow Tata Magrowheels & Darpan , ....

For Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude you can follow R.S.Agarwal.

Otherwise you may take coach from any recognise center like RICE ,MISE ....& in my opinion it will to much better because there you will get a helping hand.

All the best1
23rd July 2011, 12:45 PM
rana2011
Banned

It depands on the quality of student , but genarally 5 to 6 months have need to be strong.

To apper this exam as first you must be strong in theese subjects:

General English & mathamatics.
General Awareness.
Quantitative Aptitude.
Reasoning. and have good knowledge and avaluable sartificate on computer.

For english and math you have to practice huge grammer , writting ... and sort type of maths.

For general Awarenees you follow Tata Magrowheels & Darpan , ....

For Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude you can follow R.S.Agarwal.

Otherwise you may take coach from any recognise center like RICE ,MISE ....& in my opinion it will to much better because there you will get a helping hand.

All the best.
23rd July 2011, 02:15 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
This question have not fully answer by any person.
Actually preparation is depends upon Candidate,

what is his efficency,regarding this?

Specially banking exam generally institution provide 4 months practice.

after you prepare yourself completely.

this year pattern of SBI:-

* Written exam
*GD
*Final interview.
23rd July 2011, 02:18 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
This question have not fully answer by any person.
Actually preparation is depends upon Candidate,

what is his efficency,regarding this?

Specially banking exam generally institution provide 4 months practice.

after you prepare yourself completely.

this year pattern of SBI:-

* Written exam
*GD
*Final interview.
23rd July 2011, 04:09 PM
vivekdas.raja

its depends upon your the examination date when it is going to be held .jkd for more details log on to www.freshersworld.com
23rd July 2011, 09:04 PM
kunjeyan5282

The preparation time to prepare for Bank PO Exams varies for person to person depending upon the capacity of aspirant.
If the candidate has good knowledge then he need about 2-3 hours seriously.

If the aspirant is fresher he needs 5-6 hours serious study daily for about 3-4 months.
As far as the books are concerned,
For Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude you study surya publications.
for english you can study grammer book of any publisher.
For General Awareness, you can study arihant publications.
23rd July 2011, 09:41 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend .....

For the preparation of the any of the government or the private bank P.O exams or for any other posts in the bank you can join in any good coaching institutes which gives the coaching for the above posts .

For the preparation of any of the bank exams it totally depends on you how much time you can take .
But it is such that one year in enough for the preparation of any of the bank exams.

Here I am providing you some of the book for the preparation of the various bank exam for the posts of the P.O and other bank clerical posts ..

VERBAL ABILITY BOOK

23rd July 2011, 09:44 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

It cannot be predicted that how much time is required to prepare for various Bank's recruitment examinations. Tow months preprations can do wonder or two years of prepration can be useless i.e it depend upon your efforts. Although a serious prepration is required to clear the exam. The key syllabus for various exams includes english, reasioning question ( Verbal and Non Verbal), General Knowlege and current affairs.
24th July 2011, 12:08 AM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Hi Shukla,
There is no any time limit for the preparation of the bank exam.
It covers:
1.Quantitative aptitude
2.General Awareness
3.Computer Questions
4. Verbal Reasoning

Preparation tips:
1.Practise regularly to solve more problems.
2. Give importance to do more problems in short span of time.
3.Current affairs to be updated
4. refer many books.

All the best.
24th July 2011, 12:32 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

This is only depends upon your capacity and knowledge.
what is your level in the studies. this is the main thing.

these are main syllabus of bank exam---

Reasoning
-Quantitative Aptitude
-General Awareness and Computer Knowledge
-General English

so. you have to hard workto your study then you get your targe.
24th July 2011, 07:58 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How many months are required for preparation for Bank exam? Books to be referred?

Dear friend,

Preparation time depends upon the students capability. Devotion and hard work is must for preparation of Bank.

At least 5 to 6 months preparation is required to crack bank exam.

There are different types of subjects wnich are covered in Bank exam i.e.

1. Reasoning ability – In this reasoning capability of the candidate is asked.
The questions will be of types like no. series, alphabet series, blood
relations, age calculation problems etc.

2. Quantitative aptitude – In this maths of class X is asked. So applicant must
thorough with all this. The topics like algebra, profit loss, percentage, time
& distance, ratio & proportions etc.

3. General awareness – The outside world is equally important for you to
prepare for bank exam. For this, you must go through news paper,
magazines etc daily. Also you must have the knowledge of current affairs.

4. English – This subject is also equally important. Grammar is main target.
The books are available easily in market. You must go through them.

The written test is of 2 – 2.5 hrs. So you must try previous year’s papers.
This will help you to manage time properly & also you will get an idea of the
pattern of written exam.

I hope this will help you.

All the best..............
26th August 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I am also preparing for Bank PO but i having some difficulties in preparation for the same. I need some suggestion in this regard also if possible please provide the name of few coaching Institute where i can get good guidance for the same. I will prefer to have an Institute near by Faridabad.
4th October 2011, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

for a serious candidate,three months r enough to crack bank po xam provided one study wid full concentration n do a lot of practice daily...
23rd October 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Whether all Interview Rounds are common for all banks or they differ from one bank to other ?
If so specify the rounds
24th October 2011, 10:10 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
Exam, Bank PO and Clerk Recruitment exams, NDA, CDS Exams etc. sections) to show. ..... For general knowledge and objective-type questions, refer to General .... period of 4 to 5 months and the candidates must begin preparations early. ... as many books as possible, so that every aspect is studied in the required detail. ...
Thanks,
14th January 2012, 11:30 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Maximum 6 or 7 moths preparing is required for bank exam.

Books to prepare for bank exams

* Upkars Quicker Numerical Test for Bank Clerical Cadre by Dr. M. B. Lal & Jain

* Upkars Banks Recruitment Tests by Khanna & Verma

* Ramesh General English

* Upkars Quicker Reasoning Test

* R.S Agrawal- for Aptitude exam

* Ramesh Bank Clerical Exam Solved Papers by RPH Editorial Board

* Ramesh Test Of Reasoning Ability

* Ramesh Bank Clerical Test Guide by Anjani A Gupta

* Ramesh Bank Clerks Exam Guide by Saurabh Sharma, Karan Dev

* Arihant General Knowledge

These are very best books for clerk exam. It will will help a lot. Hope for the best.

Best wishes
11th February 2012, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

How many months are required for a bank clark exam specially for a student like me. I am good in reasoning, quantitative aptitute, computer knowledge, English. I cleared punjab national bank written test. But I have problem in General Knowledge.so what do you think how many times are required for a candidate like me for bank clark exams?
28th February 2012, 05:55 AM
ramandeep.2dec

You need 2-3 month around to prepare for a bank clerk and 6 months for bank PO preparation exam.
There are many books available in the market for the preparation of bank exam. Some of good books are:
Upkar's Bank examination books
Reasoning Ability by R.S. Agarwal
Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Agarwal
Ramesh's Bank PO book
R.S. Aggarwal for English
Wren and Martin for elementary English
Newspaper and Magazines like pratiyogita Darpan and i succeed
24th May 2012, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

The students who scored less than 50% in graduation, are they eligible for bank PO exam?
13th August 2012, 09:24 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear There ,

You asked a very interesting question as many of the students want to know that how many time they should give for the preparation of Bank Exam .

So , here i want to clear you that it depends on the student because every student have their own knowledge and intelligency level but in general if you give just 5-6 months for preparation , then you can easily crack bank exams.

The Books that you should opt for the preparation are :

* Quantitative Aptitude - R . S. Agarwal

* Reasoning - R . S. Agarwal

* English - Wren & Martyn

* Common Errors in English - Ashok Kumar Singh

* Quicker Maths - M . Tyra

* General Awareness - http://www.jagranjosh.com

This is the information i have to the ebst of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
24th September 2012, 11:33 PM
lankasandhya

sir,im preparing for rrc ecrc exam when will be the exam is going to be held
2nd October 2012, 07:24 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey shukla View Post
How many months are required for bank preparation.....and which author book referred for bank exams.........
Top Bank Clerk Exam Books:-

IBPS (CWE) Clerical Cadre
(Paperback)
Publisher: Unique Publishers

Study Package For IBPS Institute of Banking Personnel Selection: Common Written Examination Clerical Cadre Recruitment(Paperback)
by Sanjeev Joon
Publisher: Tata Mc-graw Hill Publishing

IBPS Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Bank Clerical Cadre Common Written Examination
(Paperback)
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

Bank Clerical Cadre Common Written Exam(Paperback)
by T. S. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

Banking Interviews: The Complete Book for IBPS Bank PO & Clerk Examination
by Gautam Majumdar
Publisher: Arihant

Bank Clerical Cadre Examination (Solved Papers Cum Practice Work Book)
by Pratiyogita Sahitya
Publisher: Pratiyogita Sahitya

Bank Clerk Cadre Examination
by Pratiyogita Sahitya
Publisher: Pratiyogita Sahitya

Hope this helps :-> :->
5th September 2013, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

which books are reffered for arithmetic ablity and numerical ablity
23rd April 2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Again this will differ from person to person,but from my perspective anyone can prepare themselves within 4-6 months completely for any kind of bank exams with proper time management,regular study and practice.Books are very helpful in any kind of competitive exams so always have a good collection of books and guides for better preparation.
All the best...
7th May 2015, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends...
Am an engineering graduate... I like to prepare for bank PO. Am good in all sections except banking awareness... So pls help me how to prepare for banking awareness..(not general awareness)
29th June 2015, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

Can anyone please help me with the doubt.
I want to crack the bank exam and am preparing for it. The problem is I read, 'The candidate should read, write and speak the state language' Is that required?
I am fluent in all ways in English and hindi, read and write marathi but cant speak, only speak bengali cannot read or write.
I have done my engineering from Maharashtra and reside in Gujarat.
How do I deal with the state language.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?