7th December 2010, 09:35 AM
urvashi789

How many seats are available for General Category Students in Government Colleges?

How many seats (Number not %) are available to general category candidates against this competitive exam in government colleges?
Regards
Urvashi

Related Questions:
  1. What is the OBC quota percentage give for history hons?
  2. Will I get MBBS seat in government medical college of Kolkata after scoring 1024 rank in general category? Total number of seats?
  3. Number of seats available for ST category students in government MBBS colleges?
  4. How many merit seats are available for general category students?
  5. If I belong to SC caste can I get some concession in the cutoff list?
  6. How many total seats are there for general category seats in IAS?
  7. Number of seats available for ST category students in government MBBS colleges? How many percentage of ST female candidates are there in government MBBS colleges?
  8. Can I get admission for Ag.B.Sc course having scored 62 marks in EAMCET Exam?
  9. How many seats are there in MD/MS Ayurveda for ST category students in Government Ayurvedic Colleges in Maharashtra?
  10. Seats in MD or MS in Indian government colleges under MBBS course for SC category in Pediatrics?
  11. Total number of seats for MBBS in Private Medical Colleges of Karnataka for outside states general category students?
  12. How many government seats are there in MBBS at Punjab?
  13. How many seats are there for CBSE students of SEBC category in Gujarat of government medical colleges?
  14. Can I get a seat in Bachelor of Homeopathic Science & Surgery in Hyderabad?
  15. How many MBBS government colleges are there in Punjab under general category?
  16. How many seats are available for diploma students in general category for getting admission CCET college, Chandigarh? -- [New]
  17. Which are the centers in Mumbai for centralized admission process for B.E? When does it start?
  18. Number of Medical seats in each Government College of Gujarat for the candidates of General category?
25th December 2010, 05:13 PM
nishant1110

Default Re: How many seats are available for General Category Students in Government Colleges?

It is a long calculation, but some approximations yield a useful answer. Consider that about 30000 seats are available all over India. About 50% of these is in medical colleges (15000) and about 50% of these are reserved (7500). We are left with 7500 seats in the general category.

Now this part confuses me also: In AIPMT, you shall be eligible for admissions to only 15% of these seats (rest go for state quota). 15% of 7500 is 1125. So about 65000 examinees of the general category are going to compete for only 1125 seats! The ratio is Shocking... 1:57
25th December 2010, 07:31 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many seats are available for General Category Students in Government Colleges?

it totally depend number of seat available for admission in particular department. after reservation to the SC/ST/OBC/PH available seat are for general candidate.

it is very difficult to tell the exact value for it. there may be one more reservation soon for minority category. but one thing this reservation is very much important to develop one country. because if one part of society develop very much and others are under the line then it is not possible to overall develop of one country. so reservation is important.
25th December 2010, 09:47 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)According to the government's directive,
-->general students should occupy 50 per cent of seats,
-->15 per cent by the schedule caste
--> 7.5 per cent by the schedule tribe
--> 27 per cent OBC.

Best of luck
25th December 2010, 11:20 PM
babydoll

Hi!
About 60% seats are available for the general categories students as 15% seats are reserved for the sc/st/obc and 15% for managment quota and 10% for other staff.Then the remaining seats are available for the general students.
26th December 2010, 12:30 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend........
you should first specify the discipline first whether in the case of engineering or the medical field ......
but then there is always more than 50% seats for the general category students.......
26th December 2010, 07:15 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

seats are available for General Category Students in Government Colleges
--> 27 per cent OBC.

good luck.
26th December 2010, 10:37 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How many seats are available for General Category Students in Government Colleges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urvashi789 View Post
How many seats (Number not %) are available to general category candidates against this competitive exam in government colleges?
Regards
Urvashi
see urvasi,

i can't give you the exact number but you can have idea after my information.

in AIEEE total of 30 % percent seats are reserved for all OBC, handicapped and ST/SC people and remaining % will be the seat reserved for general candidates.

if you get good marks in any competitive exam , i meant to say good like (below 1000 or 2k ranks.)

then you will definitely get government colleges all over the India..

good luck.
26th December 2010, 05:05 PM
nishant1110

Dear Ms urvashi789

Mr JAMESS wrote "it totally depend number of seat available for admission in particular department." and Ms dreksha chaudhary copied the same thing in an improved language. I will expound it. Please note that departments, for undergraduates, are segregated in IITs and engineering colleges, not medical colleges. The undergraduate medico has to study all medical subjects in a course of 4.5 years. Furthermore, every government medical college in the country follows the same guidelines for reservation - both in UG and PG. In postgraduate courses, each department has equal and same reservation, although the number of seats may be different.

I would like to add that in PG, there are 11000 total seats in the country and about 25 to 30% of these (say, 3000) are for general candidates.

This part is worth mentioning: The reserved categories are allowed to intrude into the general quota if they have the required marks, but the converse is not true. So the actual number of seats may be less than my approximations.

Thanking You for your patience
nishant1110
24th January 2011, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

i m from bihar can i take admmi. in goverment coll
14th February 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

can u tell cut off of aipmt mains 2011
19th April 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

sir, my rank is 18425 in general category and 2050 in reservation.can i get any chance for admision in this year?
20th April 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have17870 th rank will i get seat 4 enpneering? How many seats r there 4 general category students?
2nd May 2011, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

i got 16000 air rank in aieee which nit i will get
5th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i am appearing for Uttrakhand CPMEE -2011. can i get the govt seat in medical colleges? tell me upto which rank govt seats are given
10th May 2011, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

how many seats are there for sc caste in ap eamcet
10th May 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

in which branch i will get if my rank is 18000 in 2011
11th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

How many seats...for SCRA 2011
12th May 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

which rank is necessary to get admission in nit goverment collage?
12th May 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

how many minimum marks are necessary in physics to get a rank in aieee?
14th May 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

For a rank of 35000-41000 in which colleges i can get admission
27th May 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

To get a merit seat for mbbs what rank is required
12th June 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i had 90.75% in diploma computer science department. Did i get seat in government colleges or not? This is my mobile number pls inform me sir 9842 393 424
15th June 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

how many government seats are reserved for sc category in upsee????
17th June 2011, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

sir how many seats are available in goverment colleges of punjab for general and how can they can get the direct admission in them?
16th July 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

how many seats reserved for sc categoiry ion diploma???????????????????
27th July 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

my AIR 269770, can i get NIT Institute, i belong to OBC catogory
7th September 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

what rank should one get to get admission in government medical college
3rd November 2011, 03:00 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

--> 27 per cent OBC.
3rd November 2011, 03:01 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

--> 27 per cent OBC.
7th November 2011, 04:47 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

you should first specify the discipline first whether in the case of engineering or the medical field ......
but then there is always more than 50% seats for the general category students.......
26th May 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

i belong to sebc category .my rank in 2012 medical entrance[keam] is 1125.where can i get admission?
8th July 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are available for general category students for mbbs in free seat in gujarat? my merit number is 912, are there chances for me to get admission in free seat in gujarat?
15th May 2013, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

how many seats of mbbs are available for general category in private medical colleges of punjab?
12th September 2014, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are available for general category students in government colleges of M.B.B.S in Gujarat?
28th June 2018, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir my tamilnadu MBBS(2018) rank is 3600(OC category). can I get any seat in tamilnadu government medical college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?