17th January 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

How many times can I appear for GATE exam? Age limit for appearing for GATE exam?

How many times can i appear in GATE exam?
What is the age limit for appearing in GATE?

19th January 2011, 11:55 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: How many times can I appear for GATE exam? Age limit for appearing for GATE exam?

There is no age limit and no maximum attempt limit for GATE.You can attain many times.But admission to M.Tech has age bar.
20th January 2011, 04:57 AM
darsh13s

Default Re: How many times can I appear for GATE exam? Age limit for appearing for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
GATE exam is conducted once every year. There is no Age Bar/limit for students.
You can appear as many times as you want every year.
Good luck
20th January 2011, 02:38 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,
As you are preparing for the gate exam you need to focus on the syllabus now.Start preparing now.

As for the eligibility you should be a bachelor's degree holders in engineering/technology/Architecture(4 years)(final and pre final years can also apply) or equivalent exam as that of UPSC or AMIE.

You can write this exam for more than two times.

For the age specification you have to be minimum 21 years.

regards,
yash
20th January 2011, 08:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

I have Inform You that, There is no limit on number of attempts in GATE exam. You Can Attempt GATE Exams Paper Number of Times You want And There is No Age Limit To Appear In GATE Entrance Exams.

So, If You Have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering/architecture/technology/pharmacy or Master degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Then You Are Eligible to appear In Gate Entrance Examinations.

And the Gate Score Card Are Valid Upto A Year. So, If You are Interested to apply for GATE Entrance Exams, then please apply for It, And dont worry About Number of Attempts.
20th January 2011, 09:05 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Dear Friend

Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering(GATE) Exam Has No Limit and No Age Relaxation ,but don't take that advantage try to prepare and clear in the First Attempt

Best of luck
20th January 2011, 09:14 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend.

there is no age limts for the gate exam.And there is no limits on numbers of

attempt.if you have interested apply the gate exam.there is no limits for

attempting the gate exam.
20th January 2011, 09:43 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

There is no such age limits and there are not any boundaries for the no. of attempts in GATE.
you can apply it for as many times as you want.
20th January 2011, 10:00 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

I had answered this question several times.

There are no limitation for appearing in GATE Exam .you can appear as many times you want but the score card are valid upto a years and you can take admission on the basis of your score card.

you just need to have a bachelor's degree in any field.

so don't worry about number of attempts .just try to give your best in the exam. you will definitely suceed.
20th January 2011, 10:16 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology(IITs) and Indian Institute of Sciences for the admission of students into various post graduate programs.

There is no age limit to appear for the GATE exam.

You can attempt for any number of times.

GATE score is valid for a period of one year.

Only thing that you have to fulfill is the academic qualifications. They are as follows
- Bachelors degree in engineering/Agriculture/technology
or
-Masters degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer applications/equivalent.
20th January 2011, 10:20 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No there is neither any age limit nor any limit on the number of attempts. you can appear when you are in final or prefinal year of your b.tech
20th January 2011, 11:43 PM
v.vishnu priya

is any government exam in 2011 and BE IIyear is eligible to write?
21st January 2011, 04:43 PM
daxter

Hello,

Dont worry There is nothing mentioned about number of attempts one can make in GATE exam. That is the best thing and there is no age limit too. As of now, the organizers don’t maintain the database of student taking GATE exam and use it to verify that every time.

The bottom line is you can make as many attempts to GATE exam as you want. There is no limit on number of attempts in eligibility for GATE exam.

The next question is about age limit for attempting GATE exam. I think there is no age limit either for appearing in GATE exam. I was referring to the GATE 2011 online application form. Exam seekers born during 1940 to 1995 are eligible to appear for the exam if the fulfill other eligibility conditions mentioned.

The information holds correct until the GATE exam organizers decide to change the eligibility conditions. I will try to update as soon as any modifications comes up in number of attempts to GATE or any changes in age are made.

so Best of luck
12th February 2011, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

I am a post graduate in space physics and electronics. Can I appear gate in computer science?
20th February 2011, 10:37 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

DEAR,
There is no age limit and no maximum attempt limit for GATE.
So,if you have a bachelor's degree in engineering or master degree in any branch of science/mathematics then you are eligible to appear in GATE entrance examination.
So,don't worry about number of attempts just try to give your best in the exam.

best of luck for your future.............
20th February 2011, 10:39 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

DEAR,
There is no age limit and no maximum attempt limit for GATE.
So,if you have a bachelor's degree in engineering or master degree in any branch of science/mathematics then you are eligible to appear in GATE entrance examination.
So,don't worry about number of attempts just try to give your best in the exam.

best of luck for your future.............
22nd March 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

what is maximum age limit to get admission in IITB through gate for M.Tech courses ? ? ?
30th April 2011, 10:35 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, there is nothing called an age limit in GATE exam you can attend until yuo get a good

score, prepare well best of luck.
1st May 2011, 11:00 PM
THE BLUE MONTER

There is no limit for appearing in Gate exam & there is no age limit in Gate exam
good luck
26th July 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

which book i preffered for gate?
31st October 2011, 07:31 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes..Gate does not bother whether you have backlogs or not..all you have to be doing 2nd or above year in four year courses, 3rd or above year in 5 year courses.
If you are a graduate..you can apply also.
As gate rank is valid for 2 years You can clear your backlogs by that time.
31st December 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

what are the minimum marks to clear ME gate exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?