20th July 2012, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

How many times is STET exam held in a year?

How many times does stet exam held ina year ?....please tell me how many times

23rd March 2015, 10:53 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: How many times is STET exam held in a year?

STET - State Teacher Eligibility Test held only once in a year

IT is conducted for qualifying in the post of teachers at the state level schools and colleges of the different states in India. The Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is conducted by the different states to select eligible and qualified candidates in the post of Primary School Teachers and Secondary School Teachers respectively. The candidates every year participate in huge numbers in the TET Exam for selection in the different schools including government- aided and unaided as well as private ones.
23rd March 2015, 06:04 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Brief on STET::
STET i.e. Special Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted for recruitment of Teachers at Secondary school levels. The exam is conducted through TET i.e. Teacher Eligibility test in most of the states of India. Eligible and qualified candidates from various states can apply for TET exam for Primary school teachers and Secondary school teachers respectively.

Eligibility criteria for different states TET is same as what i am going to discuss about Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test. The Conducting authority of MTET is Maharashtra State Council of Examination. This is for the recruitment of class 1 to 5 i.e. Primary school teachers and for 6th to 8th i.e. for secondary school teachers.

Applicants must have required eligibility criteria in order to write Maharashtra TET. Should have done graduation from recognized university or have done diploma in the Elementary education.

Exam has a specific pattern Paper I syllabus is based on Standard 1 to 5th and Paper II syllabus is based on 6th to 8th. If a candidate who wishes to become teachers for classes 1 to 8, have to write the paper I and II respectively.

Talking about number of times notifications come for TET exam is depends on state to state. Like TET Assam declares its notification once a year in the month of July August, similarly others are also declare their notification in these nearby months. So, you are requested to keep checking the official sites of particular board exam as you haven't mentioned for which TET you are asking about.
23rd March 2015, 08:59 PM
updater
Junior Member+

The exam is held twice a year and teachers can appear as many times as they want. Once qualified the teacher receives a CTET certificate valid for seven years. If the teacher does not change school, there is no need to reappear after the certificate expires.
31st March 2015, 08:52 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

STET Stands for Special Teacher Eligibility Test , Which is conducted Once in a year, it is held in different states according to their vacancy of post required.

There are some eligibility criteria for this post which are as follows....

The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university,The candidates should be a B.ed which is mandatory in This exam.

After qualifying from this exam one can be a teacher in a school , colleges , according to their specialization.
1st April 2015, 12:54 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

STET means State Teacher Entrance Test. It is primarily meant for recruitment of teacher. Usually, it is conducted annually by the State Government. Required educational qualification is graduation in any stream. Candidate must possess the B.Ed degree compulsorily. After cracking the examination, candidate is awarded with certain points or marks or ranking which subsequently helps in geting the job of teacher either in government sector or in private educational institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?