25th November 2011, 09:50 PM
mahe_uzma

How many types of PSU exams are going to be held? How can I get the application form? Names of the PSU exams?

how many types of psu exam are going to be held plz give detail? how i get the application form ? name of psu exams whose application form is available at present which i can fill?

16th July 2012, 09:10 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many types of PSU exams are going to be held? How can I get the application form? Names of the PSU exams?

Each PSU which means Public Sector Undertakings have exams of their own. There is no common entrance exam for PSU jobs. Each company mentioned below will have their own exam for different jobs. There is no specific period in which each PSU will release the job post. It mainly depends on the vacancies however in case of some organizations like ISRO and DRDO, the exams take place at specific time of the year.

Some of the PSU in India are:

ISRO

DRDO

IOCL

HAL

BEL

BHEL

NTPC

ONGC

INDIAN RAILWAYS

BEML

BPCL

BSNL

MTNL

Apart from Indian Railways most of the Public Sector Undertakings I mentioned above have exams of their own. The details related to the jobs and eligibility are made available by the PSU. In case of Indian Railways you will have to appear in exams like RRB and IES to get the job.

You can find out more about the exams via job ad that PSU companies post on the leading newspapers in India like Hindustan Times, Times of India etc. The entire admission process is mentioned on the job post. Alternatively you can check the official websites for the Public Sector Undertakings for the jobs.

However this would be very time consuming to go through website of every single PSU and find the jobs. The admission forms which you asked are also made available online on the official website of the PSU. In case it isn't then the job ad by the company will give you detailed information regarding how you may obtain the admission form.

Eligibility:

Since most PSU jobs are related to Engineering field, I am writing the eligibility for Engineering candidates:

1. You should have B.Tech degree from recognised university with at least 60 percent marks.

In case of SC/ST candidates the percentage requirement is 55 percent.

2. Your age should no be between 21 to 30 years. However this rule may not always apply and depends on the jobs and sometimes reserve category candidates are given relaxation.

3. GATE score is also very important. Most PSU these days require candidates to perform well in the GATE exam. In case you perform extremely well, you may not require to appear in entrance exam and may get direct entry.
8th October 2013, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How many types of PSU exams are going to be held? How can I get the application form? Names of the PSU exams?

mba prefare of psu exam plz tell me
7th November 2016, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get any of these government engineering job without writing GATE exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?