29th July 2010, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

How may I do PhD after completing M.Sc statistics from Guntur (AP)?

sir i am studying m.sc statistics second year in nagarjuna university guntur (a.p).
next i am doing ph.d. so please send some information.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.D after completing MSc statistics with 65%?
  2. List of colleges where I can pursue Ph.D in Demography? I have completing MSc in statistics
  3. What should I do next to do Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc degree in applied statistics?
  4. What all benefits are there in MSc Statistics course? How many colleges have MSc Statistics department?
  5. Can I study PhD in Statistics in IGNOU after completion of M.Com?
  6. Where to do PhD in statistics in India? In which all exams to appear?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in statistics after completion of B.Com course?
  8. Which course is in more demand between Ph.D in Statistics and Ph.D in Applied Statistics?
  9. Which is the entrance exam for MSc statistics
  10. What is the procedure to follow to do Ph.D after completing M.Sc course?
  11. Is there any way to do PhD in Agricultural statistics at Indian Statistical Institute? -- [New]
  12. Which universities allow Ph.D in electronics after completing MSc in Electronics with 74%?
  13. How to register for Ph.D after completing M.Phil Statistics? Is there any relaxation for the entrance test for the Ph.D? What are the advantages of M.Phil while doing Ph.D?
  14. Can I join the course in Meteorology after completing MSc in Statistics?
  15. Eligibility criteria to do MSc statistics? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. List of entrance exams to study PhD in Statistics? Percentage required in Post Graduation for admission?
  17. Is there facility to part time PhD in Statistics or Bio Statistics or Clinical Statistics?
  18. MSc medical microbiology and MSc genetics offering colleges in Krishna, Guntur, Prakasam District, AP?
14th August 2012, 10:42 PM
samatha89
Member+

Default Re: How may I do PhD after completing M.Sc statistics from Guntur (AP)?

M.Sc. - Ph.D. (Operations Research) Dual Degree

The M.Sc-Ph.D dual degree in Operations Research is an integrated doctoral programme, for those interested in a research oriented career. The programme is open for students with a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Statistics, and interested in research in engineering / interdisciplinary areas. The academic programme leading to the MSc-PhD dual degree involves foundation courses, advanced courses and research work. The candidate will be awarded both the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees simultaneously on successful completion of the program.

Admission Scheme: Admission for M.Sc-Ph.D in Operations Research is through the JAM exam. CLICK HERE for details on the admission procedure.

M.Sc-Ph.D Programme duration: Minimum of 5 years. The first 2 years of course work is towards an M.Sc. degree, followed by research work of a minimum of 3 years towards the Ph.D. degee.

Financial Support: Teaching Assistantship (TAship) will be provided from the first year onwards for a maximum of 6 years, subject to fulfillment of academic criteria and satisfactory research progress. The fellowship amounts are as follows:

Rs.6000 p.m. from date of joining till confirmation of Ph.D. registration.
Rs.12000 p.m. for one year after confirmation of Ph.D. registration.
Rs.14000 p.m. for the subsequent two years.
Rs.15000 p.m. for the remaining period.

Students who qualify in the national level exams conducted by UGC, JRF, CSIR, GATE, DBT and ICMR can avail of these fellowships from the commencement of Semester V.

Exit Policy: A candidate who fails to maintain a minimum CPI of 6.0 will have to leave the program. No degree will be awarded to such candidates. Also, candidate who choose to leave the program mid-way will not be awarded any degree.

Course Work: Coursework includes compulsory and elective courses spread over five semesters. CLICK HERE to view the M.Sc.-Ph.D. course structure and curriculum.

Ph.D. Qualifying Exam: Students need to take a PhD Qualifying exam during their third year.

Research progress: This will be monitored by a Research Progress Committee, mainly through an Annual Progress Seminar presented by the student.

M.Sc. project vis-a-vis Ph.D. topic: A student may continue his/her M.Sc. project for Ph.D. but may choose a different topic also
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?