25th April 2010, 01:49 PM
prashant112

How may i get admission directly in second year of B.Tech course in West Bengal? I am in B.Tech first year at Dr. MGR University

title admission
gulshan sir i want to tak admission in westbengal in direct second year i am ist year student in chennai dr mgr university tell me what to do.... its urgent

9th February 2012, 05:04 PM
bkbsuraj

Default Re: How may i get admission directly in second year of B.Tech course in West Bengal? I am in B.Tech first year at Dr. MGR University

You have to got 70% above without back.
9th February 2012, 06:30 PM
richikgt

Default Re: How may i get admission directly in second year of B.Tech course in West Bengal? I am in B.Tech first year at Dr. MGR University

Some private colleges in west bengal allow admission directly to 2nd yr btech course. It mainly depends on the field of your engineering course. you can try netaji subhas engineering college in kolkata which may issue admission if you provide necessary documents like your 1 st year mark-sheet.
Note that a very few private colleges in kolkata allow direct admission.
you can try these colleges in west bengal:

1. Netaji Subhas Engineering College
2. Vivekananda University ( Vivekananda ITI college)
3. Future Institute of Engineering and management
4. Techno India College of Engineering.
9th February 2012, 06:32 PM
arunsinghyadav786

in first year of your btech you should have atleast 90% marks and then you should have migration certificatefrom the same college,,,,and then only you can get admission in the colleges of west bengal directly un second year...
9th February 2012, 08:58 PM
redbios

hi...
have you done diploma in any engg. stream??? if not then i think you want to change your university after one year. if you have any approach in education deptt then you can take directly admission in 2nd year. i dont knw much about the universities and colleges of west but i can tell you a general procedure, i also had a friend she changed her university after first year from kurukshetra to M.D.U. she had approach there. It is also possible if u have any medical problem there and can be sorted out at new place where you want to join. this is the only procedure. And also if you have migration possibilities. There are always some options for students for migration listed under rules of universities. You can conceren that too. Other wise give exam next year and choose your college as you want
10th February 2012, 01:19 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To get direct admission B.tech course , one must have complete the diploam course..

After completion of diploma course , one has to qualify in lateral entry exams..

Through those lateral entry exams one can get direct admission in B.tech course.

Different states conduct different lateral entry exams...
In west Bengal lateral entry exams are like-

1.Polytechnic
2.Jelet
etc..

Through any of these exam you can apply for B.tech 2nd year directly..
So, get prepare for those lateral entry exams..

All the best.
17th March 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

If I want to migrate from one university to another directly in 2nd year of engineering can i do so??? i am a 1st year student...
5th May 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to ditect admission im 2nd year in Techno India college in Saltlake Kolkata.Now i am 1st year student in velh tech university chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?