26th April 2012, 10:10 PM
kalari ravindra babu

How may I join Indian Navy? I've completed B.Tech with 57% marks from Chalaptathi Institute of engineering and technology

sir
i am completed my b.tech in
the ageregade is 57% in chalapathi institute of eng and tech
the university is acharya nagarguna univarsity

21st May 2012, 07:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I join Indian Navy? I've completed B.Tech with 57% marks from Chalaptathi Institute of engineering and technology

After B.Tech you can join Indian Navy in technical positions. Graduation with PCM subjects is necessary to join Navy for officer positions. UPSC conducts CDS exam which candidates can attend as part of this. Minimum age limit to join Indian Navy is 19 years. Maximum age limit for this exam is 22 years. If you clear this exam, you will have to undergo a Physical test and personal interview also.
3rd June 2012, 05:02 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How may I join Indian Navy? I've completed B.Tech with 57% marks from Chalaptathi Institute of engineering and technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalari ravindra babu View Post
sir
i am completed my b.tech in
the ageregade is 57% in chalapathi institute of eng and tech
the university is acharya nagarguna univarsity
There is only entry scheme for you through which you can join Indian Navy as an officer i.e combined defence service examination. This examination is conducted twice in a year by the Union public service commission for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Navy, Air force and Army.The eligibility required for the combined defence service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the combined defence service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and navy should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age limit
Indian Military Academy 18-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on combined defence service examination you can also visit at the below web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2012, 06:47 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I join Indian Navy? I've completed B.Tech with 57% marks from Chalaptathi Institute of engineering and technology

Hai,

Yes you are eligible for indian navy after b.com through CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam,
This exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year i.e
CDS-I,

CDS-II.

Educational qualification:

Graduation or equivalent degreein any stream from any recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Nationality:

Citizen of india.

Age criteria:

For naval category 19 years to 22 years,

For airforce academy 19 years to 23 years,

For military academy 19 years to 24 years.,

For officer training academy 19 years to 25 years.

Important note:

Both male and female candidates are eligible.

You must be physically fit.

Selection process:

Written test,

Interview,

Medical test.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?