25th July 2011, 09:24 PM
sakthi preethi

How much salary can I get after M.Tech?

sir/madam
i had already prepared for iit but i was not able to crack it.my dream is to do m. tech in iit , nit . my parents tell me to do job after b.tech. but i don't want to leave iit again. help me regarding this. plzz don't mind me asking this question, how much salary do i get after m.tech . how much salary do i get after
b.tech. i am very confused .plzzz tell your suggestions regarding my question. plzzzzzzz answer as soon as possible

26th July 2011, 11:09 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much salary can I get after M.Tech?

obviously higher study is always good. your wish is to do M.Tech from IIT or NIT really it's a very good wish. i think you should try for it.

salary is not so much important for any job. job satisfaction is the main thing to join in a job. but still salary is important also.

there are difference in salary in between B.Tech candidates and M.Tech candidates. even for same job same position M.Tech candidates will be paid more than a B.Tech candidates.

but if any B.tech candidate directly go for Job and other one B.Tech candidates go for M.Tech study. now when he will complete his M.Tech the B.Tech candidate will get 2 years job experience. then B.Tech with 2 years job experience will be paid more than a M.Tech freshers. but if comparison is done between B.Tech freshers and M.Tech freshers then M.Tech fresher will be paid more.

if you want to M.Tech then don't leave your wish. if you do M.Tech from any IIT you will get more opportunity and obviously you will get good job with good salary. even after M.Tech you will be able to join as faculty in engineering institution if you like teaching profession.

best wishes.
26th July 2011, 11:30 AM
saurav9889

the salary for an m.tech engineer varies differently from instt. to instt. for e.g if you do your pg from iit's and nit's it will definately fetch u higher pay packages than if you do your pg from a lower ranked instt. moreover m.tech will lead u to jobs in research and development field and teaching jobs so if your ultimate aim is to earn money rather do an mba instead.
26th July 2011, 12:30 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after your m.tech you will get higher salary than b.tech .
but when a b.tech freshers will join a company in a campus selection he will get a salary 3lkh - 4.5lkh per annum.
after 2 yrs experience a b.tech candidates will get same salary or more salary as m.tech candidates .

good luck............
26th July 2011, 12:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthi preethi View Post
sir/madam
i had already prepared for iit but i was not able to crack it.my dream is to do m. tech in iit , nit . my parents tell me to do job after b.tech. but i don't want to leave iit again. help me regarding this. plzz don't mind me asking this question, how much salary do i get after m.tech . how much salary do i get after
b.tech. i am very confused .plzzz tell your suggestions regarding my question. plzzzzzzz answer as soon as possible

dear friend,

M-TECH is the top most masters degree and also the IIT is the top most institute.

previous year the minimum salary package for iit student is 4.2 and the maximum package is 16.2 .

but this package is vary from college by college also it will vary because of the engineering departments.

all the best
26th July 2011, 01:13 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, now a days there have many engineering holders.

so getting job in a technical field is very tuff.

but if you can get a mtech degree from IITS OR NITs then you can easily get chance in the very good company.

as well as you can join in R&D cell of various organization like DRDO, ISRO, BARC etc as well as in the private company too.

and definitely you will be get good remuneration.

all the best......
26th July 2011, 03:35 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, obviously after doing M.tech you will get a job with much higher salary rather than a B.tech holder..
As you want to do M.tech from IIT or NIT for that you have to score well in GATE..
After completion of your M.tech from IIT or NIT you can get a very good job with much higher post rather than a M.tech holder from any other college.

So doing M.tech from IIT's or NIT's is a very good decision..
After completion of M.tech from IIT or NIT you will get a job with a salary of more than R.s-35,000/-..

But if you get a job after completion of your B.tech then go for it... Now a days the market is very competitive.. It is very difficult to get a job..
so, if you get a job then continue it..
Because if you go for M.tech then it will take 2years to complete.
If you continue your job instead of doing M.tech you will gain experience of 2 years..
and experience B.tech holder is paid more than M.tech freshers..

So, now you decide what you want to do.

All the best..
26th July 2011, 04:18 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, obviously after doing M.tech you will get a job with much higher salary rather than a B.tech holder..
As you want to do M.tech from IIT or NIT for that you have to score well in GATE..
After completion of your M.tech from IIT or NIT you can get a very good job with much higher post rather than a M.tech holder from any other college.

After completion of M.tech from IIT or NIT you will get a job with a salary of more than R.s-35,000/-..

But if you get a job after completion of your B.tech then go for it... Now a days the market is very competitive.. It is very difficult to get a job..
If you continue your job instead of doing M.tech you will gain experience of 2 years..

All the best..
26th July 2011, 07:48 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...let me make it very clear to you that b.tech people from indian institute of technology get far more salary than the mtech students this is an fact which can not be denied ,as you have not don your graduation from iit then your salary after doing mtech from iits will be definately more than what you get now but let me inform you taht the palcement record of last years mtech students even in iits is not very good only the top few students got good jobs so if you want to join iits for mtech then you should prepare yourself to get the best average in the mtech course only then you will have good chance of getting an good job this is an fact even in iits ,
but the advantage of doing mtech would be that you will be getting an better recognition after few years of job than an btech students because some job require an mtech degree for must and also in government jobs you will be elegible for direct interviews rather than writing written exams first which an btech students should do
26th July 2011, 11:38 PM
brijeshgzp123

If you are completed M.tech from any iit's then you can get good salaries and satisfaction with your job.Salary is not so much important for any job. job satisfaction is the main thing to join in a job. but still salary is important also.

If any B.tech candidate directly go for Job and other one B.Tech candidates go for M.Tech study. now when he will complete his M.Tech the B.Tech candidate will get 2 years job experience. then B.Tech with 2 years job experience will be paid more than a M.Tech freshers.
27th July 2011, 07:23 PM
rana2011
Banned

It fully depans that from where you have passed.andscored of marks and experience on working of job.

If you do M.Tech from IIT or NIT really it's a very good value.

I any B.tech candidate directly go for Job and other one B.Tech candidates go for M.Tech study then, when he will complete his M.Tech the B.Tech candidate will get 2 years job experience.
So, naturally that B.Tech with 2 years job experience will be paid more than a M.Tech freshers.

If you do M.Tech from any IIT you will get more opportunity and obviously you will get good job with good salary.
After M.Tech you will be able to join as faculty in engineering institution if you like teaching profession.

Best of luck!
27th July 2011, 08:35 PM
kunjeyan5282

salary is not so much important for any job. job satisfaction is the main thing to join in a job. but still salary is important also.

there are difference in salary in between B.Tech candidates and M.Tech candidates. even for same job same position M.Tech candidates will be paid more than a B.Tech candidates.

but if any B.tech candidate directly go for Job and other one B.Tech candidates go for M.Tech study. now when he will complete his M.Tech the B.Tech candidate will get 2 years job experience. then B.Tech with 2 years job experience will be paid more than a M.Tech freshers. but if comparison is done between B.Tech freshers and M.Tech freshers then M.Tech fresher will be paid more.

if you want to M.Tech then don't leave your wish. if you do M.Tech from any IIT you will get more opportunity and obviously you will get good job with good salary. even after M.Tech you will be able to join as faculty in engineering institution if you like teaching profession.Generally M.TECH is paid 45,000 starting salary.
8th August 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

dont do mtech rather go for mba
i completed btech and mtech from nit durgapur but still i am jobless
be pratcial dont fall for the biotech its total bullshit
14th August 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

i have passed out my 12 by pcm stream now what should i do bba or b tech i m confused
26th August 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

how much salary does drdo offers at the initial level
8th October 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

I am doing m.tech biotechnology from amity university and how much i will get salary as a m.tech fresher after completion of m.tech degree
10th November 2011, 04:15 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend
There is difference in salary in between B.Tech candidates and M.Tech candidates. even for same job same position M.Tech candidates will be paid more than a B.Tech candidates.

if you want to do M.tech then go for it. if you do M.Tech from any IIT you will get more opportunity and obviously you will get good job with good salary. even after M.Tech you will be able to join as faculty in engineering institution if you like teaching profession.
10th November 2011, 04:28 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend
There is difference in salary in between B.Tech candidates and M.Tech candidates. even for same job same position M.Tech candidates will be paid more than a B.Tech candidates.

if you want to do M.tech then go for it. if you do M.Tech from any IIT you will get more opportunity and obviously you will get good job with good salary. even after M.Tech you will be able to join as faculty in engineering institution if you like teaching profession.
10th November 2011, 07:25 PM
shreenath p

it will be always recomended that u first complete ur M.Tech from recomended institute
payee offer depend on ur institute campus selection and ur academics
11th November 2011, 12:16 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

If you are doing M.Tech its indeed very nice. Let me tell you a few facts about M.TECH.
A study has found out that in India, only 1 % of the educated people are M.Tech's.
So this course gets you in those esteemed 1 % of the educated population.

Next, if you measure in terms of the knowledge, a M.Tech is much more knowledgeable than an ordinary B.Tech. So there also you are advanced.

Ya but for this course you have to dedicate two more years than a B.tech.

Now coming to the salary part, the salary that you get depends on certain things :

1. Your knowledge
2. Your qualifications
3. The university from where you have done your degrees.
4. Your awareness, attitude, smartness, and X factors.
5. Luck

So if you are doing your master's from a good college, then you would definitely get a starting salary ranging from 4.2 to 12 lacs. It depends on these factors.

So all the best, and may you get placed in the best package that you deserve.

All the best.

Regards
RJ
15th November 2011, 10:49 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

but if you can get a mtech degree from IITS OR NITs then you can easily get chance in the very good company.

as well as you can join in R&D cell of various organization like DRDO, ISRO, BARC etc as well as in the private company too.

15th November 2011, 10:50 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

12th December 2011, 02:53 PM
Manigandan.ma
Member+

Dear friend,There are lots of option after m.tech.When you are graduated with b.tech,you have less chance to get a handsome salary.Because nowadays india produce lakhs of engineering graduates every year.so it is not possible that every engineering graduate will get a handsome salary.so i suggest you to do m.tech as that will give you a handsome when it is done at reputed institutions.m.tech graduates at iits will get average salary of 10 lakhs per annum.all the best.
5th February 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

is their any govt. Job for iit mtech student, bec their is a written exam for govt. Job, so tell me what type of govt job get iit student not private and also not teaching job.
8th February 2012, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

BTech with 2 years experience is normally paid more than a Mtech fresher.But if you are pursuing your M.tech from IIT/ ISI/ NIT then you can get chance to get double package than a btech- 2 yr exp guy from campus recruitment . This is all about the chance. If you dont get that chance , dont disappoint at all.Think, your profile is like a zip file.you have to unzip your profile once you will get the chance in future. Many good companies (not indian) only recruit Mastes for their specific job roles.keep an eye on those companies.
11th February 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

HI Guys I'm Rajan.
Actually i'm BCA from IGNOU with 63 Percent of Marks & Doing MCA from IGNOU last Sem. student.
Given MAT & CAT this year in 2011.
Got 72 Percentile in Dec Mat 2011 and getting calls from different colleges like JIMS Rohini, NIILM, IILM, ALLIANCE, and some other.
but these all are not top class MBA Colleges .
so Thinking about M.Tech As well in CS. bcoz my computer domain knowledge is very good as my teacher say this.
and that's why i'm pretty much confused that should i go for MBA from these kind of okay okay colleges or should i plan to do M.Tech from IIT, NIT.
i'm 100 percent sure that i can crack the GATE with very good marks as i have attempted lots of MOCK test for this..
Kindly Suggest me should i do MBA or M.Tech
20th February 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a Btech with 2 years of job experience in IT. Would it be an intelligent decision to do Mtech as I am interested in R&D. Also please refer some good institute where I can complete my masters in correspondence ( as I am working ). Does Mtech in correspondence have good value?
21st February 2012, 03:01 AM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: How much salary can I get after M.Tech?

Quote:
sir/madam
dear friend it is better to pursue m.tech after your b.tech, try to convince your parents, or you can do m.tech by working part time in the same collage as assistant to professor or lab. in-charge, regarding salary it depends upon your capacity, if your extremely good in your academics and your knowledge in your concerned branch then you can earn a minimum of 8000/month to 1lac/ month being a fresher
best of luch
21st February 2012, 11:28 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

After your M.Tech you will get higher salary than B.Tech
but when a b.tech freshers will join a company in
a campus selection he will get a salary 3lak-4.5laks per annum.
After 2 yrs experience a
B.Tech candidate will get
same salary or more salary as M.Tech candidates.
The salary for an M.Tech engineer varies differently from institute to institute for example if you done your PG from IIT and NIT it will be definately fetch you higher pay packages than if you done your PG from a lower ranked institute moreover
M.tech will lead you to jobs in research and development field.
18th March 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Hcl job vs gate rank3524
22nd March 2012, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

which coaching is best for GATE preparation after Engineering and from where?
16th April 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing BE from rgpv . and i m a first year student . i have missed a very great opportunities to prepare for iit.but now i wanna do mtech from iits . so please tell me the procedure and also whether i m correct or not and also how much i must get in GATE to easily get admission in iits for mtech .Please please reply back soon.
18th April 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

how much a m.tech student can get an yearly package after doing m.tecdh throgh get exam
12th June 2012, 11:38 AM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear
obviously higher study is always good. your wish is to do M.Tech from IIT or NIT really it's a very good wish. i think you should try for it.

if you want to M.Tech then don't leave your wish. if you do M.Tech from any IIT you will get more opportunity and obviously you will get good job with good salary. even after M.Tech you will be able to join as faculty in engineering institution if you like teaching profession.

best wishes.
thank you
13th June 2012, 07:10 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

Hi dear friend,

If you are doing M.Tech its indeed very nice. Let me tell you a few facts about M.TECH.
A study has found out that in India, only 1 % of the educated people are M.Tech's.
So this course gets you in those esteemed 1 % of the educated population.

Next, if you measure in terms of the knowledge, a M.Tech is much more knowledgeable than an ordinary B.Tech. So there also you are advanced.

Ya but for this course you have to dedicate two more years than a B.tech.

Now coming to the salary part, the salary that you get depends on certain things :

1. Your knowledge
2. Your qualifications
3. The university from where you have done your degrees.
4. Your awareness, attitude, smartness, and X factors.
5. Luck

So if you are doing your master's from a good college, then you would definitely get a starting salary ranging from 4.2 to 12 lacs. It depends on these factors.

So all the best, and may you get placed in the best package that you deserve.

thanks
13th June 2012, 07:22 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear friend,

All the best.
thanks
8th July 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

how much salary i will get in teaching after m.tech from NIT ??
17th September 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

my son is likely to complete-2013 his M.Tech in Electrical (power electronics & drives) from private deemed university. He completed his B.E (EEE). i am worrying his getting job no problem he will carry good percentage i.e more than 70%. His priority is to go in industrial sector if not lastly he will go for teaching line. . does not matter how much salary he will get, main thing is his getting satisfaction job. Can u say few encouragement / fruittful words in this regard about his getting job. We need job urgently after completion his M.Tech.
18th January 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

i am MCA 2005 passout & Actually 5 Years IT experience and also i am switch in teaching sector and if i am completed Mtech CS how much salary getting in Engineering collage lucknow UP.

Please give me better advise.

Regards
praveen
[email protected]
19th January 2013, 12:11 AM
babanpreet

Quote:
sir/madam

It depends upon the field in which you are working.

If you are working in any Institution or College then M.Tech is beneficial as Institutions and Colleges appoint M.Tech students and their salary is also good comparative to B.tech

If you are working in a company, then experience plays a great role.Also ,for company MBA degree is beneficial rather than M.tech
13th March 2013, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

i have done diploma in computer science and b.tech in electronics and communication .....i am a fresher please suggest me in which field i will get more salary and good position
3rd April 2013, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

studying M Tech in China good college then how much salary I may get...??
20th May 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 2nd year doing mtech from NIT TRICHY...How can i apply for r&d in drdo,isro,barc??Plz reply me in my email [email protected]
20th May 2013, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

how can i apply for r&d sectors in drdo,isro,barc??
27th August 2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

sir,am intrested to do mtech in iit's or nit's last time i appeared for gate without any preparation and i attempted it directly i got 14 marks in gate..i have completed btech(CSE) with 77 aggregate. i am i able to get seat in iits or nits?
and how much marks should i get in gate to get seat in iits and nit's?
i heard that it is not that much better to do mtech in nit's?
and what will be the situation if i do mtech in central universities and will be the minimum salary package i get if i complete mtech in iit's,nit's and central universities?
as i was from cse background is it better to do mtech?if yes which branch is better?
and what sholuld i do to get a job in isro,drdo,and barc.?
plz give me reply as soon as possible and i have lot of questions in my mind ?
14th September 2013, 05:36 AM
Unregistered

How much salary will I get after completing BE M.Tech?
14th September 2013, 01:34 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How much salary can I get after M.Tech?

Quote:
sir/madam
Hi

This is indeed very nice and studious of you to think about doing M.Tech from the IIT's and NIT's. As we all know that these are the best engineering and technical studies institutes in India.. There are a lot of students who crave to be a part of these organizations be it any course.

You must be aware that M.Tech is the Masters in Technology course and needs GATE Score for you to get admission in any of the top universities and colleges in India. As you mentioned that you were not able to clear it, and you parents are telling you to work that is totally up to you.

But I must inform you that after doing B.Tech you may get a job of 2.75 lacs to 3.50 lacs in some good IT company. But again the M.Tech would be left of you join any company because of work pressure.

On the other hand, if you choose M.Tech and get through any of the top notch colleges, your life would be a little different. I wont say that M.Tech students get jobs worth lacs, but yes the growth prospective for them are certainly much more than the B.Tech candidates. There would be greater opportunities, higher pays but the initial salary won't differ much. You can get starting salaries in the range of 3.5 lacs to 4.8 lacs.

Now the whole decision lies on what you wish to do. GATE has no limits and so you can try and try till you succeed. You can try for the GATE if you do not have financial problems at your home. Otherwise you may join any of the good IT Companies like Wipro, TCS, Infosys, and start your career.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
Ranjeet
14th September 2013, 04:40 PM
abc56
Junior Member+

it entirely depend upon your communication,technical skills and resume.
14th September 2013, 07:17 PM
santhosh29

Hi Friend

After M.Tech you can able to two kind of Field

Lecturing Jobs.
Jobs in software company jobs

If you go lecturing field you get minimum salary : RS 20,000/- to 30,000/-

If you go Company jobs you get miniimum salary : RS 15,000/- to 40,000/-

ATH THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14th September 2013, 10:08 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

Salary depend on the basis of institution from which you have completed course and how much cgpa you got.
If you have done really well then you can definately get aroudg 6-8 lakhs per annum for cs students.
People who have done M Tech from iit or nit or bits will definately get huge package.
But on average you can get from 4-7 lakhs.

Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?