17th January 2017, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

How much should I score in Intermediate to get admission in B.Tech? Which Branch is best for pursuing B.Tech?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and after completing it I want to pursue B.Tech so I want to know how much should I score in Intermediate to get admission in B.Tech? Which Branch is best for pursuing B.Tech? Please answer as soon as possible.

18th January 2017, 06:25 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much should I score in Intermediate to get admission in B.Tech? Which Branch is best for pursuing B.Tech?

To get admission in B.Tech course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Admissions in B.Tech course are done through National or State or University level engineering entrance examinations.

You need to appear and qualify the entrance examination and participate in counselling process according to your examination rank and you will be allotted a seat in a particular college for pursuing B.Tech course. There is no best or worst branch in Engineering, each and every branch of engineering has its own significance and opportunities, so, I suggest you to choose any branch in B.Tech of your interest for pursuing your higher studies.
18th January 2017, 11:11 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How much should I score in Intermediate to get admission in B.Tech? Which Branch is best for pursuing B.Tech?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of four years which is divided into eight semesters.

The basic educational requirement for pursuing B.Tech degree course from AICTE approved engineering college is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education. Equivalent degree holders are also eligible.

Further for pursuing the same course from top technical institutes like CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology ) such as IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM etc or private colleges like BITS, VIT, SRM you will have to qualify entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .

As far as you are concerned about the best branches then some of the popular branches of B.Tech degree courses are Electrical and Electronics , Electrical and Communication, Computer Science. Civil, Mechanical, Petrochemical.
18th January 2017, 11:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and it is four year duration course after 12th std.

The admission in course is offered after qualifying in entrance examination conducted by CBSE and IIT, State Education Board, and private institutions.

The basic eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper. The minimum aggregate varies with examination.

There are several stream for pursuing course but candidates opts stream as according to their interest. Some available options are :-

Civil.

Mechanical.

Electrical.

Computer Science.

Electrical and Electronics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?