12th August 2013, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

How much should be my score to get into IIT Kharagpur

what should be my score to get into iit,kharagpur.(Score in iit-jee)

14th July 2014, 09:56 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How much should be my score to get into IIT Kharagpur

It depends upon the stream you wish to pick. It changes every year and there are 40 courses that IIT Kharagpur offers. For Aerospace Engineering, the opening rank is 2499, chemical engineering its 1627, civil engineering 1999, computer engineering its 240. You need to clear the IIT JEE exam to get into the IITs. You have to score above 60 per cent aggregate in class 12. For getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?