18th January 2015, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for GATE 2015 Computer Science?

hello.. m a computer science student in ptu.. i hav just started my sem 5 and i want to start up with the proper prep for gate so that i can crack and get good score in 2015(final yr). i am a hostellr so cant take up coaching please guide me which portion to start as i hav a year for self study.. ill join coaching in 7th sem, my maths is a lil weak so is dre a need to revise all topics frm 1, 2?? i need guidance to make up my mind properly so plz tell me abt the books to follow..thanks

18th January 2015, 10:23 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE 2015 Computer Science?

Based on your qualification (B.Tech 5th Semester) you can not appear for GATE 2015 Examination. You can appear for next year GATE 2016 Examination, and since there is lot of time you can start good preparation from now onwards. As there is lot of time, you no need to go for GATE coaching classes at this level. But remember, you must take help of best coaching institute at 07th or 08th semester to secure good marks in GATE exam. Yes, GATE examination covers subject which you studied in B.Tech 1 & 2 years, and subjects that you will study in 3rd and 4th years too. So I suggest to get GATE syllabus for Computer Science Engineering, start your strong preparation with subjects in B.Tech 1st and 2nd years. And as you are in 3rd year, try to concentrate on important topics till your completion of 4th year. So that this method would ease your preparation, solve as many model/ previous papers as you can. Here are the best books to prepare for GATE Computer Science Engineering.

Best books for Computer Engineering for GATE 2015 exam:

>> GATE Computer Science and Information Technology by GK Publication
>> GATE Computer Science and Information Technology solved papers by Arihant Publication
>> GATE Computer Science & Information Technology (23 years GATE solved papers with thorough Explanations) by "Made Easy Publication"
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?