1st April 2012, 07:53 PM
Pavani66

How to prepare for general awareness and GK?

Hi sir,,,plz guide me how to prepare general awareness and GK as I am working mother ,,,want to get career in bank sector,,,,I am confident with other parts like - QA , Reasoning , English , computer knowledge. plz suggest me

Thanks
Pavani

2nd April 2012, 11:55 AM
indianstar
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for general awareness and GK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavani66 View Post
Hi sir,,,plz guide me how to prepare general awareness and GK as I am working mother ,,,want to get career in bank sector,,,,I am confident with other parts like - QA , Reasoning , English , computer knowledge. plz suggest me

Thanks
Pavani
For general awareness and GK one will have to read daily 4 to 5 newspapers, listen regional, national and international news once in a day. Competition success review, General Knowledge books once in a month will do.
2nd April 2012, 12:15 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Not only for Bank Exams but for all competitive exams, General Awareness has become an important area.

Unlike Reasoing, Quantitative Aptitude, there is no fixed syllabus to prepare for this area and to gain more marks in this area.

But, with proper planning, if you prepare for this area with good content, obviously you can score high marks from this area in various competitive exams.

To be strong enough in General Awareness, be thorough with the following aspects
-National affairs
-International affairs
-Bilateral affairs
-Sports
-Persons in News
-People in News
-Books and Authors etc.

Read news papers and watch news channels regularly ang collect the important notes on these aspects.

In addition, I suggest you to go through various magazines like
-Banking Services Chronicle
-Mahindra Publications

You can also prepare Current affairs of YES publications.

Try to discuss various points on these aspects with you friends, lectures and other known persons so that there is a more chance for you to learn other points which you are not aware of and which will be useful for you.

Try to update the knowledge on these aspects regulary which is very vital to score high marks in this area in competitive exams.

Have good preparation of above aspecs and follow my guidelines and wish you all the best for your exam.
2nd April 2012, 02:00 PM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello Mam,
For improving your G.K. you have to read newspaper daily and atleast watch news for an hours. This will help you to imrove you G.K.
All the Best.
2nd April 2012, 11:04 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for general awareness and GK?

Hi,
to increase your ability in GK you should do something which is so simple but should have to pay great attention.
1.read newspapers daily and give attention to current affairs in politics, business,foreign affairs,scientific & technological news.
2.go through your surroundings to get a glance in our country's democratic system.
3.refer year books,publications related to current affairs, journals dealing with politics, history,etc.
Best wishes.
15th July 2013, 04:21 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

the best and easy way to prepare for general awareness is watching news channel and news paper.
you may refer both daily news and business news

you may follow the following general awareness books

1. pratiyogita darpan- monthly.
2. competition success review- monthly.
3. unique general studies.
4. general knowledge- arihant publication.
5. general knowledge by tarun goyal.

you may look for the following magazine
- Current Affair
- India Today
- Competitive Success

You may also follow Manoroma

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?