3rd March 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam after 10th? What is the meaning of IAS?

how can i prepair ias exame after 10th and what is the meaning of ias

4th May 2013, 05:22 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after 10th? What is the meaning of IAS?

IAS Exam i.e. Indian Administrative Exam
IAS exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
To become IAS officer you need to complete your studies i.e. after 10th complete 11th & 12th,then complete Graduation from a recognized university.Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.
  • You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.
  • You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.
  • It’s important to have some reading habits as that will help you to keep yourself updated about the current affairs. Read lots of magazines.Also you should be strong in aptitude and the subjects that you have chosen or will choose.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2013, 04:23 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after 10th? What is the meaning of IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i prepair ias exame after 10th and what is the meaning of ias
Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

This Exam conducted under Civil Service Examination by the Union Public Service Commission

sorry , you are not eligible for Indian Administrative Service exam after completing 10th std.....

For applying CSE (Civil Service Exam) you require following Qualification.....

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for Indian Administrative Service exam...

Final years student also apply for it....

Age Limit:

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

There is 3 years relaxation for OBC....

SC/ST are eligible for up to 5 years relaxation in upper age limit....

No. Attempt:

There are only 4 attempts available for General category For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit.....

Exam Pattern:
1)Prelim Exam , 2 , 3)Main Exam
Personal Interview....

All the best....

5th May 2013, 07:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS means Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

It is necessary to prepare for IAS after 10th standard but after 12th it is advisable to start preparation accordingly for IAS along with the regular studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th July 2014, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

sir is there any need of marks% in intermediate and graduation to apply for IAS????.
12th May 2015, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of commerce and 12th passed can I became IAS officer?
23rd June 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

To become IAS what do I need to do. I mean I want to know more about all the information
14th January 2016, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for getting free choching for IAS . and what is the syllabus for that
13th May 2016, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir my subject is commerce with math can I apply for IAS exam in future
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?