22nd December 2011, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard?

hello, i am studying in the 10th standard. i just want to know how to prepare really well for the ias exams,what magazines to read,which newspapers to be regular with? do only brilliant students get to go for the ias exams?

23rd December 2011, 09:43 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard?

You can start with any national newspaper like The Times of Indian or
The Hindustan Times or The Hindu. The Hindu is the most preferred newspaper
for civil services examination.
Once you are in good habits of reading one newspaper then you should start
reading Economics Times too.
You should be making notes of important points which are supposed to be remembered.
You must revise NCERT books of Science and Social Studies starting from Std. VI.

Magazines
The magazines useful for Civil Services Examination are;
The Chronicle
Competition Success Review
India Today
Pratiyogita Darpan
23rd December 2011, 01:34 PM
Hours

Default Re: Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard?

Read editorial page in newspapers
the times of india.
hindustan times.

As you are quite young
competition success is the best magazine for you

it would be good start at 10th class for IAS.
23rd December 2011, 03:43 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The list of best magazines to prepare for civil service exams are as follows:-

1.Competition Refresher

2.Competition Success Review

3.Civil Service Chronicle

4.Chanakya civil service Today

You can also follow newspapers to increase your general awareness..
I will suggest you to read any national newspapers like- Times of India, The Hindu etc..

You can go for any of these..

All the best.
20th February 2012, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing BTECH ECE IInd yr, pls. advise book/magazine to help us to crack IAS entrance exam. ASHISH TIWARI
2nd March 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

how can i buy competition success review? what is its subscription cost?
7th March 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

I am moving to class 12 this year and i am preparing for iit-jee in kota what are the guidelines for me to prepare for I.A.S. Examination at this lavel
11th April 2012, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Mohan tiwari completed B.E ,What way to prepare ias exam and which magzine preffered pleare sugest.
11th April 2012, 09:44 PM
aarohi345

Smile Re: Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello, i am studying in the 10th standard. i just want to know how to prepare really well for the ias exams,what magazines to read,which newspapers to be regular with? do only brilliant students get to go for the ias exams?
Hey it's not necessary that only top institute student crack the exams,depends only on your dedication and preparation level.You can opt for pratiyogita kiran magazine that is widely famous among the ias aspirants of Bihar and other states. work hard and that to smartly
14th April 2012, 05:10 PM
maya_sarabhai

Hi

IAS is an acronym for Indian Administrative service.UPSC Will conducts the IAS exam every year.

Eligibility:

-You have to done your graduation with 50% of marks in any recognized university.
-Your age should in between 21-30 years.
You must be a citizen from India.

If you fulfill those qualifications you are eligible for IAS exam.
Then according to your query you have to spends 6-8 hrs per a day.
You will make the practice.So practice makes man's perfect.You can practice practice and practice.Then only you will crack the IAS exam.

Good luck.....
14th April 2012, 06:52 PM
monisha_sarabhai

You must have graduation.
Means you have to graduate to appear in the exam of IAS.
Age limit-
21 to 30 year.
SC/ST-5 year relaxation in upper age
OBC-3 year relaxation in upper age.
15th April 2012, 02:11 AM
maya_sarabhai

hello . .

Top Civil Services Coaching Institutes in Bihar

Actwel IAS Study Center

Chauhan IAS Studies Circle

Sankalp Civil Coaching

Chronicle Civil Services Academy

East & West Academy

good luck . . .
15th April 2012, 05:48 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard?

Quote:
The important factor of succeeding on an exam is the knowledge of the content, structure of the exam and the process. This is one of the exams that are carried by the Union Public Service commission.

There have been a few changes made in the initial screening exam.so you must keep in touch with magazines, newspapers, news journals and any other new source.

you should spend some hours on this to know about economic, political, international affairs and other current events.

As a lot of study materials are available in the net, you can study online or they can join in the private Institute if they desire. you need to prepare hard in order to get into next phase.

For optional subjects, you should select the subject in which he or she has more knowledge and greater interest.

Remembering the facts is most important. you should develop a good understanding of the facts and their implications in the context of India and the world.

There are many guide books that are obtainable in the market. They can get those books and start preparing. The strategy for success includes early and continuous preparation.

GOOD LUCK
15th April 2012, 08:10 AM
rounak_online

Smile Re: Which Magazines and News Papers to read to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 10th standard?

Dear friend
Thats great, that you are stepping forward at initial level and thinking about IAS.
For preparation of IAS all preferred materials are :
1. Newspaper: The Hindu
2. Magazine: i) Competition success review.
ii) Pratiyogita Darpan
iii) Chronicle
Make a media file.
Cut down all daily important news if you cant write them in dairy.
Have all book aof sc. and social sc. from 6 - 12th ready. ok
And most importamt of all trust yourself.
thanks
15th April 2012, 12:22 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
Current Affairs - Some magazines and Newspapers for I.A.S:-
> The Hindu/The Times of India
> Frontline
> Civil Service Chronicle
> Chanakya
> Competition WIZARD
> Civil Services Today

Guides for I.A.S exam:-
1. Tata Mc Graw Hill
2. Spectrum
3. Unique
14th May 2012, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM M.SC IN ZOOLOGY NOW I AM WORKING IN DRDO , I WANTVTO GO IN CIVIL SERVICES. JUST I HAVE STARTED PREPARATIONS.. ,BUT IN MAINS I AM NOT MAKING DECISION ABOUT SUBJECT CHOOSING .IF THERE IS ZOOLOGY IS A SCORING SUBJECT IN MAINS .ANOTHER SUBJECT I WANT TO CHOOSE HINDI LIT. OR SOCIOLOGY FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE GOOD INTEREST IN BOTH SUBJECTS,HOWEVER I AM A SCIENCE BACK GROUND STUDENT.
PL. TELL ME BEST MAGAZINES(MONTHLY) FOR PREPARATION & BEST NEWS PAPER.
15th May 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i am doing by 2nd be eee. i want to know what all books i have to read for ias exams
27th May 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

plz suggest me d best institute or ias preparation in chandigarh
23rd June 2012, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

which hindi newspaper we should read for civil services prepration?
8th July 2012, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

sir/mam,
I am completed my graduation. I wise to take a exam of civil service. Plz give a list of magzine's n news paper for g.k reading
14th July 2012, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

tell me the best magzine and news paper which should be study for ias preparation on my e mail id [email protected]
16th July 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for civils?
22nd July 2012, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i am student of b.a ...and my 12th finel in mathmatic scince so me tell how pripar civil service ....
29th July 2012, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

which magazines to read to prepare for ias?
10th August 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am a graduate student from science stream. Please tell me, how to apply for IPS Exam. and how to prepare for it.??
21st August 2012, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

iam studying bitech 3rd year and in what way i have to start preparation of civil
31st August 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I,'m a 10th std student. I'm quite brilliant in history, politicsand literature. which stream should I opt in 12th ? I aspire to become an IAS officer.
13th September 2012, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

Just i m doing mech engg in b.tech fro
m p.t.u..nd i want be ias officer.plz give me suggestion for prepare of ias exam.
18th October 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I want to study for IAS. I am working for a company so it's very difficult to get even 5hrs time for the study. Can anyone please suggest me some better approach to manage work and study time.
18th October 2012, 06:00 PM
gpln

I want to study for IAS. I am working for a company so it's very difficult to get even 5hrs time for the study. Can anyone please suggest me some better approach to manage work and study time.
23rd November 2012, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Magazines ------

COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW

PRATIYOGITA DARPAN

CIVIL SERVICES CHRONICLES

And for general knowledge i prefer ARIHANT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE 2012-13-- this book will provide you basic knowledge about history, geography, indian polity and economy. By my knowledge , you can give an attempt of 60-70% in IAS prelim by reading this book Competition success review year book.

best of luck..
15th December 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

sir actuly i m doing bca. so, for ias prepration what should i do.to apply it.
16th December 2012, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

any change in ias main? Which type changies take place ?
2nd January 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

hw many magzines we use for the preparation for ias exam one or many?
16th January 2013, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

i am from punjab and my main aim is my state level examination.
i used to read hindustan times and i can devote as much time i can.
but recently i have shifted to reading the hindu.
now i dont like reading newspaper,i am not at all friendly with the pattern.
the only thing that we need the hindu is because of its unbiased approach,rest the same news are even covered in hindustan times.so can't i read hindustan times and taste success with it.
16th January 2013, 04:07 PM
preet simar

i am from punjab and my main aim is my state level examination.
i used to read hindustan times and i can devote as much time i can.
but recently i have shifted to reading the hindu.
now i dont like reading newspaper,i am not at all friendly with the pattern.
the only thing that we need the hindu is because of its unbiased approach,rest the same news are even covered in hindustan times.so can't i read hindustan times and taste success with it.
3rd February 2013, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

i am 12 class student and i am preparing for jkcet but my 11 portion is very week how can i crack jkcet
24th February 2013, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for I A S exam being a candidate of b a 1st yr in [arabic],plz sir suggest me
5th March 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

hi
my name is deshraj meena. i'm preparing for ias exam and appearing b.tech 2nd year mechanical engg. in iit rajasthan,please suggest me how to prepare for ias exam and usefull magazine name for helpful in ias exam.........
23rd April 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir
My name is Bharat indu tiwari.i belongs to a small town near gurdaspur punjab. please advice me that which magzines and newspapers i must start with of??
i had recently completed my 12th commerce..
24th April 2013, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

which are the best books for preparing prelims.
24th April 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

My aim to clear Haryana civil services suggest me study matirial
18th May 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

I am not so well in maths and subjects related to maths.But my aim is to become an i.a.s officer can i achive my goal.Now i am in class 9th
NOT WELL IN MATHS IS A PROBLEM FOR MY AIM?
18th May 2013, 07:40 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility for IAS-

Candidate must have graduate degree in any stream from recognised university for appearing in IAS exam
Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years for general categories.
Relaxation for obc is 3 year and for sc/st is 5 year.

In IAS exam only four attempts for general,for obc 7 attempts and no limit for sc/st.

These are good books, Magazine and news papers for preparing ias exam-

The Hindu
Hindustan Times
NCERT Book
India Today
Pratiyogita Darpan

28th May 2013, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am in class 10, too good in maths. wat r the sbjcts dt i shd opt for in class 11 provided i am an ias aspirant
3rd June 2013, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My name is anuja naidu i am in class 10 l like social studies good in same which magzines shd I prefer and which optional sub shd I choose Plz guide
7th June 2013, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

i am completing my graduation last year,so pls tell me what is best to read like newspaper n magzine.
16th June 2013, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

which is a best coaching classes in M.P. For IAS
16th June 2013, 07:40 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend these are good Magazine and News papers for preparing IAS exam are:-

- The Hindu

- Hindustan Times

- India Today

- Pratiyogita Darpan

- Competition Success Review

- Civil Services Chronicles etc.

All the best.......
28th June 2013, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I am in BA -1 and i have opted economics, public administration , psychology as my subjects and I want to start preparing for civil services. So how should I start the mode of my preparation. Please suggest me ways of preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?