10th April 2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?

Hii,i am a bums students and i want to become IAS officer,how should i prepare for IAS and what are tha subjects in IAS?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  2. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
  3. How to prepare for IAS course parallel to B.Tech? Books to be referred for IAS course?
  4. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  5. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  6. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  7. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  8. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  9. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  11. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  12. How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?
  13. Which are the appropriate subjects for IAS Exam? How to prepare for IAS Exam?
  14. What are the main terms for IAS?
  15. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  16. Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10+2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?
  17. How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?
  18. Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?
12th April 2014, 11:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hii,i am a bums students and i want to become IAS officer,how should i prepare for IAS and what are tha subjects in IAS?
Hey friend,

Having completed BUMS - Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery you are eligible for the IAS exam which is one of the Indian Civil Service Exam and this exam is held every year and is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

ELIGIBILITY NEEDED:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

To be in descriptive about these criteria it is mentioned below:

-> The Nationality standard needed for the exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India.

-> The age limit needed is 21-30 years for General category and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years,for OBC candidate it is 21-33 years.For Ex-service men they get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

-> The Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree in any stream from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

The candidate who satisfy all these criteria for the exam is eligible for applying for the exam.The candidate is selected for the exam through:

>> Preliminary Exam
>> Main Exam
>> Interview.

The Preliminary Exam is a Objective type exam and the Main Exam is a Written Exam.

You are satisfying the education qualification,but it is also needed that you must satisfy all other criteria's in order to apply for the exam

For more details about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
13th April 2014, 04:28 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

You have mentioned that you want to know about the subject which are in IAS ( Indian police service) or civil service examination. But now I am clearing about your confusion about your confusion that IAS ( Indian police service) is under civil Service examination. IPS ( Indian police service) , IRS ( Indian revenue service) , IFS ( Indian forest service) are under civil

Service examination. The civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC (Union public service commission) at every year for the preparation of civil service examination you can prepared on the basis of books preparation you can prefers arihant publication because the books are written by very brilliant person that you can prepared very frequently. Or also you ca prepared on the basis of news channel and daily study news paper so that you are clear about your general

knowledge and also it increases your English knowledge. But my suggestion is for you that be study well and don't miss the chance because you have four chance to be appear for the civil Service examination. My suggestion is only for you that be study well and always clear your main fundamental so that you can not face any problem in the civil service examination.
23rd May 2016, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

which additional subject i can opt with b.com programme and that subject is essential in IAS
6th July 2017, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am in 13th i selected ba in political science , public administration and economics as my subjects . I wanted to do IAS so wanted to know about the IAS courses, subjects, n what should i do after completing my degree .
21st January 2018, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am student of bcom now I am second year bcom I am interested in to do IAS as I am scoring 70% how should I prepare for IAS exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?