30th June 2011, 05:47 PM
gopriya

How to prepare for IAS exam after passing 3rd year B.E(CSE)? Subjects which I can choose?

am doing my third year B.E(cse).how i have to prepare for I.A.S exam.Wat subject i have to choose?and which will be easy?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  2. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  3. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  4. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  5. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  6. How To Prepare For IAS and What Subjects Should a B.Tech Student Choose?
  7. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help? -- [New]
  8. Which subjects will be better for me IAS Exam being a 3rd year B.Tech candidate in CS? How to prepare for this Exam?
  9. How should I become a collector after passing degree 3rd year?
  10. How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE
  11. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  12. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  13. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  14. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  16. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
  17. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  18. How should I prepare for Civil Services exams like IAS,UPPCS exams? What are the list of subjects from which I can choose?
1st July 2011, 10:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after passing 3rd year B.E(CSE)? Subjects which I can choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopriya View Post
am doing my third year B.E(cse).how i have to prepare for I.A.S exam.Wat subject i have to choose?and which will be easy?
dear friend,

IAS exam conducted by UPSC board.

you can apply for the IAS exam as far as your educational qualification is concerned.

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field.

Age limitation:-
21-30 for the general( age relaxation for SC/St/OBC)

No. of attempts:-
4 for the general.
7 for the SC/St.
Unlimited for the OBC.

there are so many optinal subject but you can choose those subject which are scoring.

like math, geography,political science,zoology,economics etc.

More details: http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

all the best
1st July 2011, 12:45 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after passing 3rd year B.E(CSE)? Subjects which I can choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopriya View Post
It is really a good decision to keep your target as to become an IAS officer. I appreciate your decision

First of all I want to clarify you some of the facts . The exam which you need to write in order to become IAS officer is not called as IAS entrance exam it is actually called Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC delhi which is a govt body

this Body will recruit the top brains all over the country for the top most prestigious jobs in the central and offers Central govt jobs like IAS and IPS and IFS.

As you are in B.Tech 3rd year I guess your age is 19 or 20 but actually to write this examination you need to have a minimum age of 21 years.

and to attempt this exam you need to complete at least a degree from a recognized university. by this one thing is clear that you can't directly apply for Civils at the B.Tech 3rd year.

Now at this stage you need to have vision and clarity about civils and what will be the subjects you are going to study for the preparation and for that you need to cultivate basics regarding that.

How to build that basics..?

It is simple just go through deep in to the lifes of the poor and the condition of the surroundings the relations between mankind and study the society. not society just be clear with your family and their awareness regarding nation building.

think upon how can this country become a developed country soon for that you can follow news paper , news channels some interesting magazines, youth debates conducted by some prestigious companies like The Hindu and Times now etc..,

the info ocean is endless all that important is how you take it for self .. that is what important.

so you need to be alert awake all the time and visualize you as the hero of the future .

This is all should be your strategy.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
1st July 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after passing 3rd year B.E(CSE)? Subjects which I can choose?

i had completed my bca . my age is 29 year old . what can i apply for ias exam.
1st July 2011, 05:10 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

It is a good decision that you have chosen to write the greatest exam in the country.

It is right time that you have start preparing from now even. you can focus on the aptitude round based on the latest CSAT pattern.

Refer newspapers,Gk and magazines like Frontline,Pratiyogita Darpan etc.

You can also check www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

thanks a lot for the information.At this stage(3rd year)how should i prepare?
21st July 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

how many years preparation s needed
13th August 2011, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

I am in B.tech(CSE) 3rd semester, can I prepare for UPSC to become an IAS officer ?
What is difference between IAS and IPS according to duty and responsibility ?
Which additional subjects should I prefer with computers ?
18th December 2011, 11:53 PM
chint123

First of all I want to clarify you some of the facts . The exam which you need to write in order to become IAS officer is not called as IAS entrance exam it is actually called Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC delhi which is a govt body

this Body will recruit the top brains all over the country for the top most prestigious jobs in the central and offers Central govt jobs like IAS and IPS and IFS.

As you are in B.Tech 3rd year I guess your age is 19 or 20 but actually to write this examination you need to have a minimum age of 21 years.

and to attempt this exam you need to complete at least a degree from a recognized university. by this one thing is clear that you can't directly apply for Civils at the B.Tech 3rd year.
Now at this stage you need to have vision and clarity about civils and what will be the subjects you are going to study for the preparation
so good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?