19th October 2012, 01:32 PM
prisilla

How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE

SIR I AM STUDING ENGINEERING 3rd YEAR CSE ,AFTER COMPLETION OF MY ENGG I WANT TO WRITE IAS EXAM .MY QUESTION IS HOW TO STUDY DAILY AND WHICH COACHING CENTER TO JOIN AND UP TO HOW MUCH PERIOD I HAVE TO TAKE COACHING.HOW TO CHOOSE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS AND WHICH INDIAN LANGUAGE TO CHOOSE .PLEASE HELP ME ,ALL MY FAMILY MEMBERS ARE DEPENDENT ON ME.

28th December 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE

Can you please send me list of all entrance exams and way to apply for that exams after completing engineering in any field?
1st January 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE

I am doing 2nd year CSE: Am I eligible to write the IAS exam
1st January 2013, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After completing your Graduation in Engineering you can apply for IAS examination.

Those who are in final year engineering Graduation and are expecting their result on time are also eligible to apply for IAS examination. But you have to produce the required documents when required.

The age required for IAS examination is as follows:

General Category- 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years.

The number of attempts for IAS examination are as follows:

General Category- 4 attempts

OBC Category- 7 attempts

SC/ST Category - No limit

The selection as an IAS officer will depend upon your performance in the following stages:

-CSAT

-Mains Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st January 2013, 11:44 PM
ipkay93

Hello prisila, if you want to appear for IAS examination after completing you B.Tech then you really need to work hard for it as this is a National Lavel Competetive Examination, and your scope for clearing the examination totally depends on the subjects you select according to your interest. There is long list of subjects available for selection and most of the subjects are out of your engineering syllabus. So you need to study a lot except your engineering subjects
So for clearing the Exam you first need to select the combination of subjects, and there are some combinations no permitted.
e.g
Political Science & International relations and Pubilc Administration
Commerce & Accountancy and Management
Anthropopgy and Sociology
Mathematics and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Any two branches of engineering
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
Combination of two Literatures

I advice you to first complete your engineering properly with a good percentage, then afer completing your B.Tech you should drop for one year and prepare for the entrance exam. As the cource is very vast YOU need to study almost 8 hours per day with not only studying but also developing your personality for the interview process. I suggest you to join a good coaching for IAS preparation.
BEST OF LUCK
2nd January 2013, 01:05 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisilla View Post
SIR I AM STUDING ENGINEERING 3rd YEAR CSE ,AFTER COMPLETION OF MY ENGG I WANT TO WRITE IAS EXAM .MY QUESTION IS HOW TO STUDY DAILY AND WHICH COACHING CENTER TO JOIN AND UP TO HOW MUCH PERIOD I HAVE TO TAKE COACHING.HOW TO CHOOSE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS AND WHICH INDIAN LANGUAGE TO CHOOSE .PLEASE HELP ME ,ALL MY FAMILY MEMBERS ARE DEPENDENT ON ME.

hi friend,

you have completing your Graduation in Engineering affter you can apply IAS exam............
Age limit required for IAS exam :- 21 - 30 years,relaxation in upper age +3 OBC, +5 SC/ST....................

Exam Pattern:-Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, Interview.

Books to be refer:

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
(Paperback)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
(Paperback)
by
Jha
Jha

IAS (Pre.) Solved Papers General Studies wih CSAT 2011 & 2012 (Paper - 1)
(Paperback)
by
Expert Compilations

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012)
(Paperback)
by
Disha Experts

all the best............
14th July 2013, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Am pursuing my BE (csc).. Am i eligible to write the IAS exam...?
18th August 2013, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am completed Diploma, now I am studying lateral Information Science and Engg. Can I write IAS exam?
21st August 2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i finish my degree i failed can i join in ias not only that my cast is st
22nd August 2013, 09:05 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After completing Engineering or in the final year of B.Tech. Degree, you can apply for IAS.

There is no specific exam as IAS exam,to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam being conducted every year by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree/B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within tghe age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three pahses:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd January 2014, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I M IN ENGINEERING 3RD YEAR WID CSE BRANCH I WANT TO CRACK IAS EXAM . SHOULD I START ITS PREPARATION???
17th May 2014, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i have completed my B.Tech and waiting for my results i am interested in IAS course bt due my family backround first im searching for job can i apply for IAS after 6months or 1year plz hlp me and let me know the procedure how to apply and help me sir thank you!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?