7th January 2012, 08:30 PM
vineetmishra

Which subjects will be better for me IAS Exam being a 3rd year B.Tech candidate in CS? How to prepare for this Exam?

sir , I am 3rd year b.tech student in cs . I want to give IAS exam so please suggest me

which subject will be better for this exam.. and how prepare about this exam ....

Related Questions:
  1. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  3. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in 3rd semester?
  4. Full information about IAS syllabus? Which is the entrance exam? I am in 3rd year B.Tech in CSE stream
  5. IAS exam after B.Tech (CS) 3rd year?
  6. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  7. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  8. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  9. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  10. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  11. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  12. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  13. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  14. Subjects for IT students in IAS EXAM?
  15. How to prepare for IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  17. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject? -- [New]
  18. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
7th January 2012, 10:51 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects will be better for me IAS Exam being a 3rd year B.Tech candidate in CS? How to prepare for this Exam?

For IAS following are the subject to be selected :--
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce and Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Management
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Medical Science
  • Philosophy
  • Physics
  • Political Science and International
  • Relations
  • Psychology
  • Public Administration
  • Sociology
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

For computer branch we donot have special branch so you can choose subjects of your interest like physics,mathematics etc.
8th January 2012, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects will be better for me IAS Exam being a 3rd year B.Tech candidate in CS? How to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmishra View Post
sir , I am 3rd year b.tech student in cs . I want to give IAS exam so please suggest me

which subject will be better for this exam.. and how prepare about this exam ....

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

OPTIONAL SUBJECT

You can choose optional subject as your strength .

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

BEST CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS BOOKS

I have attached the syllabus for IAS exam.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 51 views)
8th January 2012, 01:30 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you are now in 3rd year of B.tech course , then it is very earlier to think about the IAS exam..

At least first complete your B.tech course with good percentage of aggregate , then go for any civil service exam.

You have to choose two optional subjects by your own among the subjects like-

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

Now it is in your hand that which subjects you are going to choose for main exam..
I will suggest you to go for subjects , in which you have more interest and also a clear concept..

So, don't get confused , just stay cool and take the decision.

All the best.
8th January 2012, 05:21 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

HI,

The optional in I.A.S exam are:-

Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical
Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

You can chose any subject you want.

all the best!
13th January 2012, 12:32 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:

HI,
You can chose any two subject you want.

The list of optional subject is given below:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?