23rd September 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year

sir,
i am studying MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 2nd year..i want to prepare for ias exams,so please suggest me the subjects what i have to choose.Also kindly tell me that ''is the topics in I.A.S will cover in my subjects are not?''

1st November 2012, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year

how to prepare for ias exam for 2nd year student of BAMS(bachelar of ayurvedic medicine and surgery)?when i start pepare
17th August 2013, 06:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year

For prelims exam, there will be questions on Current events, Indian Polity, History of India, General Science, English Language, and so on. In mains exam, there will be questions on English language, General Studies, and optional subjects selected. Preparation on these topics can be done using reference books and question papers of previous years. CSAT: General Studies 2012 (Paper 2) by Arun Sharma,Madhukar Kumar Bhagat,Hari Mohan Prasad,Abhijit Guha, CSAT Handbook for General Studies: UPSC Civil Services Priliminary Examination 2013 (Paper-1) by Kalpana Rajaram, etc are some of the books that can be referred for studies. Selection of subjects for mains can be done according to your interest, from the list of subjects given in UPSC site. The subject of mechanical engineering can be selected.
12th October 2013, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

HOW i prepare the gate and ias exam while i am in 2nd year mechanical engg.
13th October 2013, 02:48 PM
Maru Nirav

Smile Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i am studying MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 2nd year..i want to prepare for ias exams,so please suggest me the subjects what i have to choose.Also kindly tell me that ''is the topics in I.A.S will cover in my subjects are not?''
it is good that you are serious about your IAS exam. In that time, you are in 2nd year, keep your mind on history & geography & daily newspaper reading. Solved the previous year papers of ias & take on line test. But you should keep your mind on your mechanical eng. for making good percentage.
Take online tests
Best of luck.......
8th April 2014, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Hello.. I am pursuing my mechanical at present in 2nd year....i have a taste for history and civics .
I have been preparing for public administration especially indian polity recently .
I request u to suggest me other basic requirement to fulfill in order to crack IAS exam along with my bachelors.
23rd April 2014, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

hello sir...I am Biswajit,studying mechanical enginnering...Please give me the systematic idea to preapare IAS Exam
23rd April 2014, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am studying mechanical engineering 2 nd year i want to prepare for ias exams so please sugget me the subjects
27th September 2014, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

what is the main qualification of studying IAS exam in mechanical engineering student
2nd August 2015, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,Currently I am In B.E(Mech) first year.It is my dream to become an IAS officer since 9th .I am good at political science.Please tell me tips on how to study for IAS exam since now..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?