10th March 2012, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam after passing B.Tech from UPTU government college?

sir i m a student of b.tech . 2nd year frm uptu govt. Cllege ,nd i want to preprationt 4 ias exam. I SHOULD PREPRATION FROM NOW OR FROM 3RD YEAR OR LATER ?, SUGGEST ME PLZ on my gmail account, i m resisterd

12th March 2012, 09:48 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after passing B.Tech from UPTU government college?

If your ultimate destination is the position of an IAS officer then you should not at all
wait for any particular moment to come.

The moment you realise that you have to (not want to) become an IAS officer only
and nothing else you should start preparing yourself for it. Whether you are 10th passed
or 12th passed or in the midway of graduation, the time is suitable.
A person's understanding and thinking are not at same level in 10th, 12th and
graduation but as far as preparation for Civil Services Examination is concerned one
can start preparation even in 10th Std. but according one's understanding and scope
of syllabus.
For your present academic qualification you are matured enough to start preparation
right away (do not wait for 3rd year or 4th year of B.Tech.) with initial guidance.
Once you are left on the track you will start moving yourself.

How to Start?
First of all read the Civil Services Examination advertisement very carefully so that
you get to know about the pattern and syllabus of examination.
Once you read the advt. you will come to know that the preliminary examination
would be a common aptitude test and those who qualify the prelims, will be
eligible for main exam.
The main exam comprises of following papers.
1. Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
2. English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
3. General Essay type paper (200 marks)
4. General Studies (Paper-I & II 300 marks each)
5. Optional subject-I(Paper-I & II 300 marks each)
6. Optional subject-II(Paper-I & II 300 marks each)

On the basis of marks in Main exam, candidates are called for Interview.
The total marks of Main exam and Interview are added to produce final result.

The preparation of Indian Language Qualifying Paper and English Qualifying Paper
can be done at a later stage when you would be doing good in other papers.

Go through the syllabus of papers available in the Civil Services Examination Advt.

The preparation can be initiated from General Studies in parallel to the preparation
of Preliminary Examination or CSAT.
After that Optional Subjects should be covered and finally the language and Essay papers.
You need to revise everything you complete, after few days so that you stay updated
always.

To start with General Studies you should first make a good habit of reading Newspapers
and Magazines like;
Newspapers: The Hindu and The Economic Times and one regional newspaper.
Magazines: India Today, Outlook, Chronicles, Pratiyogita Darpan etc.
Novels: Directly novels are not helpful for any exam but indirectly they are helpful.
Novels improve vocabulary and writing skills. So, you should read novels in leisure
time. It will help you improving writing skills and also will help you stay stress free.
NCERT Books: You should read thoroughly Science and Social Science books of VI to X Std.
Keep an atlas at your Study place and study it in such a way that if a question
comes from atlas, you have the answer.
Whatever you are reading, you should be making notes if you get anything worth
noting for future reference.
With getting good pace in General Studies preparation you can start slowly preparation
of Optional subjects.

Whenever you feel out of way, you should ask help from some senior friend or relative.
Also, coaching institute study material can be helpful.

The advt. for UPSC Civil Service Examination 2012 is attached with this message.
Get it from the attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc civil services 2012.pdf(327.3 KB, 277 views)
6th May 2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after passing B.Tech from UPTU government college?

I am a student of cass 11 my subject is physics,chemistry math and i want to become ias so, what should i do for this
13th May 2012, 08:39 AM
arundevaa

Default MCA admission-2012 uptu goverment college

sir MCA uptu-2012 general rank-1427 and sc rank-53 kya hbti kanpur mil jaaye ga.
16th May 2012, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my b.tech 2nd year and i want to do preparation for IAS exams what would be better for me going for an IAS course institute or preparing from home by collecting books related to course subjects plz suggest me sir
17th May 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

what paper we choose for ias exam as a student of b.tech(mechanical) and how we study a lot to qualify ias exam
25th June 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

which typa of questions asked in ias exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?