28th March 2012, 03:52 PM
abhishekgenius

How to prepare for the interview of TCS? I am a 4th semester EC student

i m in 4th sem ec and i need to prepare a cv as am appearing for an interview in tcs in its techfest so how to prepare

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  2. What questions are asked during the interview of TCS? I am a mechanical engineering in 4th year
  3. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  4. Am I eligible to appear in on-campus interview of TCS if secured 6.68 CGPA till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  5. Summer Internship in TCS, Bangalore for B.Tech(IT) 4th semester student?
  6. What kind of questions are asked in TCS On-Campus Interview for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student?
  7. Can I get any benefit at time of TCS On-Campus Interview if learnt Ruby on Rails being a B.Tech 4th year student? Does TCS has any project based of this Language? -- [New]
  8. Can I get a job in TCS, WIPRO, Infosys after scoring 81% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 75% till 4th semester in B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the pattern of TCS written test? I am a B.Tech 4th year student
  10. How can I prepare to qualify interview of TCS? Pattern and topics to be cover for an Interview? Is there any negative marking allotted in TCS Aptitude Test?
  11. How to prepare for Verbal and HR interview?
  12. New pattern of TCS On-Campus Aptitude Test for B.E. 4th year student?
  13. How can I get internship for 45 days in computer science in TCS? I am a 4th semester student
  14. Internship in TCS, Infosys and Wipro for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  15. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
  16. Is there any problem at the time of joining if selected in TCS without mentioning backlog?
  17. Which are the questions that are to be answered during the interview of TCS? How should I answer the following questions?
  18. Am I eligible for TCS interview? I am a 10th passed student with 74%
22nd April 2012, 10:09 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for the interview of TCS? I am a 4th semester EC student

In the interview section, you can expect technical as well as HR related questions. In technical interview section, you can expect technical questions (subject related). Practice yourself to speak loudly and to express your points vividly and clearly. Before attending the interview, try to visit web portals that discuss the experience of other students who had attended the interview of TCS. This will be much useful as you can have an idea on the type of questions asked for technical and HR round interview.
6th June 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for the interview of TCS? I am a 4th semester EC student

i'm a B.Tech student pursuing my 6th sem. i need a sample cover letter for the campus recruitment. can anyone help me for preparing a cover letter for tcs or any other IT industry that recruit freshers in campus interview? pls kindly mail it to [email protected].
Thank u.
16th June 2012, 12:08 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for the interview of TCS? I am a 4th semester EC student

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekgenius View Post
i m in 4th sem ec and i need to prepare a cv as am appearing for an interview in tcs in its techfest so how to prepare
Hi

CV is the Curriculum Vitae which is the document which speaks on your behalf about you. So it should be the true image of what you are, what you know and what you plan.

DO NOT TRY TO FOOL anyone as they are much more ahead than you can think.

Now TCS - TATA Consultancy Services is one of the top IT Companies in India and also one of the largest recruiters.
So if you are appearing for its interview, then you should first of all have the basic knowledge about programming.
It is very important that you know the C/C++ languages the basics on your tips.

Apart from that, study about the company, its establishments, how it grew, etc. Sometimes this knowledge comes handy. Also you should know the basics of what you are studying. It shows how involved you are in your work.

Apart form that you should be well mannered, have very good communication skills, and know the professionalism that is needed while the interview.
Be in a smart outfit but formal, be confident but not over confident and then you can easily win hearts.

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
16th June 2012, 12:14 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Yes this is the right time to prepare for the IT companies if you have the time then don’t forget to study 2-3 hours especially for the IT company preparation. You should prepare all the parts including the aptitude, analytical, reasoning, English, GK, computer etc. when you will start to study also refer the different author books this will bring lot of knowledge and will increase you knowledge.
16th June 2012, 12:59 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Just remember that their questions can be both formal and informal. SO if they ask informal questions so dont get surprised. They can ask about your academic performance like why did you get so less marks in 1st years etc.

They will surely ask questions like why do you wish to join this company, why should we select you.
But first of all prepare to tell something about yourself in 2-3 minutes. Start with your personal life in brief and then your academic qualifications giving more attention to your btech.
then your strength and weakness. when asked about your weakness you cannot really tell them that , it should actually be a positive thing Like some times I take my job way too seriously and until its done I dont feel relaxed. Something like that.
They will surely ask about your Project if an do prepare a 30 seconds summary for it and also all questions related to it.

In your areas of interest you should get yourself prepared with some rapid fire type questions.
They may ask you questions related to time management like How much time it took you to reach here etc.

And yeah very important thing you should learn about the company first. they may ask you what do you know about us. And lastly they may ask you do you wan to ask anything so be prepared with some good questions to ask.
16th June 2012, 02:26 AM
__Prateek
Member+

Quote:

TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICE

TCS conducts many on campus and off campus recruitment to fill the vacancy for different posts .

INTERVIEW PATTERN

candidate has to go through 3 different phases to successfully complete the interview .

1. ONLINE APTITUDE TEST

> this test is conducted online.

2. TECHNICAL INTERVIEW

> Interview with the faculty

3. HR INTERVIEW

> Its the final phase, here you will be facing the human resource manager (hrm )

ONLINE APTITUDE TEST

This will have 3 sections

> reasoning

> quantity aptitude

> verbal

there will be no negative marking.

the time will be of 2 hr ( sometimes vary )

TECHNICAL INTERVIEW

after clearing the 1st phase ie. the online aptitude test you will face the interview.

> here you will be asked about various questions related computers, engineering and some question related to your cv

some of the common questions are

1. whats your favorite c language ?

2. some basic concepts of c

3. to write a program ( this question has 90 % chances )

4. law of gravitation

5. different types of lenses

6. other engineering terms

HR SESSION

this is the final phase for your selection , 80 % of your chances depends on how you perform in this interview .

some common questions witch are asked are

1. tell me something about the company.

2. something about yourself

3. questions related to your hobbies ( written in c.v )

4. why should i take you in my company ( mostly asked )

5. why you wanna join tcs and not any other company ?

6. your position in tcs after 5 years

7. who inspired you to become a engineer

TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW

> your c.v is the most important thing which tells about yourself, so d'nt write any thing fake or false in it .

> memorize some basic concept of computers and science

> follow and good body language

> talk politely and normally but it should be clear and audible enough to be listed

> prepare some previous year question papers

> you should be aware of the company

> you should know what your target is ( why you are here for the job )

> read daily news paper to be up to date whats happening around the world,it will help you in the interview

> d'nt lie anything to the person who is taking the interview of yours.

> d'nt be overconfident

Follow these steps and you are sure to get selected.

best of luck
20th July 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

it is necessary that ec student know about the some basic concept of i.t. related subject....or prepairing some languge such that c or c ........plz give me some tips about this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?