12th September 2011, 04:15 AM
rizfia

How to prepare for Non Tech questions asked in PSU's? I am 3rd year engineering student

I am 3rd year engineering (ECE) student. I want to know that how can one prepare for non-tech questions asked in psu's. And also I want the link to the question papers that where asked during past years by several psu's.

Related Questions:
  1. Types of questions asked in C-DAC Exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What subjects should a B.Tech Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering student choose for PSU exam? How to prepare for it and which are the coaching institutes?
  3. What type of questions are asked in HR rounds? I have completed my 3rd year in B.Tech in computer science
  4. Am i eligible for PSUs through GATE? I am a B.Tech electrical and electronics engineering student
  5. What kind of Questions will be asked in the BSNL Interview for the candidates of B.Tech in ECE?
  6. Whether the internship programme run in PSus are paid or not? -- [New]
  7. Will GATE preparation help in clearing PSU exam?
  8. What kind of questions are asked in JMU B.Tech Interview? How to prepare for that?
  9. How to get a job in MNC companies? I am a 3rd year computer science and engineering student
  10. Madurai Kamaraj University BCA- 3rd Year Software Engineering Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  11. Ch BP Govt. Engineering College B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd Sem Structural Analysis-I Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  12. How to apply for summer training in PSUs after 3rd year of mechanical engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to appear in GMAT being a B.Tech 3rd year student?
  14. How can I prepare for group I exam? I am a B.Tech 3rd year student
  15. What kind of questions are asked in TCS On-Campus Interview for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student?
  16. Should I take 1 year drop to prepare for PSUs along with M.Tech?
  17. How to do GATE in Automobile Engineering? I am a 3rd year student in Mechanical Engineering
  18. What is the syllabus of IB ACIO II? What is the pattern of the exam?
15th January 2017, 11:52 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for Non Tech questions asked in PSU's? I am 3rd year engineering student

PSUs are the Public Sector Undertaking Companies that are highly valued and do no nonsense but serious work. Some of the top PSUs in India would be BHEL, NTPC, ONGC, IOCL, BEL, Power Grid, NHPC, etc. These are all under the government companies that function nicely and are also highly reputed.

If you wish to prepare yourself for cracking PSU interviews then there is a lot to be done. Some of the best ways to ensure a good GK would be:

1. READ News papers daily! Do not miss a single day as all the news that is around is usually connected on daily basis.

2. Try to develop some opinion that is going on around you and the news that you read.

3. There are many knowledgeable websites that impart all sorts of knowledge into interested people. These range from providing short and crisp write ups about all forms of news be it sports, political, legal, entertainment etc.

4. Also watch news on the TV as it has greater retention. You would be able to retain the advertisements more better than what if you read.

Non - Technical questions become a deciding factor in selection of candidates for the PSUs as all the applicants are brilliant in terms of Technical expertise and knowledge. Thus, what can set you apart would be the kind of communication skills that you have. What are your soft skills and how can you make yourself differentiated.

Try to increase your vocabulary also as it helps in refining your English language. It is said that most of the work in this world is through communication and therefore make it as effective as possible.

Please note that almost all the entrances these days have gone Online including GATE, CAT. Thus, the past questions papers are almost unavailable these days. The patterns have also changed so much that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?