5th April 2011, 07:02 PM
chrryy

How to prepare for TOEFL?

how can i prepare toefl frm now onwards.. provide previous papers

5th April 2011, 09:36 PM
chiranjeev90

Default Re: How to prepare for TOEFL?

Thanks a lot for your interesting question. You want to study at university or college in the UK and that's why you are looking for information on how to prepare for the TOEFL. Well, there are some basic steps you can take towards improving your English language skills.

First of all, it's always a good idea to make sure you know how to spell a word. For example, if you don't know the correct spelling of the word «high school» you can write it the way you think it is spelled and type it into Google and see what happens.
So, if you type in «highskool» and click on «search», Google says: «Did you mean: "high school?"» And yes, of course you mean «high school». This way you can communicate with Google and improve your spelling — something that is very important if you want to apply for a place at college or university in the UK.

Also, if you write a message in English on a forum you should try to stick to the standard form of written English. Instead of «please i wanna site show» you might want to write «... it would be good if someone could show me a site with TOEFL related information».

Now, in answer to your question, as you know the TOEFL is a test that evaluates your knowledge of English in an academic context. So, the first step for you is to read the definitions of the sciences in English. What is your favourite science? What would you like to study at university? Find a subject of interest and get reading materials containing appropriate vocabulary.
There is no short cut to taking the TOEFL — the best preparation for that test is to practise your English on a regular basis. You can do that by reading newspaper articles, communicating with other students via email or on forums, listen to tapes in English, watch TV reports etc. In addition, there are good resources available containing specific TOEFL test materials. We can exchange ideas here on the forum — let's take it one step at a time, OK?
22nd April 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

IT WOULD BE WELL IF SOMEBODY PROVIDES INFORMATION REGARDING QUALIFICATION FOR toefl
28th June 2011, 05:27 AM
Unregistered

what universities accept based on toefl score even if gre score is 820 and how much should i score in toefl to get admissison in u.s universities?
28th December 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

is there any changes in Toefl 2012 pattern?if so what are they provide some information regarding that
12th May 2013, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

asI want to study MV.SC/AH in abroad, in which college I will join & what exam I want to write please tell me
29th June 2013, 06:10 PM
suceela

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrryy View Post
how can i prepare toefl frm now onwards.. provide previous papers

there is no age limit for taking the TOEFL exam.
if you are going for higher studies, then start preparing for TOEFL from your 2nd year.
its better if you go to some center for TOEFL preparation. they will give some idea about your TOEFL format and how to prepare for it.
The exam is divided in to three categories :

1) Listening
2) Reading
3) Writing

*Learn as many vocabulary words, idioms, grammar as you can.
*read the daily newspapers regularly(your english standard will improve)
this will help you for reading and writing parts.

*watch american movies and shows to get acquainted with american accent.

all the best for your exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?