17th May 2012, 11:53 PM
kumar.shyam

How should I give the CAT exam?

plz help me sir i also want to give the CAT exam....plz give me some suggestions......

18th May 2012, 07:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I give the CAT exam?

The next exam should be scheduled around October, November this year. This exam is being conducted for candidates wishing to join the 2013 batch. The application for this exam should be available by August, September. You should start preparing for this highly competitive exam. Refer to the previous year brochure and past papers and prepare accordingly.
18th May 2012, 01:25 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar.shyam View Post
plz help me sir i also want to give the CAT exam....plz give me some suggestions......

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management Once in a year . You can expect the notification in the month of Aug or Sept in the official website of CAT .

To apply for this examination , you should have a completed graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and you must secure at least 50% aggregate marks in your examination . 45% aggregate marks for reserved categories .

Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination and do no have any backlogs at the time of appearing for this examination .

Selection Process :- Written exam , Group Discussion , personal Interview .

Written exam consist of Verbal Aptitude , Quantitative Aptitude , Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning .

You can apply only online application and there is no offline application . The candidate have to purchase the voucher from one of the designated Axis Bank . The cost of voucher is 1600 /- for General candidates and 800 /- for reserved categories .

Registration Guide :- Click here !!

Official Website :- http://www.catiim.in/index.htm
18th May 2012, 03:05 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> Every year CAT (Common Admission Test) is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admission purpose.
>> Top four IIMs :
> IIM Ahmedabad
> IIM Calcutta
> IIM Bangalore
> IIM Lucknow
>> Other Institutes :
> IIM Kozhikode
> IIM Indore
> IIM Shillong
> IIM Ranchi
> IIM Rohtak
> IIM Raipur
>> Cut-offs :
> Above 98 percentile in CAT Examination.
> Also more than 70% in 10th and 12th class.
>> Time period : In the month of November and December every year.
>> Test Pattern :
> The CAT will have only two sections.
> The first section is quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation ;
> The second is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
>> Number of seats availaible in each IIMs : About 120
>> CAT Eligibility Criteria :
> You must hold a bachelor's degree with atleast 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) or Persons with Disability (PWD) category].
OR
> Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
> No restriction in number of attempts.
> There is no age limitation.
> Further all details of exam pattern and how to register, you can get complete information from http://www.catiim.in/cat eligibility.html
> For more queries, visit the official website :
www.catiim.in
18th May 2012, 04:39 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam conducted by indian Institute of Management once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The candidate complete the graduation with 50% of marks and the 5% relaxation for obc and sc/st categories.

The final years candidates are eligible for this exam.

Both male and female candidates are eligible this exam.

Selection Process:

written exam

Group Discussion

Personal Interview

Syllabus of CAT:

Quantitative Aptitude

Data Interpretation

Verbal Aptitude

Logical Reasoning

for more details visit the website

http://www.catiim.in/

all the best.
18th May 2012, 06:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for CAT. There is no upper age restriction for application to CAT. There is also no bar to the number of attempts to CAT.

Cat can only be applied through on line by paying Rs.1600.00 as exam fees which is a computer based examination of all objective type questions comprising of two sections:-

-Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation

-Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

Selection is through written exam followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
5th June 2012, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I would like to know if I have completed my Graduation through Sikkim Manipal University with 70% marks, Can I give CAT exam and get an entry into IIM's if I score the required percentile??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?