18th May 2011, 10:45 PM
aimtiaza

How should I go about for preparation for IIT JEE while in 9th standard?

Sir,
I have a child,who is studying 3std(9yrs).I want to prepare her to take IIT as her career.I have already started coaching her for talent search exams like NSTSE .how can i go about her preparation for her to be an IITian?

19th May 2011, 10:15 AM
soumak93
Junior Member+

Default Re: How should I go about for preparation for IIT JEE while in 9th standard?

It's still too early to be thinking about iit. Right now you need to look after developing the basic concepts of your because iit-jee mainly depends upon testing one's basic concepts at a higher level. When she gets into 9th standard, you can join her to coaching institutes like FIITJEE, career point, brilliant, etc.
19th May 2011, 02:53 PM
mandiv

Default Re: How should I go about for preparation for IIT JEE while in 9th standard?

sir
there is a doubt in your question actually...........
i am not able to understand that whether your child is 9 years old or is she studying in class 9 as you have mentioned both the cases..............
well sir ,
if she is in class 9 then after the completion of her 9 .....make her join the proffesional coaching classes for an extended 3 year program ..........
you can also go for 2 years classroom program after her 10th.............
both are beneficial........
your daughter will surely crack IIT........
if would be able to provide you the names of the best coaching centers if you tell me the place you put up to............
all the best
19th May 2011, 05:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you have a plan for your child. Before you take this decision make sure that is an area where your child's interest lies. As of now need to make sure that she has a sound conceptual knowledge. Other than that you could send her for ABACUS training. Once she is in 11th you can send her for training for the IIT preparation.
19th May 2011, 08:28 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

So, you are an wonderful example of how parents are imposing their aspiration on their children.....!!!
Please avoid this, let your children choose their own dream.
You must be wondering how can they choose , they are children only & are not aware of all career path, but this is what you have to do..!!!

First you should collect information regarding all types of career option & make aware your children of these, you can take help of some good career counsellor.

And there is no exam NSTSE, but its NTSE. Students of 8th & 10th appears for this exam. There are many coaching which prepare for these exam.
I would recommend FIITJEE, it also prepare for Olympiads.
16th June 2011, 12:21 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well you should start studying from good books

and start solving higher classes mathematics book

further support of good teachers is mandatory

hard work and perseverance

un-giving attitude would be an ideal ingredient.

Take good coaching like fiitjee resonance etc.

and keep good company with people who are intelliegnt

smart and hardworking.
20th June 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

from 7 class is iit useful
31st July 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

as a parent what i can do for my child when he is preparing for iitjee 2013 and currently studying in xith std?
(i mean parents duty and behaviour and everything)
8th October 2011, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I'm in 9th standard.I want to become an IIT'ian. How should I prepare for it?My parents do not allow me to study for higher classes.They aske me to focus on academics.
1st February 2012, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

SIR,
I AM IN 9TH STANDARD. I WANT TO BECOME IIT'AN. MY PARENTS ALSO SUPPORT FOR THIS. WHAT CAN I DO?
7th March 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have complleted my 9 th . what books should i prefer for my basic iit training......
can u please name some of the books.
20th June 2012, 08:17 PM
tanveersandhu

Well sir i want to tell you that you should focus on clearing the basics of PCM (i.e Physics,Chemistry and Maths) when your daughter will be in higher standards(from 6th onwards). Afterwards, you should also make her join some well known coaching institutes for preparation of the IIT.
29th September 2012, 12:09 AM
surajm093

There is no such special effort required for preparing IIT JEE in class 9th. If you go through your course book carefully and sincerely then you will crack IIT JEE but there are many coaching classes which starts preparation for IIT form 9th class onwards like Resonance.

Good Luck
12th January 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am studying at 9th class.I have a very good interest in maths,physics,chemistry.but i don't know to how this interest is to make develop my mind for iit?can you tell some books for me to prepare iit at this class?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?