22nd May 2011, 07:16 PM
Yogeshmohan1981

How should I prepare for NET exam after completing M.A English? Which study materials to refer?

I have completed MA English and since four years trying for net exam. Unfortunately i am facing failure in this exam. So my mind seems frustrated. Pls guide me how to go through all this and which study materials should i use for net exam in English?

4th June 2011, 03:55 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for NET exam after completing M.A English? Which study materials to refer?

Friend , You can puschase upkar publication books of english for UGC NET. These publication books are very good .
you can join any good cocahing for preparing net exam .

you can download syllabus of english:- www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html

Some tips for preparing net exam :-

1. Writing skills matter a lot in the NET Examination. Most of the candidates
appearing for the NET examination have a lot of knowledge, but lack
writing skills. You should be able to present all the information/knowledge in
a coherent and logical manner, as expected by the examiner. For example:
Quoting with facts and substantiating your answer with related concepts and emphasizing your point of view.

2. Preparations for NET examination should be done intensively.

3.After deciding the questions one should sort out the NET question papers according to the syllabus topics. If one analyses these questions, after sometime the questions are repeated in one form or the other.

4. Prepare a standard answer to the question papers of the previous years. This will also make your task easy at the UGC examination.

5. Do Not miss the concepts. Questions asked are of the Masters level examination. Sometimes the questions are ‘conceptual’ in nature, aimed at testing the comprehension levels of the basic concepts.

6. Get a list of standard textbooks from the successful candidates, or other sources and also selective good notes. The right choice of reading material is important and crucial. You should not read all types of books as told by others.

7. Always target for writing section even while preparing for objective questions. As there is much in common for study and there is little time for preparation for the wriiten part II examination.

8. While studying for the subjects, keep in mind that there is no scope for selective studies in UGC. The whole syllabus must be covered thoroughly. Equal stress and weight should be given all the sections of the syllabus.

9. Note that in the ultimate analysis both subjects carry exactly the same amount of maximum marks.

10. For subjects like Mathematics and Statistics and Geography maps etc, practice is very important. One should also practice other subjects and should not treat the same examination, as an “experience gathering” exercise to get a chance for writing mains is a great thing, which you may not get again.

11. Go through the unsolved papers of the previous papers and solve them to stimulate the atmosphere of the examination.

12. Stick to the time frame. Speed is the very essence of this examination. Hence, time management assumes crucial importance.

13. For developing the writing skills, keep writing model answers while preparing for the NET examination. This helps get into the habit of writing under time pressure in the Mains examination.

14. Never be over confident with your writing skills. It is too subjective and behavioral.

15. Develop and follow your own style of writing. Try not to be repetitive and maintain a flow in the style of your writing.

16. Never try to imitate others in the style of writing.

17. Sequential and systematic style of answering comes after a lot of practice and analysis of standard answers.

18. Try to stimulate the actual examination hours to judge the performance and to plug any loopholes.

19. Try not to exceed the word limit, as far as possible. Sticking to the word limit that will save time. Besides, the number of marks you achieve are not going to increase even if you exceed the word limit. It’s the quality that matters not the quantity.

20. Revision of subjects is very important. The reason is that you have been preparing for months or years together. It is a human tendency to forget something after some time.

21. Donot bother yourselves if you are unable to revise everything before examination. Write it legibly as it will simplify the evaluator’s task and he can read the answers easily.

22. Highlight the important points which are important.

23. Follow paragraph writing rather than essay form. A new point should start
with a new paragraph.

24. If the question needs answer in point format give it a bullet format.

25. Keep sufficient space between two lines.

26. Try to maintain uniformity in your writing throughout the paper.

27.Give space and divide it by a dividing line between two questions.

28. Above all be patient and believe in God.
11th June 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for NET exam after completing M.A English? Which study materials to refer?

Respected Sir,
I did master degree in English Literature and now I am willing to get prepared for national eligibility test exam, but I am facing a problem on getting the study materials and notes related to the subject English. I will be very grate full if you will guide me to get this stuffs or it will be honor to me if you will provide me the study materials and notes.

With Regards,
SWAPNIL
3rd July 2011, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I PREPARE MY EXAMS OF M A ENGLISH?
8th July 2011, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir ,
I am sindhu . I completed my M.A. English in the year 2010. Now i m planning to write net exam so, please guide me where can i get the study materials and how can i prepare for the exam.
Thanking you sir,
with regards
sindhu
2nd September 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am Mrs. Elizabeth D'Souza. I have completed my M.A. English in the year 1999. I am planning to write my net exam. Please guide me how to prepare for the entrance exam.
Thanking you,
With warm regards,
Elizabeth
19th September 2011, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

i want to know about the syllabus of net exam for 2011 of the english subject
24th September 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

How much% of the net-examination should
31st March 2012, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

HELLO,
This is Ananya Bhattacharjee.. am doing graduation in english..and i want to start my preparation for NET side by side..so what steps should i follow..please suggest..
12th May 2012, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I did master degree in English Literature and now I am willing to get prepared for national eligibility test exam, but I am facing a problem on getting the study materials and notes related to the subject English. I will be very grate full if you will guide me to get this stuffs or it will be honor to me if you will provide me the study materials and notes.

With Regards,
SWAPNIL
dear swaplin always use upkar prakashan books
22nd March 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I am doing English literature(private study).
How to study literature and how
to prepare for MA English
exam?
Give me some tips pls...
22nd March 2013, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

exam?
Give me some tips pls...
22nd March 2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

exam?
Give me some tips pls...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?