1st September 2011, 05:21 AM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for SAIL? List of books can be considered beneficial for preparation?

how should i prepare for tech and non tech for this exam especially english and gk.........tech,which books should be consulted in electrical branch?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for aptitude test? List of books considered beneficial for preparation?
  2. Reference books for preparation of SAIL Attendant cum Trainee exam?
  3. List of books considered beneficial for the preparation of MET(MBA) Punjab?
  4. How may I get study materials for IAS? List of books that considered beneficial for preparation for the same
  5. How to prepare for aptitude test? List of books considered beneficial for preparation?
  6. Sample question papers and suitable books for preparation of SAIL Management Trainee(Technical) exam?
  7. How to prepare for JAT Chemistry? List of books considered beneficial for the same? I'm a B.Sc 2nd year student
  8. List of books considered beneficial for aptitude and interview preparation for MNC companies?
  9. Books to prepare for SAIL Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How may I prepare for NET UGC exam? List of books considered good for preparation
  11. How can I do a job in RRB non-technical (T.C) department after completing my UG? List of materials considered beneficial for preparation?
  12. List of books considered beneficial for TCS aptitude and logical reasoning?
  13. How may I get details about entrance exams of PG at IIMC Delhi? How may I get syllabus for the same? List of books considered beneficial?
  14. How to Prepare for EAMCET? List of Books that Can be Referred for Preparation?
  15. List best books for preparation of SAIL Internship test? -- [New]
  16. List of competitive books for exams like SAIL MTT, BHEL, NPTI? Is RK Jain the best book?
  17. List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR?
  18. List of books which I can refer to prepare for JPSE exam preparation?
12th August 2017, 02:45 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How should I prepare for SAIL? List of books can be considered beneficial for preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how should i prepare for tech and non tech for this exam especially english and gk.........tech,which books should be consulted in electrical branch?
Dear Aspirant,

You have not mentioned your qualification here i.e. here as you mentioned Electrical so I am considering here that you have done BE/B.tech in Electrical stream.

SAIL : Steel Authority Of India. It is based in New Delhi, India. SAIL is India's one of the largest company that makes Steel.

-> To recruit engineering degree holder's SAIL conducts Entrance examination for the post "Management Trainee" once in a year at all over India level.

-> To appear in this candidate should have completed BE/B.tech in any stream from recognized University. Candidate should have secured minimum of 65% marks in aggregate of all semester( 55% marks for ST/SC/PWD)

-> To appear in this exam candidate's age should be should be between 21-30 years for General category candidates and for SC/ST maximum age limit is 35 years & For OBC maximum age limit is 33 years & for physically handicapped maximum age limit is 40 years.
  • The Selection Procedure in SAIL for Management Trainee has three stages : 1. Written exam 2. Group discussion & Interview.

-> SAIL written exam has two section: 1. Domain Knowledge Test 2. Aptitude Test(Quantitative, Reasoning, General Knowledge, Verbal). These two section has 100 marks so Total marks for this written exam is 200.

-> To get cleared SAIL written exam you have to secure marks in both the sections. First section will have Technical question & Second section will have Non Technical(Mental ability) questions.
  • To prepare for SAIL Written Examination Candidate should have to put equal effort in both these sections. In First section, candidate can easily prepare because this section have all the questions related to candidate's Engineering degree stream. So you have to keep reading theoretical part of your core engineering subjects & solve the numerical portion as well. If you give some extra time, effort & dedication to your studies you can easily crack this entrance examination without joining any Coaching center/Institute.

-> Following is syllabus for Domain Knowledge Test for Electrical engineering stream that will help candidate to focus on write subjects.

Engineering Mathematics:
  • Linear Algebra
  • Calculus
  • Differential equations
  • Complex variables
  • Probability and Statistics
  • Numerical Methods
  • Transform Theory
Electrical Engineering:
  • Electric Circuits and Fields
  • Signals and Systems
  • Electrical Machines
  • Power System
  • Control Systems
  • Electrical and Electronic Measurements
  • Analog and Digital Electronics
  • Power Electronics and Drives

-> Following is syllabus for Aptitude Test(Quantitative, Reasoning, General Knowledge, Verbal).

Reasoning Ability:
  • Coding & Decoding
  • Problems related to words
  • Missing Number
  • Number puzzle
  • Nonverbal reasoning etc
Quantitative Section:
  • This part has problems related 12th standard Maths question.
General English:
  • English Grammar,
  • Sentence formation etc.
General Awareness:
  • Indian Culture
  • Current Affairs
  • Geography
  • History
  • Worldwide happening

-> For candidate ease below are the some useful Books for SAIL entrance exam preparation...

1) Book Name: SAIL Management Trainee(Technical) Recruitment Examination
Publication - G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

2) Guide to SAIL Electrical Engineering (Management Trainee (Technical)
Publication - G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

3) Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations
Author: Abhjit gupta

4) A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
Author: RS Agarwal

5) Lucent’s General Knowledge
Author: Dr. Binay Karna
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?