2nd March 2018, 04:50 PM
Nishmita hosamani

How to start preparation for KAS being a B.Sc Horticulture student?

How to start preparation for Karnataka Administrative Service - KAS? I'm B.Sc Horticulture student so which subject should I select? Also, provide names of guide books or any notes available over internet.

9th March 2018, 01:05 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to start preparation for KAS being a B.Sc Horticulture student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishmita hosamani View Post
How to start preparation for Karnataka Administrative Service - KAS? I'm B.Sc Horticulture student so which subject should I select? Also, provide names of guide books or any notes available over internet.
Firstly, I would like to tell you that do not restrict yourself to just KAS or the KPS exam. Aim to clear the UPSC examination with the good marks/rank in Karnataka, so that you get a chance to get allotted in the Karnataka cadre.

Coming to your question how to prepare for the examination: The golden reule of Civil Service examination is the habit of reading newspaper everyday. I will suggest you to read "The Hindu". This will provide one with the base that one needs to begin with the preparation.

Next, you should be familiar with the examination pattern and the syllabus. The syllabus for this examination is quite huge, so start your preparation before only.

- Make a time table and follow them regularaly

- Buy the books that are necessary. Also download question papers of the concerned examination(Prelims+Mains) of every year, beginning with the year 2000 (move from the latest to the earliest)

- Follow the NCERT books all subjects of class 11 and 12 and Karnataka Board examination books as well.

- Go for mock test at every interval. There any forums where you can register yourself and take the test online and check your progress time to time.

- Do take rest and don't get tense. Prepare well and always motivate yourself take you can crack the examination with a good rank.

Being a B.SC Horticulture student you can choose the optional subject as per your interest and educational qualification. So, here are the list of optional subjects which you can choose:

- Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Anthroplogy
- Botany
- Geogrpahy
- Geology
- History
- Medical science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Sociology
- Zoology etc

You can go for the subjects like Agriculture or Botany or Animal Husbandry or Veterinary Science.
28th June 2019, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

How to start a preparation for kashmir administration services being a bsc nursing student? Which subjects should i selecet?
18th January 2020, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir I m BSC computer science student which subject iwill select for kas exam please guide me.
18th January 2020, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am BSc student which subject iwill select for kas exam please guide me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?