30th January 2012, 05:19 PM
shishit99

How to study Mechanical engineering after passing 10th class? What should I study in 12th?

hi i am from Nepal.I am in 10 class and i want to study mechanical engineering.which subject should i study in 12? Is it must to study science?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  2. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  3. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to study MS in Abroad if secured 58% in 10th, 48% in 12th and 8.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  5. Can I complete Aeronautical Engineering by taking educational loan?
  6. How to study automobile engineering after passing class 10th?
  7. How to study in diploma engineering after passing 10th from Delhi?
  8. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  9. Admission procedure to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate who has secured 45% in 10th?
  10. What should i do to study abroad after passing 12th and from being a poor background?
  11. How to study B.A through correspondence after passing 10th? How to apply? When is the notification going to be released?
  12. Can I apply to study in 12th standard if completed 10th about 2 years ago being a SC female student?
  13. How to study for MBBA after passing 10th?
  14. How can i study class 11th and 12th in Canada and passing 10th from ICSE board? -- [New]
  15. Can I study Automobile engineering after passing class 10th?
  16. How to get admission after passing 12th with 5 years study gap?
  17. How o study in Canada after passing 10th class from CBSE with 78% marks
  18. How to study in economics after passing 12th examination? What is the minimum marks required to study economics honors
31st May 2012, 12:50 PM
denwer

Smile Re: How to study Mechanical engineering after passing 10th class? What should I study in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishit99 View Post
hi i am from Nepal.I am in 10 class and i want to study mechanical engineering.which subject should i study in 12? Is it must to study science?
DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi...

If you want to study mechanical engineering then you must opt for science stream as your 12th subject with PCM or PCB. You try to score nice percentage in 12th class.

After that you can take several examinations to enter into b.tech in mechanical engineering stream..
Some of the prestigious institutes for studying mechanical engineering are:-

1. Indian institute of technology (IITs).

2. National institute of technology (NITs).

3. Delhi college of engineering (DCE).

4. Birla institute of technology and science (BITS,PILANI)

5. Birla institute of technology (BIT,MESRA.)

Thank you..!!!
31st May 2012, 12:57 PM
belidepriyanka

Thumbs up Re: How to study Mechanical engineering after passing 10th class? What should I study in 12th?

hi..
yes it is neccassary to study 12 class before doing mechanical engineering because the eligibility criteria for becoming an engineer in mechanics are:
  • should pass 12 class
  • should have math,physics,chemistry as your main subjects
  • should get rank and get qualified in the entrance exam of the engineering
as these are the eligibility criteria to do engineering it is neccassary to study 12 class
IN ORDER TO STUDY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING:
1.YOU NEED TO PASS 10 CLASS
2.AFTER 10 YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR 12 CLASS WITH M.P.C AS YOUR MAIN STREAM
3.YOU NEED APPLY FOR ENTRANCE TEST LIKE EAMCET,AIEEE,IIT AFTER 12 EXAMS
4.YOU NEED TO QUALIFY IN THE ENTRANCE EXAM WITH A GOOD RANK
5.THEN YOU CAN CHHOSE MECHANICS AS YOUR BRANCH IN ENGINEERING ...
all the best...
15th June 2013, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to study Mechanical engineering after passing 10th class? What should I study in 12th?

Hi
I am currently studying in class 10 and I have a great wish to study mechanics.
What steps should I take?
16th June 2013, 12:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Mechanical engineering after passing 10th class? What should I study in 12th?

If you want to study Engineering then Science stream is necessary to take. You will have to take Physics, Chemistry and Maths subjects in the 12th standard.

If you didn't you won't be able to apply for the Mechanical Engineering. However if you do not want to take science subjects then do the following.

Take admission for diploma in Mechanical Engineering. This course can be taken after 10th standard and therefore there will be no need to do 12th standard. The duration of diploma course is 3 years.

Once you have completed diploma, take admission for the Bachelor of Technology through the lateral entry scheme. This means that you will be able to take admission in second year of B.Tech.

But please remember that if you want admission in NITs and IITs then lateral entry is not possible. You will have to complete the 4 years course by appearing for the JEE entrance exam.

If you want admission in IITs or NITs then better complete 12th standard instead of doing diploma. Otherwise you will only end up wasting 1 year.

But in case if IITs and NITs are not priority, you can take admission for diploma in Mechanical Engineering followed by admission in same branch through lateral entry scheme for B.Tech.

To do so you will have to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test. For which you must have 60 percent marks in diploma. If you are falling short of percentage then appear for some other lateral entry entrance exam.

Some colleges have their own entrance exams in which you can even apply with 50 percent marks in diploma.

The other way mentioned is to complete 12th standard after which you will appear for the Joint Entrance Exam. Subjects that I mentioned earlier should be taken in the 12th standard.
16th September 2015, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

hi i am from INDIA which subject take in12th is more important for machenical enginnering? how many fees paid for Btech machenical enginnering? also which company take parmanant job or how many salary take?
16th September 2015, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

how many marks compulsary in CET for taking admission b tech machenical enginnering in vgti college? which subject take in 12th for machenical enginnering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?