14th August 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

How to take admission in diploma 2nd year after completing 12th?

I have complited 12th I want take admission in diploma 2nd year without entrance test is it possible if yes then how and in which college

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in direct 3rd year engineering after completing 12th HSC science?
  2. Admission in 2nd year diploma after completing 12th with PCM?
  3. Can I join B.Tech after completing diploma in Polytechnic? Percentage required to take admission in B.Tech in diploma? Is it necessary to pass 12th to take admission in B.E?
  4. After ITI which course is best for me in Software?
  5. Admission in Architecture after completing diploma Interior Designing?
  6. After completing Diploma can I get admission in B.E.? In which semester will I get admission?
  7. How to take admission in 2nd year diploma(electronics) in VJTI after completing diploma ETC? What is the procedure?
  8. Will I get admission to B.Tech IT course in second year after completing diploma course? -- [New]
  9. How to take admission in diploma 2nd year after completing 12th?
  10. Can I get admission in BE in 3rd year after completing diploma?
  11. How to get admission in VJTI in 2nd year in electronics after completing first year of diploma in E&TC? What is the procedure?
  12. Can I get admission in 3rd year in degree after completing diploma course in computer after 12th
  13. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  14. How can I get admission in 2nd year diplom course after completing 12th with 45.56%
  15. Can I take admission in 3rd year after completing diploma and 12th science?
  16. Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?
  17. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for applying for TCS?
17th March 2013, 11:02 AM
krrishh_002

Default Re: How to take admission in diploma 2nd year after completing 12th?

After completing 12th you can go for diploma which is a 3 yrs course after 10th std but as you completed your 12th you will be joining directly in 2nd year of diploma in your required field.

But presently, those who have done diploma are showing interest in getting a graduate degree and your going for diploma after 12 which is not a graduation.

Its upto you , but its good if you do any graduation course instead of diploma it helps your future.

Diploma holders salaries are less compared to graduate candidates..and most of them will be getting a job as workers, skilled labors, technicians etc.

B tech, bba, bsc, b.com, etc are other choices for you.

All the best!
17th March 2013, 05:17 PM
raj bn

No, you cannot directly get entry to second year of diploma. And you need not give entrance test for joining Diploma, only the marks obtained in maths and science subject of SSLC is considered. Depending on the mark obtained you get to choose different courses like Computer science, Mechanical, Electrical etc. This rule is for all polytechnics in India.

you can apply for any polytechnic colleges like:
1) Government Polytechnic , Mumbai
2) S H Jondhale Polytechnic, Thane
3) MEI Polytechnic, Bangalore
4) Vivekanand Education Society's Polytechnic, Mumbai
5) Bhadrak Institutes of Engineering and Technology - Balasore
6) Bharati Vidyapeeth's Jawaharlal Nehru Institutes of Technology - Pune
7) Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
etc. with your SSLC marks.

12th marks is not valid for applying for diploma.

After the completion of diploma you can directly join 2nd year of B.E or B.Tech in the same stream/course selected by you in Diploma. But some subjects (mathematics, Constitution of India and environment or any other subjects depending on the college) must be cleared in the remaining semesters i.e. from 3rd sem to 8th sem.

If your entrance test marks and 12th marks are not so good to get admission to good engineering college, then you may try for doing Diploma with your 10th marks.
But the rules may change from college to college for direct admissions to 2nd year.
After completion of diploma you can join B.E or B.Tech by giving entrance exam which is different from 12th pass entrance exams and which will be much easier for you to join B.E as it is not linked with 12th passed out students and only diploma pass outs will apply for it.
There will be reservations in every engineering college for diploma holders (about 10%).

and you will be having an advantage of knowing some subjects thought in the diploma classes being again studied in deep during engineering.

Some companies prefer non-lateral entries for jobs and Some other companies may also prefer lateral entries for job.

But the only thing is that you will be wasting one 1 year (i.e, 10+2+2+3=17 years of education while for lateral entries 10+2+4=16 years of education).
17th March 2013, 05:28 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In order to take admission into diploma you need to give the entrance exam by either the state government or central government.

You will be getting admission into the first year and directly to the second year you cannot get the admission for diploma course.

It is a 3 year course and as soon as you complete you can join B.Tech 2nd year to complete the engineering course.

There are lots and lots of courses available in diploma and you can go for the course in which you are interested.

The entrance exam depends on the place you live.

Thank you,

All the best.

Hi Guest,

In order to take admission into diploma you need to give the entrance exam by either the state government or central government.

You will be getting admission into the first year and directly to the second year you cannot get the admission for diploma course.

It is a 3 year course and as soon as you complete you can join B.Tech 2nd year to complete the engineering course.

There are lots and lots of courses available in diploma and you can go for the course in which you are interested.

The entrance exam depends on the place you live.

Thank you,

All the best.
17th March 2013, 08:49 PM
27kavitag

DEAR FIENDS
No,you can't admission in B.tech without clearing your PUC.Moreover if you want to join B.tech then you must have to complete your 12th with Physics,Chemistry,Maths with minimum 50% marks.Then you can apply for National level Engineering Entrance Tests such as IIT-JEE,AIEEE,after these tests you will be assigned colleges on the basis of your rank.The higher rank you will score,the better college you will get.You will get admission in B.tech first year on the basis of these tests.

If you don't want to join Engineering on the basis of 12th,you can join 3-year diploma course on the basis of your 10th marks.After completing your Diploma you will directly get admission to B.tech second year on the basis of LEET entrance test.

Best of luck for future.
THANKS
13th June 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I got 50% in 12.. Than I can admission in direct second year
22nd June 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to take admission in diploma 2nd year but i scorde less in 12th 46%
24th June 2013, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission to direct 2nd year engineering diploma i have got 53.17% in HSC agg. PCM 45%
27th June 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

i have just completed my 12th with 47% with PCM,and I directly want to take admission in 2nd year diploma course.is it possible?if yes,then when the admission process will began?
6th August 2013, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to take admission in diploma 2nd year after completing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have complited 12th I want take admission in diploma 2nd year without entrance test is it possible if yes then how and in which college
Reply fast
25th April 2014, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i eligible for the entranc exam of IIT if i do poltechnic
diploma after 12 sci non - medical Can i do 12th againafter diploma
5th June 2016, 11:28 PM
Papun kumar nayak

Yes you can join in the 2 years diploma by appearing in the Diploma entrance test in lateral entry after declaration of result you should go for counselling in the nearer nodal centre & you will be alerted a seat in the institute according to your rank .for counselling you should have required documents

Good luck.....
6th December 2017, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

After passing out graduation with physics honors there is any examination to lateral entry 2nd year in diploma engineering course?
5th March 2018, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I completed Intermediate in BPC. Now can I join in any diploma coures ? If I cannot join what should I do ?
20th July 2018, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my second puc three years back with 35 percent marks karnataka govt change 40 percent marks for admission to engineering courses for sc st & obc ,my friends with 35percent marks got engineering degree but I can't ,can I apply now with my 35 marks ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?