7th February 2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?

hii i am pursuring as a student of diploma in electronics nand communication.and i am itrested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf enterence exam or onterviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  2. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  3. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  4. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  5. How to do engineering degree from IIT after passing 2nd year diploma engineering
  6. How to get 2nd year admission in IIT after diploma in computer science and engineering?
  7. Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering? -- [New]
  8. How can I take admission in 2nd year after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  9. Can I get admission in IIT B.E B.Tech in 2nd year after passing 10th class by Punjab Board and while pursuing diploma in 6th semester upto 70% in mechanical engineering in LPU?
  10. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering?
  11. Science 12th pass can get admission in 2nd year of Diploma? Admission in 2nd year of engineering after Diploma?
  12. Can I get admission in 2nd year of IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. How to join IIT after passing 2nd year diploma?
  14. What is better, Diploma or 12th? What are the advantages of doing diploma+degree over 12th+degree? Does IIT offer direct 2nd year entry to diploma holders?
  15. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma?
  16. How to get admission for 2nd year B.Tech in IIT BHU? I am doing diploma in civil engineering in Kolkata
  17. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
19th February 2014, 10:52 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?

Generally with the 12th qualification,candidates join IIT Colleges on the basis of the IIT JEE Joint Entrance Examinaion.So as you are of a Diploma candidate you can also apply for the IIT JEE entrance examination.Because with out which you can not get any admission in Indian Institute of Technologies.

When only you qualify the IIT JEE entrance exam after your Diploma course you can of course eligible.So Since it is a very toughest engineering entrance examination you must prepare very well for the exam to get admission in IIT’s.For this to be elibile you must have obtained a minimum of 60% in Academics.So that you can there after get admission to pursue the various courses such as B.Tech/ B.E(Bachelor of engineering).

So on the basis of the marks scored in the examination you will be called for the Engineering counseling.There you can then select the college/university as well as the stream that you want to do in B.E/B.Tech.For preparation you can better to try for the NCERT books,so that most of the topics may cover from these books.

For this exam to be eligible,the minimum age must be of 18 years and the maximum age must not exceed more than 21 years.Generally after completion of the 12th class for 12th students there are two number of attempts are available.So with this candidate can utilize the facilities.But for this IIT JEE Admission,there were new rules got added.So for the IIT exam you must have to complete the JEE Advance first.You may prepare like Brilliant turorials,FIITJEE,Bansal classes and more.So even if you interested you need to write GATE Entrance examination,based on which you may then go for the Masters Degree.
6th March 2014, 12:02 PM
Teachwell785

Default Re: Admission in 2nd year IIT after Diploma engineering?

Basically with the 12th qualification candidates join IIT collage.You also given entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?