13th September 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

How to take NET Exam after completion of M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering?

Hello sir i have completed my post graduation (M-Tech in Thermal power engineering)
and i want to write net exam please can you guide me

Related Questions:
  1. When NTPI entrance exam for admission in 1 year PGD Thermal Power Engineering will be held?
  2. How to prepare for National Thermal Power Co. exam for Engineering Trainee? Which books to be referred?
  3. Information about placement in NPTI for PG diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering?
  4. Should I join Jadavpur and NPTI for Power Engineering course? Do Power Engineers work in Thermal Power Station or can they work anywhere?
  5. What is the admission process of PG diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering?
  6. Date of start of Thermal Power Plant Engineering Course?
  7. Hi I am Sagar
  8. How to go for designing after doing PG diploma in Thermal Power Plant Engineering
  9. How to get admission for post diploma in thermal power plant engineering at national power training institute, Nagpur? -- [New]
  10. M.Tech in Thermal or M.Tech in Designing which is better?
  11. Should I join NPTI or Jadavpur? Does power engineering graduate work in thermal power station or can he work anywhere?
  12. How to apply for Training in Thermal Power Plant while doing Electrical Engineering 3rd year?
  13. Can I apply for diploma in thermal power plant engineering after securing 59.5% in electrical diploma?
  14. WBUT, EE 4th sem. Thermal Power Engineering (ME (EE) 411) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Scope of B.Tech IT Professionals in ISRO? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to do summer internship in Thermal Bokaro Power Plant?
  17. Can I apply for Thermal Power Plant Engineering after completing electrical diploma with 59.5%?
  18. Can I Change my course from B.Sc to B.Sc(Mechanical engineering) by taking admission through correspondence? I'm working in Thermal power plant and I've done B.Sc(PCM)
13th September 2012, 06:24 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take NET Exam after completion of M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering?

Since you have completed the post graduation course, you can appear for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission. Those who are interested in Lectureship and PhD are required to appear for the National Eligibility Test in India. An alternative to this exam is State Eligibility Test for Lectureship often referred as SET or SLET.

While NET exam is conducted for lectureship in the central government colleges, SLET/SET exam is conducted for lectureship in state government colleges. Please remember that each state conducts its own SET entrance exam. Therefore if you passed the Gujarat SET exam, you would be only be eligible for job in colleges funded by Gujarat state government.

To appear for the NET exam you first need to ensure that you are meeting all the requirements.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian Citizen.

2. A post graduate degree in any stream from a UGC recognized college.

3. At least 55 percent marks in PG course.

4. In case of SC/ST, 50 percent marks in PG course.

5. Final year candidates of PG course may also apply.

6. However they need to submit their PG degree within 2 years of passing NET Exam.

7. There is no age limit for Lectureship.

8. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

9. However there is up to 5 years relaxation for reserve category.

10. There is no limit on number of attempts.

If you are meeting these requirements then apply for the NET Exam. The University Grants Commission conducts this exam twice a year. First time in June and secondly in December.

How To Apply

The application form has to be submit online on - http://ugcnetonline.in

You would require to download the Bank Challan Performa and the deposit the NET Exam fee in any branch of State Bank of India.

Candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC/PH would also require to submit attested copy of certificate.

The entire admission process can be read here - http://ugcnetonline.in/how_to_apply.php
25th February 2014, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take NET Exam after completion of M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering?

What subject I can take for net exam if I m mtech in thermal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?