6th December 2010, 09:33 AM
manoj henal silva

I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

i am a hotel management degree (BHM) student whether i am eligible for writing IAS

24th December 2010, 12:51 AM
Pawar Ritesh V.

Smile Re: I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj henal silva View Post
i am a hotel management degree (BHM) student whether i am eligible for writing IAS
" yes, if you have passed your Hotel Management Degree then you are eligible for IAS exams.
24th December 2010, 11:50 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

Dear friend,

I think that you can sit for the IAS exam.

The eligibility criteria for this exam says that the candidate should have a bachelors degree from a recognized university of India.

And also he/she should be aged between 21-30 years.

So you can write the IAS exam and for your further knowledge of the eligibility criteria you can visit the site of IAS: http://www.onestopias.com/eligibility-criteria.asp

All the best!
24th December 2010, 04:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

Hello friend,

The minimum academic qualification required to write the IAS exam is a bachelor's degree in any stream, from a recognised university.
You should have attained the age of 21 years and should not be over 30 years. (relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC)

The application form is available in the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices after the notification by UPSC. The advertisement for the same will be published in all leading newspapers including Employment News.
For further information, you may visit the official website of UPSC or contact
Secretary,
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House
Shahjahan Road
New Delhi - 110069
25th December 2010, 08:21 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear student,

The qualification required for IAS exam is Graduation in any streem by recognized university.

Age limit for IAS is 21 years to 30 years.

For further details refer website - http://www.onestopias.com/eligibility-criteria.asp

Best of luck.
31st January 2011, 11:02 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Friend

The Bachelor of Hotel Management degree is equivalent to all other graduation
degree as far as Civil Services Examination is concerned.
Therefore you are eligible for the exam. One more important thing to consider
is that if you have done BHM from some private institution then carefully
check that whether the institution is approved by some Govt. of India.

Other criteria is the age limit.
For GEN category age limit is 21-30 years
3 year relaxation for OBC category candidates
and 5 year relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

This year the notification for the exam will be available from 19th February.
Last date to apply is 21st March and the date of prelims examination is 12th June.
Visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Thank You
31st January 2011, 11:17 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend......
according to me you can appear for the IAS exam conducted by the UPSC....
candidates you have passed their bachelor's degree are eligible for the IAS exam ....
for the detailed information visit the site::
www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2011, 11:19 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Yes, of course you are eligible for writing the exam conducted for recruitment of IAS officers i.e. civil services exam (CSE).

The eligibility requirements for CSE is as follows:
Educational qualification: The candidate must have passed a bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized college.
Final year candidates may also apply.

Age limit: The candidate must be between 21 to 30 years of age.
Upper age limit is relaxable for specific categories of candidates.

For details visit: www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2011, 11:28 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
The Degree of Hotal Management is equivalent to the graduation then you are eligible for IAS examination because the eligibility criteria for IAS examination is graduation in any decipline from a recognize university and the age is between 21 to 30 years. So i can say that you are eligible for IAS examination. IAS examination is conducted by UPSC.
For more information please see the website of UPSC.
all the best.
31st January 2011, 11:32 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

Quote:

The basic eligibility criteria to appear in IAS exam are as follows :
(1)Age- 21-30 years as on 1.7.2011
(2)EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION-bachelor degree from a recognized university.
(3)Attempts allowed-4 for general , 7 for obc and there is no limit for sc/st/

since your degree that is BHM (Bachelor In Hotel Management) is equivalent to bachelor degree or graduation .

hence you are eligible. for latest dates of ias please visit the official website of upsc regularly that is http://www.upsc.go.in
1st February 2011, 12:23 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

hi friend,
yes you are eligible for IAS after hotel management degree as its eligibility criteria is that you need to have a degree certificate....

so best of luck...
1st February 2011, 12:26 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

Quote:
Dear friend,
For IAS exem,stream does not matter,but your graduation college or university should be govt approved,and also your age limit should between 21 to 30 years...
1st February 2011, 12:52 AM
Irfan bashir

yeh u can apply for IAS ,but having bhm degree and good talent will take u to become good manger in some great hotels .thus focus on to do masters degree from reputated college.
1st February 2011, 12:57 AM
bikenindia

Hi Manoj,

IAS or civil service exams are conducted by UPSC. The eligibility criteria is you should be a degree holder in any course.
So, if you get a degree of hotel management, then you are eligible to take up this exam.

All the best.
Thank you.
1st February 2011, 03:45 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea you are eligible for IAS examination. the eligibility criterion for IAS examination is you should have minimum of graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university to appear in IAS examination.

as you have completed graduation so you are eligible for IAS examination. you have to fulfill other eligibility criterion also for IAS examination. like your age should be in between 21 to 30 when you are appearing in IAS examination if you belongs to general category. for reserved candidate there are 5% relaxation in age.

for more information regarding IAS examination visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
1st February 2011, 04:36 PM
Irfan bashir

Yes u can do ias and just u have to take one of u field subject.
1st February 2011, 06:17 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

hi,
yes you are very much eligible for writing IAS exam.The eligibility criteria for appearing IAS exam is that you need to have a degree certificate from any renown colleges and the age limit is between 21-30 years old.So dont worry you are very much eligible for appearing IAS exam and prepare well for it.you can do it.
best of luck.
1st February 2011, 07:56 PM
mohit brh

yes you are eligible for appearing in IAS examination
(i) Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).
(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
1st February 2011, 08:09 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes u r eligible for ias.
they only want a bachelor degree of aggregate of 60% marks
1st February 2011, 08:42 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

hotel management is a graduation course
and the eligibility criteria for IAS is a bachelors degree from any recognized university..
so you are eligible.
1st February 2011, 10:45 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

To Appear In IAS Exams, You Need A Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent Qualification.

So, Please dont Worry, You Are Eligible for IAS Examination, But Make Sure That Your Age Is Between 21 to 30 Years. And If You Are to Appear for the Qualifying Examination and You are Awaiting For Results are also Eligible to Appear for the Preliminary Examination.

All such Candidates who qualify to Appear for the Civil Services Main Examination Must Produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination. So, Please Dont Worry, You Are Eligible to Appear In IAS Examinations.
1st February 2011, 11:11 PM
khan2003

Dear friend, here is the eligibility criteria for IAS:

education qualification- 10+2+3, i.e. graduate from a recognized univ.

age limit- 21-30 years
3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

no. of attempts- four, 7 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST

So dear you eligible for the same.

best of luck
1st February 2011, 11:12 PM
khan2003

Dear friend, here is the eligibility criteria for IAS:

education qualification- 10+2+3, i.e. graduate from a recognized univ.

age limit- 21-30 years
3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

no. of attempts- four, 7 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST

So dear you eligible for the same.

best of luck
2nd February 2011, 07:51 PM
diego
Banned

Education wise speaking you are eligible for IAS, assuming that you have done it form some recognized university.... minimum eligibility is GRADUATION... Now if you also fulfill other criteria' like AGE ( you must be between 21 to 30 years, for general candidates.. reservation candidates have some relaxations)
you can appear for Civil Services exam.
visit for more info::http://www.upsc.gov.in/
4th February 2011, 12:35 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes u r eligible for IAS.
any individual with any bachelor degree is eligible for IAS exam.
5th February 2011, 07:35 PM
Irfan bashir

yes u r eligible for IAS.
any individual with any bachelor degree is eligible for IAS exam.it does not matter what is your back ground.
18th February 2011, 06:14 AM
Unregistered

i have a degree in Hotel management (BHM) am i eligible to write APPSC Group -II exams
27th February 2011, 01:40 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

Yes you are eligible for IAS ........

for IAS exam as any Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS.

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

UPSC conduct CIVILSERVICE exam for top service like IAS,IPS,IFS and for other government jobs.Even this onwards the pattern

of exam also changed as it doesnot have any special subject and the paper will be same for all the candidates.
27th February 2011, 08:33 PM
xavi

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

--Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
27th February 2011, 08:52 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: I have a Hotel Management Degree(BHM) : Am I eligible for writing IAS?

hi!!!!
Ofcourse you are eligible but why do not go for H.M. because you are already have a base of that.
If you go for IAS you can destroy someones future who are already in the line of IAS because there are few seats of IAS but there are much seats for Hotel Manager.But decision is yours i was only suggesting you.

with best wishes!!!!
31st March 2011, 10:02 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

If your degree is equivalent to a qualified university degree which is recognized by Indian govt then

you are eligible..

If that is a diploma course there is no chance for you for attempting in Civil Services

The basic eligibilty criteria for Civil Services Examination..

-> you should have a valid recoginzed indian university degree

-> your age should be in between 21 and 30

this is the basic eligibility criteria for appearing in civil service examination.

if you want to know more about this examination

then go through the below attached official link

www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes

~aditya~
18th May 2011, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

i have done hotel management from international institute of hotel management and the degree is BA in hospitality management from Edinburgh Napier university Scotland UK. Is this degree eligible for IAS exams. PLEASE HELP. I am not able to gather accurate information anywhere.
5th October 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

can i give upsc exams on my own subjects of BHM degree
20th January 2012, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

I AM 28 YEAR OLD SO CAN I DO M-TECH
13th April 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I completed 10 2.Which course is equal to degree in hotel management........
25th April 2012, 04:02 PM
onest

8th May 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i've done my hotel mang and have worked for some good hotels as well. I want to get into some other job. what can i do????
15th May 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends..I am a hotel management graduate (4year degree called B.H.M. As I understand that I can appear in any exams like IAS,IPS, BANK ETC.BUT MY doubt is regarding subject selection. I was having only one subject..Statistic only. From the list. Can I go for IAS IAS
24th June 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

yes 100% u are eligible for IAS exam having BHM ALL THE BEST FOR UR FUTURE
10th September 2012, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

i m a degree holder in hotel management, is ihm degree is valid in b.ed?
10th September 2012, 11:11 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello,
17th September 2012, 12:51 AM
kreddy1

Yes frieng u r eligible for ias and also all govt jobs
eligibility for ias;
1.should complete any graduation
2.should be indian citizen
3.age limit 23 to 30 years
4.no of attempts
for obc-7
for sc/st-un limited
for general-4 attempts
so ur eligible and u can apply,prepare well
thank you
4th December 2013, 08:17 AM
Unregistered

I completed bachelor degree in hotel management from osmania university can i eligible for apgroup2
23rd December 2014, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

i have a hotel management degree from p.t.u Bs.c hm.. am i eligible for any others jobs like .banks,police,or any other jobs which need graduation
18th August 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

i have a hotel management degree form Acharya Nagarjuna University it eligible for s.i police jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?