20th February 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Three years Diploma holder in Hotel Management & Catering is eligible to be an IAS or IPS Officer?

I have completed three years diploma in hotel management and catering from gihm dehradun can i apply for ias or ips officer?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IAS or IPS exam if completed three years diploma programme in Hotel Management and Catering?
  2. Having done Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology am I eligible for BHMCT?
  3. Am I eligible for IPS exam after doing 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology after 12th?
  4. What is the qualification for IPS? I have 3 years diploma in hotel management
  5. How to join HM college if I am a student of 12th science under WB board?
  6. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  7. How to get a job after doing 3 years diploma in hotel management and catering technology
  8. Graduation Courses in Hotel Management after Diploma in Hotel Management and Experience
  9. Career in Hotel management & catering after 12th commerce without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Whether Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology course is available? Entrance exam for this course? Whether a candidate get admission in degree course after completing diploma?
  11. Can i take up Hotel Management as a career after 11th standard?
  12. Converting Hotel Management Diploma to BSc in Hotel Management by giving extra papers
  13. Am I eligible for IAS and IPS exam while doing Hotel Management Course?
  14. Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to Degree?
  15. How to apply for railway catering job after completing hotel management 3 years diploma?
  16. How to get employment in railways? I have completed Hotel Management Catering and Tourism with 5 years of experience
  17. How to go for higher studies after completing my diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology from IHMCT Chennai?
  18. How to do MBA after BBA? I am pursuing BBA from IP university
20th February 2015, 08:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Three years Diploma holder in Hotel Management & Catering is eligible to be an IAS or IPS Officer?

No, you are not eligible to become an IAS or IPS officer after completion of your three years Diploma course from a recognised board. To become an IAS officer, you need to appear in Indian Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Since, you have not completed Graduation course, you are not eligible to appear in IAS or IPS examinations.
21st February 2015, 08:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Three years Diploma holder in Hotel Management & Catering is eligible to be an IAS or IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed three years diploma in hotel management and catering from gihm dehradun can i apply for ias or ips officer?
No, you are not eligible for IAS/IPS exam.

IAS/IPS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS/IPS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS/IPS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Optional subject for IAS/IPS exam:-

Mains subject for IAS/IPS exam:-

For more details about IAS/IPS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
17th July 2019, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

With hotel management degree we are eligible to write civil service exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?